Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Using Glass Jars for Steriliziling Casing Mixture
    #10111770 - 04/05/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I am about to make my first attempt at fruiting some Pan Cyan (colonized on WBS) in 3 days. I will be casing my 1 lonely fully-colonized half-pint jar of WBS (for some reason, the other 3 jars never showed growth whatsoever) with a 50/50+ casing mixture. I am planning on using my small 4-quart  Pressure Cooker (holds a max of 4 half-pint jars) to sterilize the casing mixture.

Here's my question: Can I use 4 half-pint glass jars (the same kind you would use for the PF Tek) to sterilize my casing layer or are there better alternatives than glass jars?

Other questions regarding grain-to-grain transfers: I have never done a grain-to-grain transfer before, but I have been considering performing it in this case because I only have 1 colonized jar of Pan Cyans, and the syringe I used for it was pretty expensive.

So I ask: For someone who has never done a g-to-g transfer, should I attempt it and risk my 1 good jar of Pan Cyans to contamination or should I avoid it altogether?

If you do recommend it, what sort of instructions/tek should I look at to make a successful, uncontaminated transfer? Lastly, Should I use WBS like I did for the original colonized jars or should I use Wheat/Rye berries instead?

~ Lo9ical Cha0s ~

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Using Glass Jars for Steriliziling Casing Mixture [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #10111876 - 04/05/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If you only have one jar, don't do a g2g unless you have a flowhood. 

Two other points.  First is to never sterilize casing layer mixes.  Doing so will lead to a higher incidence of contamination.  You need to mix it up and pasteurize. 

Second, Pan cyans either don't fruit from cased grains, or fruit poorly at best.  You need to spawn your grains into pasteurized manure, and then when that's fully colonized, apply your pasteurized casing mix on top.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Using Glass Jars for Steriliziling Casing Mixture [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10112801 - 04/05/09 08:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That's what I expected, thanks for the verification Roger Rabbit. As for the sterilizing, I am surprized to hear that in this case, pasteurizing (which is basically boiling the casing in a bag right?) So your saying if I try to fruit off the WBS directly, I will get nothing at worst and a couple shrooms at best?

One of the reasons why I wanted to use just WBS as a substrate was because of a instructions-and-pictures document I read called "Panaeolus Species Cultivation" by Ralphster44. The pictures he shows are impressive, with dozens of mature Pan Cyans mushrooms sprouting off the WBS. Since your a cultivation expert RR, do you believe that these pictures by Ralphster44 are legitimate or is he just growing off dung-substrate?

The reason why I didn't want to use pasteurized cow dung (even though I knew it was the species natural habitat) was because I live in an area where finding good field-grade cow patties is difficult. Is there no other way to successfully fruit Pan Cyans than spawning mycelium to cow/horse dung? Is there no other substrate that gets close to the quality of shit?

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (04/05/09 08:33 PM)

OfflineNineInchNails
Stranger

Re: Using Glass Jars for Steriliziling Casing Mixture [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #10112915 - 04/05/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm just a bit confused ... what's the difference in sterilizing and pasteurizing?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures