Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesquideh
Stranger
Trip exposing underlying mental problems?
    #10162939 - 04/14/09 08:33 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yesterday I tripped with two girls, J and C, both of their first times. It was my third mushroom trip. The first time was with 4g, second 1.75g. They only wanted to eat a gram each to start, so I just ate 1.75g, the same dose I had taken my second trip, just in case anything went wrong.

Now it started out pretty fine, we were walking in the woods through a nature preserve and just talked a bit while we ate the shrooms. About 20 minutes after eating I noticed the body high and giggling that I always get, which told me the trip was starting. I told the girls and they both were still sober. A few minutes later, J said she was feeling it, said that she felt pretty tipsy. C still felt nothing. For the next 30 mins J and I stared at the woods and talked about all the patterns, she noted that everything was "melting". C still felt nothing.

Then we decided to go back to my car, because C figured since she didnt feel anything from the gram and it had been an hour that she just needed to take more next time, and I had a few beers in my car that she wanted to drink. After she drank 3 beers, she started acting kinda funny and I figured her trip was finally starting. But then she started repeating herself and saying the same phrases over and over and worrying about how her parents were going to kill her. Like she seriously repeated a few phrases for about 4 hours before she calmed down. I tried to get her to relax and told her it was all becuase of the shrooms, and the fear she was experiencing wasnt real, but she just wouldnt snap out of it, until about 5 hours after dosing, when J and I were already very sober. It was like hell for me tripping with so much repetition, I don't think she even realized what she was doing.

Anyone know why this would happen? I thought it was pretty safe giving them a gram of shrooms each, though theyre pretty small girls, especially J. She definitely had a nice trip she said though, so maybe the weight difference really mattered. Also I found out C takes zoloft daily, would that interact with the shrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlickeryVision
Magic Professor
Male

Loc: Amsterdam!
Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: squideh]
    #10162954 - 04/14/09 08:39 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well that could depend on what the Zoloft was prescribed for. It could have been prescribed for a panic disorder, in which case I would say; Yes, the trip DID expose underlying mental problems.

--------------------
Anyone in the Netherlands or London, UK looking to sell :sanpedro: or :peyotespectrum: just :pm:

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: FlickeryVision]
    #10162981 - 04/14/09 08:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

brevity thought loops
i hate those

--------------------

Offlinesquideh
Stranger
Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: Coaster]
    #10163035 - 04/14/09 09:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I just did some reading on thought loops after you said that, that's exactly what she was doing. Kept shouting really random words too, similar to someone with tourettes.

I thought I was going insane and she wasnt actually repeating herself for a while though. Then J informed me she has gotten like this when high (smoking weed) though not for nearly as long.

Also, I don't know what she's prescribed the zoloft for.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#10163052 - 04/14/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have had thought loops. People defined as "sane" can have thought loops on these drugs.

It's annoying as hell to be caught in one too, so I'm sure she knew to a point. It's like uncontrollable.

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #10163075 - 04/14/09 09:17 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah thought loops suck and sometimes they just happen. I have tripped 100+ times with most of them being fine. I do remember my first bad trip involved the most terrible thought loop. I even realized that I was repeating the same thing over and over. But then I would forget again and do it again. I would do the same actions in the same order for about 3 hours straight. It was complete hell. After the loops I ended up having an ego loss experience in my bed next to my sleeping girlfriend. My girlfriend woke up to me crying wishing I could be normal again.

I would definitely find out what the Zoloft is for, because she might not be a good person to trip.

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineZigmat
Far Out

Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: kungpow]
    #10163094 - 04/14/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds exactly as something that happened to a friend of mine on LSD a while ago, even made a thread about it. His case was quite extreme, since he couldn't communicate with us except for the few phrases he kept repeating, and did all sorts of random stuff like eating sand.

He finally snapped out of it hours and hours later, after we had spent hours of our trip thinking he would stay like that. My theory now is that he wasn't able to manage the effect (aka, he didn't know what to expect) and he got "stuck" like that. That's probably what happened to your friend as well.

Suffice to say, i don't plan on taking any more psychedelics with him again.

--------------------

OfflineBigSpoon
Stranger

Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: kungpow]
    #10163098 - 04/14/09 09:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I've had a thought loop where every time my mind rolled around and started again my 'mind' became smaller. it was like my mind was eating itself.

Eventually it became so small that it ceased to exist.

What was probably about 3 seconds felt like a hell of a lot longer and probably the worst thing I have ever experienced. I ceased to exist.

This all happened over about 20 minutes. Took me a long while to piece the night together, but I thought it was about 4 hours long for quite some time...

OfflineFlickeryVision
Magic Professor
Male

Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: Zigmat]
    #10163117 - 04/14/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah same thing happened to my friend on shrooms. (though he wasn't exactly eating sand our questions did not register with him and he kept yelling slurred sentences about us tripping. And he grabbed my clock for no apparent reason. He was like a little child you couldn't leave alone for a second.)

--------------------
Anyone in the Netherlands or London, UK looking to sell :sanpedro: or :peyotespectrum: just :pm:

Offlinesquideh
Stranger
    #10163902 - 04/14/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FlickeryVision said:
Yeah same thing happened to my friend on shrooms. (though he wasn't exactly eating sand our questions did not register with him and he kept yelling slurred sentences about us tripping. And he grabbed my clock for no apparent reason. He was like a little child you couldn't leave alone for a second.)

Yeah, I kept saying the same things back to her I now realize, telling her to relax, and she'd respond with "it's not that easy" and fall right back into the loop. We tried everything and I really thought she was going to hurt herself or something, cause the stuff she was talking about the whole time was pretty suicidal.

OfflineFlickeryVision
Magic Professor
Male

#10163931 - 04/14/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, the stuff my guy kept saying wasn't suicidal, it was more like: "OhMyGodWeAreTrippingNicelyArentWe...WeAreTripping!!" and when me and my other friend were no longer tripping, and responded to exclamations like: "WeAreTotallyTrippingTogether!", with "We aren't really tripping anymore, man, it's time you came down!", he simply replied with:"We'reTripping!", and stuff... You know, he completely didn't register us! I guess he just got stuck at "I am tripping" and didn't proceed in doing it? He might have been a bit too excited about it?

--------------------

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
    #10164241 - 04/14/09 01:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

|_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP |_o0p l0oP RED BLUE RED BLUE RED BLUE!

--------------------

Edited by mockingbird (04/14/09 01:47 PM)

OfflineFlickeryVision
Magic Professor
Male

Re: Trip exposing underlying mental problems? [Re: mockingbird]
    #10170830 - 04/15/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Nigga What!?

--------------------

Offlineretrospect
    #10184271 - 04/17/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

after many acid trips i've found you can turn the thought loops off if you follow a general thought process

but i know what you mean, they can be crazy, but imo its just the psychedelics forcing the user to let go of life. if your not ready to do that, its not the best idea to be trippin.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract