Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narf Carolina Flag
Less than "vigorous" myc.......????
    #10163173 - 04/14/09 09:52 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

A pal was showing me recently how he used agar slants from literally 18 months ago to inooculate two dozen or so more slants. 
The  original slants hadnt been refrigerated, and were dessicated from sitting in room temp for over a year and a half. I mean totally dessicated, 0% moisture.

Sure enough, of 24 new slants transferred to, only 3-5 showed growth worth further transferring.  The other 18-20 slants did nothing but get WISPS of mycelial fuzz, no running.

BTW, the original, hella old slants were from clone tissue of an isolate grow.

My question is:

If those viable slants were used to inoculate some grain jars, will there be any noticeable loss in the vigor of the mycelium compared to the original Kick ass speed of the clone tissue used? 

Second question:

After colonization, if that grain is spawned to bulk, will more tome need be alotted for colonization/fruiting?

Third question:

Anyone with experience in reviving a seemingly dead tisssue sample, please give me helful tips and pointers on producing fruits from such.

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Edited by shroomie_glen (04/14/09 09:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Re: Less than "vigorous" myc.......???? [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #10176425 - 04/16/09 07:54 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

bizzump shnizzup

--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Less than "vigorous" myc.......???? [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #10176457 - 04/16/09 08:09 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I'll answer your third question. I have revived a completely dehydrated piece of an APE's partial veil that was stuck to foil. It is growing. Pretty slow, though. "Vigorous" is one word I'd definitely not use to describe it. I'd say it takes about twice as long as "regular" cubensis mycelium to colonize the grains. Then again, I hear APE is a slow colonizer anyways. I haven't fruited it yet, so I don't know if my trays will bear fruits at all.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlineshroomie_glen
RedHotPussyLiquor
Male User Gallery

Re: Less than "vigorous" myc.......???? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10176520 - 04/16/09 08:29 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Thats very different, though.  There will be spores deposited on the partial veil, which will germinate and produce MS results.

the tissue sample used here, was a clonal piece of internal stem from an already isolated body.

A better question would be:

After total dessication (i mean 100%, NO water left) of a clone tissue sample, when revived, will it have lost its once outstanding vigor due to being "resurrected"?

RR, i know you have a couple pennies to toss at me on this one.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds