Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Loc: Japan
maintaining temperature
    #10156487 - 04/13/09 06:55 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hey all, I'm about to start my first ever batch of p. cubensis and I'm concerned over one aspect of the procedure.  Sorry if there's been like 300 threads about this already, but I live in a Japanese house, with a Japanese wife, which means no AC or heat of any kind.
It can get down to 65 indoors at night and 85 indoors in the early evening, and that's right now, I can only imagine how bad it will be when temperatures peak over 100 in the next few months.

How have you guys kept somewhat standard temp ranges in fluctuating situations?  Are there any teks to make an easy to regulate incubator or some such? thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoriginal1986
shroomConnoisseur
Male User Gallery

Re: maintaining temperature [Re: kablamo]
    #10156636 - 04/13/09 08:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well it sounds like your gonna have some fun. do you have a basement? or a place where it is always cool its easier to maintain temp in cold than in the heat. If you were to make a incubator it would have to be a big one to place your FC in but if you did that how would it get FAE. Why do you not get a air conditioner do Japanese people enjoy being uncomfortable lol I dont understand no heat no AC not for me. well good luckhttp://www.shroomery.org/forums/images/smileys/gethigh.gif

--------------------
I would like to thank all the people who contribute there knowledge on this site which helps the average person like my self take up this hobbie.I see no harm in growing for personal use ill never grow enough to get a serious charge and i have a pretty good lawyer.

OfflineCarbonKing
Stranger Danger!

Re: maintaining temperature [Re: original1986]
    #10156710 - 04/13/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe check the temperature somewhere dark and low leveled. Ex: Under the sink cupboards, closet, under house, basement.

Another option in really hot weather is to get a cooler and place a frozen bottle or two in it. Make sure to exchange the bottles with new frozen ones. And make sure to keep an eye on the temperature.

--------------------
Live a Little...

Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Loc: Japan
Re: maintaining temperature [Re: CarbonKing]
    #10156783 - 04/13/09 09:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It's not about enjoying being uncomfortable so much as it is about nobly suffering through being uncomfortable for whatever reason, no money, saving energy, being tough, or whatever it is.

Nope, I don't have a basement, i'm actually in a little apartment, so no insulated rooms.  I will check the temp in a few closets and stuff and also cupboards, I think I'll just convince my wife that since we have a new baby that we need to use the AC for the baby's sake.

Thanks for the pointers.

Wouldn't a cooler inhibit air exchange though?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: maintaining temperature [Re: kablamo]
    #10157117 - 04/13/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Normal day/night temperature fluctuations are OK.  In fact, they're a pinning trigger.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Bags