Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCowFarmer
Moo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
What do baby cubes look like?
    #10132140 - 04/08/09 06:31 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Hey everyone. I am new to this site and so far it is awesome. I have access to a few thousand acres of cow farm land and felt inspired to go digging through poop, for fun...

I am completely new to all of this poop digging, but I have spent some hours researching, learning and yes even reading the readme:noob guide sticky here.

From what I understand cubes do grow where I live but the weather has been fairly dry. The ground is more or less like charcoal... As I was leaving a nice amount of water came down and it got chillier so hopefully tommrow I can find something truly interesting.

What I am wondering is this, digging through many dried cakes of shit I was only able to find this:
http://www.vulomedia.com/images/50707question.jpg

So what do little "baby" cubes look like (moreover what do baby mushrooms look like)?

This is located in a field, it is a piece of dung (older and hard).

The pictures, I know, suck but it's my phone since I forgot the camera elsewhere (sorry).

There were a few "sprouts" that were white and seemed to be connected to somewhere central. The sprouts (of which I took one, and pictured) definitely had a cone shape (until I got wet and accidently smushed the one I took a picture of).

The sprout was very white at first but then became kinda brown...

I know this nothing exciting and I'm not expecting someone to tell me "Yes this is P. cube" Just want to know if I am on the right track so far looking for mushrooms or am I just looking at a plant (of which I found many growing in the mounds).

Thanks for helping out a hopeless!

~Peace

P.S. What's the technical name of what those little white things would be if they were infact some kind of mushroom? Mycellium?

P.P.S. If those were mushrooms am I killing them by kicking and flipping over their dung?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineehtdaedlufetarg
Toadstool Taxonomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Trusted Identifier
Re: What do baby cubes look like? [Re: CowFarmer]
    #10132152 - 04/08/09 06:35 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Im pretty sure thats not a baby cube. It likes like a type of random Panaeolus. But its really hard to give a good guess with those pictures. Look on cow poo in pastures a day or so after a good rain. Where are you located?

--------------------

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

#10132168 - 04/08/09 06:39 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

dont look like cube in your pic.

baby cubes look like white buttons with red/brown pimples, turning into "pins" witch look like a small uncircumcised penis. baby cubes also look like a hole mess of other baby mushrooms. you must wait until they mature for an id.
ur pic looks like a balloon mushroom,

let the pins grow, tampering with them will kill the growth, if you were to carefully bruise the myc or pin and see if it blues it would be a great indicator to return in a day or three.

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Edited by trigger (04/08/09 06:42 PM)

OfflineCowFarmer
Moo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: What do baby cubes look like? [Re: trigger]
    #10132185 - 04/08/09 06:43 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

I live in the Dominican Republic. Tropical down here.

So it at least resembles a mushroom? That's good news, I was beging to doubt we even had any kind of fungi down here.

Am I right that if these were cube after 24 hours after a rain and a cold night they would be ready to be cut? Also, so no harm in kicking over the pie?

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

#10132207 - 04/08/09 06:46 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

kicking the pie eather killed it or at least stunted its growth,

dont eat anything with out a 100% id first, but yes go collect pics of mushies, print them, and by they way a good pic is needed for a good id!

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Offlineehtdaedlufetarg
Toadstool Taxonomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Trusted Identifier
Re: What do baby cubes look like? [Re: trigger]
    #10132250 - 04/08/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 11 days ago)

yah dont kick the patties. You could pick the cubes whenever you want to but i would allow them to mature or at least get big enough to make it worth taking the mushroom.

--------------------

Offlineambc
mycominded
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trusted Identifier
Re: What do baby cubes look like? [Re: ehtdaedlufetarg]
    #10134023 - 04/09/09 12:59 AM (15 years, 11 days ago)

You might be able to find some panaeolus cyanescens down there also. Do a search of the forums here and you can find pics of both cubes and pans, happy hunting!

p. azurescens

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #10134123 - 04/09/09 01:44 AM (15 years, 11 days ago)

Small baby cubensis pins:

Mature cubensis:

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract