Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleChronic7
Vegetables & Carbs
    #10116605 - 04/06/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If you ate enough vegetables would it be okay to cut out carbs from pasta/rice/bread?

At the moment im only consuming fruit smoothies & huge vegetable stir frys with chicken or fish & i don't feel sluggish like i used to with pasta

But im worried that i should have some whole grain carbs aswell like brown rice or  pasta?

:peace:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Vegetables & Carbs [Re: Chronic7]
    #10116946 - 04/06/09 01:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Do you wanna be the healthiest you've ever been in your life? Grains contain high amounts of starch which becomes mucus in your body, eating any form of grain is in no way healthy for you

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

Re: Vegetables & Carbs [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #10116983 - 04/06/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I've cut out all grains and starches and my health is far better now. But I have many stomach problems so that may not be the case for you. What I do now for carbs is have a large amount of raw honey until I feel full (just from the honey) every few days or so. That takes care of my emptied glycogen stores just fine and I can live like a normally active healthy person with just that and no need for starches all the time.

BTW I find that any other sugar ferments in my stomach and gives me hell for days. So I stick with just bananas and honey when I need them. And yes it's hard giving up nearly everything that isn't meat, a kind of nut/seed, or a simple vegetable. But I remind myself all the time that it's only for my own good and that it's actually working so I haven't slipped yet. Unless you count the bits of puffed rice in those KIND and KIND PLUS snack bars.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

InvisibleChronic7
    #10116996 - 04/06/09 01:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

of course ill search myself, but you know of any links?

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10117013 - 04/06/09 01:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Look up the paleo diet. That's basically what you're going for.

http://paleodiet.com/

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
Re: Vegetables & Carbs [Re: PyroBurns]
    #10117049 - 04/06/09 02:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the replies guys im looking into it

right now im feeling that the best diet is one with loads of different vegetables mixed up & lil bit of fruit & a lil bit of fish

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10117053 - 04/06/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah something like that.

I thrive on a lot of fatty animal tissue (fish, lamb, beef, dark chicken), green veggies, and berries most of the time.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #10117116 - 04/06/09 02:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I only want to eat a bit of chicken or fish, not too much meat, i wouldnt eat red meat apart from maybe once a month, ive heard bad things

I eat beans aswell, the paeleo diet says no to beans due to phytic acid, n antinutrient, which other people say helps bone growth

Im sure that beans can't be that bad

Im just finding my feet with diet really, its all falling into place, im finding moderation is the key

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10117202 - 04/06/09 02:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

The way to do it is to experiment! So you're on the right path.

I'm pretty sure I've finally found a pretty good spot where I want to be concerning food after years of thinking and searching and frustration. Though I still get bloated sometimes which sucks and it still hurts when I try to eat a whole bunch (I go through so much damn food after a major hike it's insane. Tasty too!)

As for your concern about red meat read into that on the site I gave to you. Many people find the claims to be false or based on variables gone bad. Like one of the major vegetarian arguments is how bad the standard American is doing and when a person becomes vegetarian and gets 3000% healthier they tout dropping meat. Which completely ignores facts like their over-eating, over reliance on SHIT like snicker's bars, bad health habits, sedentary lifestyle, etc... But we'll see. If I get colon cancer from eating tonight's roasted lamb I'll let you know.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #10117341 - 04/06/09 02:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think meat is essential in a human diet as we need B12 & plant sources can't cut it, unless you were raised on huge amounts of barley/wheat grass maybe

I don't feel good after red meat i definately feel sluggish, but some people like yourself may not, it makes my mind very restless

Fish for me tastes the best, its light & gives me energy & muscle

If anything ill have some brown rice once in a while & no way will i give up my beans!

Not sure why you get bloated as if your eating lots of veg you should be pretty well digestion wise?

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10117367 - 04/06/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes even the veggies make me bloated. I'm going to get a check up soon one of these days. Should have had one 9 months ago but not going to the hospital willingly was just the way I was raised and it's hard to break the habit. Not because I'm afraid (Even though taking blood from me makes me faint due to low blood pressure) but because I forget every time I decide to call to set up an appointment.

As for your meat issue I'm glad to see you observed that. Do you notice if it's on fattier cuts of meat or leaner that make your stomach hurt? Leaner cuts aren't nearly as filling and people can easily overeat it and make themselves flat out sick.

--------------------

Edited by PyroBurns (04/06/09 02:59 PM)

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

#10117390 - 04/06/09 03:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
I think meat is essential in a human diet as we need B12 & plant sources can't cut it, unless you were raised on huge amounts of barley/wheat grass maybe

Meat is in no way essential, it rots in your stomach and you can obtain all the nutrients you need from fruits and vegetables.

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10117397 - 04/06/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:

Meat is in no way essential, it rots in your stomach and you can obtain all the nutrients you need from fruits and vegetables.

No. Please don't just state massive claims like that without even trying to refute anything with sources and links.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #10117428 - 04/06/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Try taking barley grass powder its good for digestion ive found & lemon water is great aswell

Since eating lots of veggies in stir frys ive got a consistent texture to my 'leavings' & so far i no longer have stomach aches or digestion problems anymore, i make sure i cook my veggies aswell though, i used to have stomach aches all the time until i switched my diet

We need B-12 in our diet, there are not many plant sources for it, you can get some from bee pollen & thats about it as far as i know

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #10117463 - 04/06/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:

i'd like to believe that but for myself, having some fish or chicken just scratches an itch that vegetables can't fix

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10117467 - 04/06/09 03:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I unfortunately can't have barely because of gluten intolerance.

Though acidophilus, spinach, and apple cider vinegar work pretty well. The problem now is that my roommates fill up the fridge too damn much so I don't get to buy much lately.

--------------------

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
    #10117479 - 04/06/09 03:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I like to drink Odwalla Superfood.

Quote:

Odwalla Superfood is a micronutrient fruit juice drink and much more. This drink is a mixture of apple juice and purees of peach, strawberry and mango. Banana is also blended in for its nutrients and flavor. Then, as if that wasn't enough, Superfood contains green foods. Wheat grass, which is super for your colon and bowel health. Barley grass and wheat sprouts add their healthy nutrients to the drink.

Superfood contains 1,000 mg of spirulina per eight ounce serving. With this you get good amounts of micro-nutrients such as beta carotene, vitamin C, iodine and manganese as well as potassium.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

InvisibleChronic7
    #10117891 - 04/06/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
I unfortunately can't have barely because of gluten intolerance.

As far as im aware barley grass is gluten free, wheat grass isn't

On the back of my tub of barely grass it says gluten free

ps grasses arent as effective when consumed in fruit juice

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10117906 - 04/06/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Barley grass is not gluten free. It's not the grain, but it still can harm the non-gluten people.

There's a lot of bullshit surrounding that and people getting sick from taking SUPER GREENs supplements because it doesn't mention that it contains grasses that make us sick.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #10117981 - 04/06/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I don't feel good after red meat i definately feel sluggish, but some people like yourself may not, it makes my mind very restless

Try eating all meat raw.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale