Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineeXp
DiLaTeD AnReSpEcTeD

Loc: Not Me13
liberty cap question...
    #1016425 - 11/02/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i have managed to grow a hefty cultavation of myceliium from a single liberty cap, initial extraction was from single mushroom cap on toilet paper bathed in liquid nutrient, this seemed odd as i gather liberty caps grow mainly on decomposed material.. am i wrong here ??

well i now have a nice culture suspended in 1part to 10 part honey solution, and wish to continue this project to fruiting...

is there any alternate substrate to colonise, i do not wish to follow the dung straw method that i have been informed for some F**ked up reason, but still wish to continue the project.

has anybody had any success cultivating on a different base, if so what tec if any should i use..

please dont moan at me for not reading the FAQ as i have read pretty much every page, was just wondering if anybody had any experiance with slightly more abstract but successful projects.

would appreciate any help u can give, and will provide detailed grow logs to accompany my project.

this is not my first grow but it is my first detailed study into cultivation, so plz dont look on me as a newbie, thx for ur time.

:tongue:  :cool: ReSpEcT  :cool:  :tongue: 

--------------------
look i aint being funny or nuttin but if u dont back the fuck down theres gonna be murdas! ReSpEcT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Re: liberty cap question... [Re: eXp]
    #1016551 - 11/02/02 07:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sporeworks has more info on this species here.

I would suggest going to pre-soaked (overnight) sterilized rye grass seed with your liquid mycelium solution. When this grows out, you could break it up and case it with 50/50 and try to fruit it at room temperature. This works for Ps. Mexicana indoors. Liberty cap cultivation has been likened more to that of the azures though, so you will probably have better success innoculating pasteurized wheat straw (supplemented with a nutrient supply such as rice and a small amount of dung) or possibly even sawdust and then preparing the resulting spawn in outdoor beds.

I look forward to seeing any progress on this petite and potent species in a grow log.

OfflineeXp
DiLaTeD AnReSpEcTeD

Re: liberty cap question... [Re: bowling-name]
    #1017341 - 11/03/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

cheers for ya help bro, will look into the outdoor method a little more, howeva i think it will be too cold now to start (uk), i could howeva set up a semi indoor/outdoor grow in my heated shed.

and whateva i end up doing there will be a grow log to accompany (even if things go wrong) .

any1 else got any ideas ???? 

--------------------
look i aint being funny or nuttin but if u dont back the fuck down theres gonna be murdas! ReSpEcT

Edited by eXp (11/03/02 01:35 AM)

OfflineeXp
DiLaTeD AnReSpEcTeD

#1020034 - 11/04/02 02:59 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

***>>> BUMP <<<***

--------------------

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island
    #1020192 - 11/04/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You might try the advanced cultivation forum. Other than that... i dont know.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1020231 - 11/04/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Its possible, but from what ive read ps.semilanceata resists cultivation more than azurescens

--------------------

OfflineeXp
DiLaTeD AnReSpEcTeD

Re: liberty cap question... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1020512 - 11/04/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

okay people cheers for your help, am thinking about an outdoor grow now, should be well setup and documented soon, still awaiting full colonisation, but should be soon, was wondering if anybody had a list of growth parimeters for liberty caps..

ie temps and light type best for pinning, details on fruiting etc. would be a great help , cheers

--------------------

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Should this work? [Re: eXp]
    #1466087 - 04/17/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hi guys...I was just wondering if you think this should work, or at least has a chance at making it...
The other day I went on a huge hunt and picked about 1000 liberty caps. Now this was the first time I have tried this species and oh-my, they are a very nice species indeed :smile: And I was just thinking I would like to have some of these a little closer to home...or AT home! So what I did was I found about 10 mushrooms in my pile that had nice healthy looking bases (still some mycelium tufts coming off the bottom) and I picked the bases off them. I put these in a blender with some water along with a couple of whole shrooms just to keep my bases covered. I blended these until there was just a bunch of brownish fibres floating suspended in the water. I added 1 teaspoon of honey to the solution (1.5 litres) as well as 1.5 ml of 6% peroxide solution. It has been a couple of days now and a few of the chunks have definate mycelium growth, the whole bottle of liquid looks quite healthy.
Here are my questions:
-Should I just pour this liquid around grassy areas e.g my back yard and the sheep paddoc behind my house?
-Can I multiply the amounts of solution I have by making up many litres of peroxidated honey water and then dividing the bottle I have amongst more bottles?
-How much solution should I place in one spot? e.g is it better to put say, 500ml in one spot so it thouroughly soaks in, or would it be better to spread it out quite a lot?
-Is there any other tips you guys have about using Ps.Scemilanceata liquid innoculant?

Sorry about the long winded post, but I really want this grow to work out! I really appreciate any input.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate