Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigSpoon
Stranger

Some amazing mushrooms you might like to see (NSW- Australia)
    #10156254 - 04/13/09 04:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I went away for the long weekend to do some camping and bush walking.
Found all of these in the forest just around the camp site.

I'd sure like to know some more about all these amazing mushrooms. We found about 15 types in an area that would have been less than 100x100 meters!

Anyways, if you can give me some more information, that would be wonderful! And if you can't, well i hope you enjoyed seeing these pictures!

(Reminded me a whole lot of the Caterpillar in Alice In Wonderland... "Whoooo arrrrreee yoouuuu??":tongue2:)

Those last ones popped up overnight in the ash and coals from the fire place! Amazing!

Sorry that the photos aren't really the best for identification purposes. At the time we were just taking photos because they were amazing, not to identify them...

This was near oberon, by the way. I'd be interested to know if any were psilocybin/psilocin containing, though I don't believe any of them are...?

Hope you all enjoy the photos! I was astounded by the beauty of what the old forest produces and just had to share them!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: Some amazing mushrooms you might like to see (NSW- Australia) [Re: BigSpoon]
    #10162581 - 04/14/09 05:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hey man i love the purple ones! The top one is young and hard to ID but could turn out to be a Russula lenkunya.. maybe Cortinarius archeri too.

You might also have a Tricholoma, some Hypholoma (brick caps), a few deadly Galerinas on the trunk there, a coral fungus, and the last pic is a Coprinus atramentarius.. That small red/yellow pair in the middle looks interesting too, never seen one with those colours.

Nice pics, thanks for posting

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflineBigSpoon
Stranger

Re: Some amazing mushrooms you might like to see (NSW- Australia) [Re: undergrounder]
    #10162635 - 04/14/09 06:27 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Cheers for the reply!

I googled some of the names you mentioned and then purple ones are DEFINITELY Cortinarius archeri. Great to have a name to the amazing find! There were about 6 in a small patch.

If you're interested in their whereabouts I can message you. If thats allowed?

Bit of a drive but oh so worth it!!!

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Some amazing mushrooms you might like to see (NSW- Australia) [Re: BigSpoon]
    #10162962 - 04/14/09 08:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Beauty shroom there mate!!!

OfflineBigSpoon
Stranger

Re: Some amazing mushrooms you might like to see (NSW- Australia) [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #10163012 - 04/14/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Aye, my girlfriend found it. At the exact msame moment I found an nice brown mushroom. I thought she found a bug or something and was about to say "Oh yeah well look at this!".

Naturally I just said "Oh I found a mushroom over there too."

These things were astounding. I've never seen anything like them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies