Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks
    #1014931 - 11/02/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

:shocked: :shocked:How you spell...beligerant? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Chris Floyd: 'Into the dark: The Pentagon plan to provoke terrorist attacks'
Posted on Friday, November 01 @ 08:46:39 EST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chris Floyd

"This age: layers of lime harden in the sick son's blood...
There's nowhere to run from the tyrant-epoch...
Who else will you kill? Who else glorify?
What other lies will you invent?"
— Osip Mandelshtam, "1 January 1924"

This column stands foursquare with the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, when he warns that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and civilization at large. We know, as does the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, that this statement is an incontrovertible fact, a matter of scientific certainty. And how can we and the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, be so sure that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and civilization at large?

Because these attacks will be instigated at the order of the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense.

This astonishing admission was buried deep in a story which was itself submerged by mounds of gray newsprint and glossy underwear ads in last Sunday's Los Angeles Times. There -- in an article by military analyst William Arkin, detailing the vast expansion of the secret armies being massed by the former Nixon bureaucrat now lording it over the Pentagon -- came the revelation of Rumsfeld's plan to create "a super-Intelligence Support Activity" that will "bring together CIA and military covert action, information warfare, intelligence, and cover and deception."

According to a classified document prepared for Rumsfeld by his Defense Science Board, the new organization -- the "Proactive, Preemptive Operations Group (P2OG)" -- will carry out secret missions designed to "stimulate reactions" among terrorist groups, provoking them into committing violent acts which would then expose them to "counterattack" by U.S. forces.

In other words -- and let's say this plainly, clearly and soberly, so that no one can mistake the intention of Rumsfeld's plan -- the United States government is planning to use "cover and deception" and secret military operations to provoke murderous terrorist attacks on innocent people. Let's say it again: Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and the other members of the unelected regime in Washington plan to deliberately foment the murder of innocent people -- your family, your friends, your lovers, you -- in order to further their geopolitical ambitions.

For P2OG is not designed solely to flush out terrorists and bring them to justice -- a laudable goal in itself, although the Rumsfeld way of combating terrorism by causing it is pure moral lunacy. (Or should we use the Regime's own preferred terminology and just call it "evil"?) No, it seems the Pee-Twos have bigger fish to fry. Once they have sparked terrorists into action -- by killing their family members? luring them with loot? fueling them with drugs? plying them with jihad propaganda? messing with their mamas? or with agents provocateurs, perhaps, who infiltrate groups then plan and direct the attacks themselves? -- they can then take measures against the "states/sub-state actors accountable" for "harboring" the Rumsfeld-roused gangs. What kind of measures exactly? Well, the classified Pentagon program puts it this way: "Their sovereignty will be at risk."

The Pee-Twos will thus come in handy whenever the Regime hankers to add a little oil-laden real estate or a new military base to the Empire's burgeoning portfolio. Just find a nest of violent malcontents, stir 'em with a stick, and presto: instant "justification" for whatever level of intervention/conquest/rapine you might desire. And what if the territory you fancy doesn't actually harbor any convenient marauders to use for fun and profit? Well, surely a God-like "super-Intelligence Support Activity" is capable of creation ex nihilo, yes?

The Rumsfeld-Bush plan to employ murder and terrorism for political, financial and ideological gain does have historical roots (besides al Qaeda, the Stern Gang, the SA, the SS, the KGB, the IRA, the UDF, Eta, Hamas, Shining Path and countless other upholders of Bushian morality, decency and freedom). We refer of course to Operations Northwoods, oft mentioned in these pages: the plan that America's top military brass presented to President John Kennedy in 1963, calling for a phony terrorist campaign -- complete with bombings, hijackings, plane crashes and dead Americans -- to provide "justification" for an invasion of Cuba, the Mafia/Corporate fiefdom which had recently been lost to Castro.

Kennedy rejected the plan, and was killed a few months later. Now Rumsfeld has resurrected Northwoods, but on a far grander scale, with resources at his disposal undreamed of by those brass of yore, with no counterbalancing global rival to restrain him -- and with an ignorant, corrupt president who has shown himself all too eager to embrace any means whatsoever that will augment the wealth and power of his own narrow, undemocratic, elitist clique.

There is prestuplyeniye here, transgression, a stepping-over -- deliberately, with open eyes, with forethought, planning, and conscious will -- of lines that should never be crossed. Acting in deadly symbiosis with rage-maddened killers, God-crazed ranters and those supreme "sub-state actors," the mafias, Bush and his cohorts are plunging the world into an abyss, an endless night of black ops, retribution, blowback, deceit, of murder and terror -- wholesale, retail, state-sponsored, privatized; of fear and degradation, servility, chaos, and the perversion of all that's best in us, of all that we've won from the bestiality of our primal nature, all that we've raised above the mindless ravening urges and impulses still boiling in the mud of our monkey brains.

It's not a fight for freedom; it's a retreat into darkness.

And the day will be a long time coming.

A shorter version of this piece originally appeared in The Moscow Times:
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/
2002/11/01/120.html

Want to comment? Login or register.

Related Links 
Search for more articles about War & Terrorism

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most-read article about War & Terrorism:
Dissenting voices not welcome in a flag-waving chorus across America

Most-recent articles about War & Terrorism:

• Chris Floyd: 'Into the dark: The Pentagon plan to provoke terrorist attacks'
• US warned not to seize control of Iraqi oil
• Jay Bookman: 'Long before Sept. 11, Bush targeted Iraq'
• David Krieger: 'We can stop this war before it begins'
• Mubashir Rizvi: 'Powerful spin machine sputtering'

Print this article

Email this article

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1015881 - 11/02/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

:frown:

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1016102 - 11/02/02 03:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Allow me to paraphrase P.T. Barnum....
There's a sucker born every minute.

Those who write this stuff, and those who believe it and post it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1016281 - 11/02/02 04:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Are you going to make any effort to refute what's being said, or are you just going to throw insults around as usual?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: Phluck]
    #1017355 - 11/03/02 12:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Are you going to make any effort to refute what's being said, or are you just going to throw insults around as usual?

There's more chance of the sky falling in than luvdem making a post on-topic. The really funny thing is he'll have his closed minded mates around saying what wonderful points he makes soon  :grin:

The truth is a threat to these people. Once you know that you can understand them a little. Not that it makes them any less boring!   

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1018961 - 11/03/02 04:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I made all the response that this post was worthy of.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #1019374 - 11/03/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Does it seem that farfetched?  I don't know about this one, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Wasn't there a declassified CIA document from the 60's that said they were considering comiting an act of terrorism and then blaming Fidel Castro, in order to justify invading Cuba?

I don't know much more about it except what I've heard.  This kind of fits with that.

America, to an outside observer seems...strange and scary.  The sheer size of the military, the nuclear capabilities, all of it.

Maybe it all seems to make sense to those on the inside of USA, but us on the outside wonder what would happen if someone like Hitler rose to the top there.  The potential for destruction keeps a lot of people a bit nervous.  So IF this business about Rumsfeld is untrue, at least you can understand why people's minds might be going in these paranoid directions.
:ooo: :mad: :cool: :smile: :frown: :blush: :crazy: :laugh: :shocked: : :smirk: :confused: :grin: :wink: :tongue: 

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1020561 - 11/04/02 09:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, that's what you always say. Never seem to back it up with anything though.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1020576 - 11/04/02 10:03 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, that's what you always say. Never seem to back it up with anything though.

Just wait. Mr mushrooms or one of the other far right wingers will post soon and say he has made some "startlingly wise and intelligent points".

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1020615 - 11/04/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting Article...but I'm sad to say that it's not really news to me. Ever since 9/11 I have had a sour taste in my mouth from Bush and Rumsfield and co. Rumsfield has been lurking around in the shadows for a long time...and it seems like in the last 2 years he is not even trying to hide his agenda anymore. I'm sure that Bush is too much of an idiot to be the mastermind behind anything, he is little more than a puppet for Rumsfield and his old guard cronies...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1020630 - 11/04/02 10:36 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

This isn't news, the U.S. was creating enemies and influencing potential terrorists long before 9/11. In 1984 Wall Street Journal reporter Jonathan Kwitny published "Endless Enemies," which was subtitled "How America's Worldwide Interventions Destroy Democracy and Free Enterprise and Defeat Our Own Best Interests." More recently, one can also read the grievences explicitly stated by Osama Bin Laden. Sadly, too many people have bought into the rationalization/propaganda that the terrorists are jealous of our freedoms.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (11/04/02 10:49 AM)

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
    #1021687 - 11/04/02 04:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"...but us on the outside wonder what would happen if someone like Hitler rose to the top there. The potential for destruction keeps a lot of people a bit nervous. "

That is why we have democracy. People dont just rise to the top here. Yes, some have more power than others but even if hITLER (dont cap that asshole's name) was president he would not have the same form of power he had in Germany.

When Bush decides somthing he knows he has half the population behind him. That is why 2/3 of congress voted to give Bush power. 2/3 is very very powerful.

Oh and that article is stupid. The reason Rumsfield said that there would likely be more terrorist activity is so that all you Liberals out there wouldn't start to think that the war on terrorism is any where near being over. He was making a point to show that the threat of terrorism is just as strong as it was a year ago in August. He wants america to remember there are still alot of bad people out there we need to go out and kill them b4 they kill us first. Dont think that if we stoped our military activity the Al-Queda would stop there's it doesn't work like that. They wont be happy until our country is as fucked up as there's is.

GO FUCKING VOTE TOMORRO!!!!

Edited by ehud (11/04/02 04:26 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: ehud]
    #1022165 - 11/04/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

That is why we have democracy.

Sorry to correct you but the U.S. is a republic, not a democracy.

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1023470 - 11/05/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"Sorry to correct you but the U.S. is a republic, not a democracy. "

Here we go again. THE UNITED STATES' POLITICAL SYSTEM IS A FORM OF DEMOCRACY.

It's efficacy as a democratic system may be under question, but by the most basic of definitions, our system IS based on principles of democracy.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: hongomon]
    #1023477 - 11/05/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

it's more of a representative republic...but a form of mob rule..er..democracy nontheless....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: ehud]
    #1023502 - 11/05/02 07:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"He wants america to remember there are still alot of bad people out there we need to go out and kill them b4 they kill us first."

Making the world a better place, eh?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: 

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1023505 - 11/05/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yes. Or a constitutional republic. An improvement on mob rule, no doubt about that.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Rumsfeld to provoke terrorist attacks [Re: hongomon]
    #1023511 - 11/05/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

splitting hairs time: A constitutionaly limited republic.....wouldn't that be great if it was run like one?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1023529 - 11/05/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It is not splitting hairs at all. The form of government of the United States of America is in fact a constitutionally limited republic, albeit one in which the agents of the people (President, senate, house of representatives) are elected through a democratically-based voting process.

The PROCESS of selecting those agents is a democratic one. However, legislation is enacted not through referenda, but through a voting procedure restricted to those elected agents rather than the populace as a whole.

I certainly agree it would be an improvement if those elected representatives would remember the constitutionally limited part.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1023558 - 11/05/02 07:42 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Constitutionaly limited republic...that works for me.

It seems unlikely that these guys are going to remember on their own--what sort of reminders do you guys think may have potential?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract