Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekrispyfi
lumber tyrant
Loc: se usa
this article changed my worldview
    #1014443 - 11/01/02 09:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

BODY PLEASURE AND THE ORIGINS OF VIOLENCE

please read this. its long, so i recommend printing it. i found it a few years ago doing a report in theology in support of premarital sex. make comments, poke holes etc. do your thing, oh Spirituality, Philosophy and Science forum.

--------------------

If i get into some trouble TURBO BOOST will set me free.
Michael Knight you watch the bass with the K I T T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: this article changed my worldview [Re: krispyfi]
    #1015256 - 11/02/02 07:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

So, it probably isn't a good thing to put children in day care with a couple dozen other kids where they have very little attention relative to home care with their parents?

If we didn't have to pay income tax, my wife could have stayed home with our son the first couple of years of his life - but we couldn't afford it, and his behavior reflected that. So I worked harder and more hours, then after a couple of years at least one of us could be home to raise our own children. We noticed a marked improvement in our son's behavior after that.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Loc: here
Re: this article changed my worldview [Re: krispyfi]
    #1015694 - 11/02/02 11:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't touched anyone enjoyably since I was a little kid and I go into weird violent rage sometimes. There is a pronounced thought-loop there, where any emotionally pleasurable attachment to another is reacted to with (self)-hatred bordering on demonic posession (but I can't tell whether it's me or the demon talking, but neither can the demon).

I spent a whole day (the second day of a shrooms+DXM afterglow) exploring this, provoking the response again and again. It's very self-destructive also. My only desire becomes pain and suffering for myself, whether directly or through others.

Maybe if I keep triggering the response it'll go away as I get used to the stimuli. Note that I have a defective social center so becoming less schizoid is not a option.

The intellectual benefits of this far exceed the collateral damage. Love is drug addiction, only less dependable and far more dangerous. This is exclusive love of others, not Love of All (which is just as beautiful for me as it is for any other). There's so much more beauty in the world than there is in the more pretentious species of apes.

Posts like this are tough to write without sounding like I'm looking for pity. Too many stupid shared assumptions which I'm conscious of even though I do not share them.

My social taboos against love likely work the same way the social taboos against (for example) cannabalism or pedophilia (both of which I feel no prejudice against). Right down to the nausea reaction and reflexive isolation. Sure, my head tells me that I was likely damaged, but why would I want to do anything as disgusting as being touched out of love? This is a disease of the emotional circuits and not the sexual ones (which are normally functional although somewhat crippled).

This is likely related to the horrible bad trips which I reliably recieve from psilocybin alone.

--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom