Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSentient#6
Servant of the Gods
Male

Coming home from the institution
    #10132998 - 04/08/09 09:01 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Pretty soon my brother is getting released from some mental institution in Iowa.

Institution says he attacked somebody during a psychotic episode about a year ago and was sent to Iowa state prison. Once he arrived at Iowa State they realized he wasn't to mentally stable; transferred 'em to an institution, diagnosed 'em as a schizophrenic, and kept 'em isolated.

He's been in the institution for the past year, but now he's being released. He called us about a week ago to tell us the good news. Before he called a week ago we had no clue where he was. Hadn't heard from him for about 2 years prior. So this hit us by surprise.

He says he's on full disability and should be just dandy financially, but he wants to come back to where I live for a while.

Life is going to be interesting where I live again. :laugh:

I'd assume he's going to be a bit zombified due to the meds he gets...Anyone have any experience with keeping paranoid schizos stable without meds?

I'd hate for him to continue to be on Zypraxia or Lithium if he doesn't need to be, but at the same time he's been known to become ultraviolent during episodes.

Whats the best way to keep delusions from popping up without medication? 

Help appreciated.

--------------------
Last night I was honored with the Nobel Prize in theoretical physics. This worldwide recognition has given me the opportunity to bring hope to a war-ravaged world. I vowed to myself I would work like a dog at this. But now, it's 10:30 in the morning and I'm just getting out of bed. I did get up earlier around 8:00am, but I just lied in bed for a while, and then...jerked off. I've got to stop masturbating, it makes me too lazy. Stop it Albert...stop it.

~Albert Einstein.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMokotoko
Stranger
Re: Coming home from the institution [Re: Sentient#6]
    #10133035 - 04/08/09 09:10 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

If there was a foolproof way to prevent delusions from interfering then  there wouldn't be a need for the medication. If he is known to become ultra-violent I would keep him on the meds.

OfflinePolati
Learning Mycology
Male

Re: Coming home from the institution [Re: Mokotoko]
    #10133090 - 04/08/09 09:20 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

It's hard to say if such delusions can be kept stable without the meds. He was at the institution for awhile, I imagine they have his meds right where they need to be. And, he might not be too zombified. If he is, it should get better with time.

OfflineKupo
Kupop!

Re: Coming home from the institution [Re: Sentient#6]
    #10133344 - 04/08/09 10:24 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

I wish you and your brother the best.
You're definitely right when you say this is going to be interesting.

Will he attack anyone when he becomes voilent?

My cousins father in law was murdered by his own son who
was diagnosed schizophrenic. Stabbed over 50 times.

Does anyone have any inkling as to why some schizophrenics
tend to get violent?

InvisibleSentient#6
Servant of the Gods
Male

Re: Coming home from the institution [Re: Kupo]
    #10133511 - 04/08/09 10:52 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

It's a combination of things that make someone violent.

Three main ones are

1 Childhood abuse/trauma

2 Heavy drug use (Meth/PCP stuff)

3 Genetic disorders.

My bro has all three strikes. Along with crazy ass shit like living in post-Katrina New Orleans doing roofing for a while. Said he was living with strange Cajun voodists and was doing telepathy/telekinesis. He's been in multiple prisons/institutions since he was 16. He's 23/24 now.

Has always been in more or less great shape. Boxer build. Which is abnormal for delusional schizophrenics I hear.

BUT...I think I might be able to keep him level.

We'll see. :smile:

(Oh and about him being violent. Yes, he's been getting into more or less "serious" physical confrontations since he was a teen. He was suicidal for a bit; ripped a full head of hair from his own scalp/stabbed himself in the chest when he was 18/19ish. Fought 2 police officers in my house before. :crazy2:)

I think I might write a book about him someday...

Edited by Sentient#6 (04/08/09 10:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom