Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYihd
Stranger

First time questions..
    #10065501 - 03/29/09 11:20 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I want to try mushrooms, but I have a few questions..

I've never done any sort of drugs in my life, I haven't even drank alcohol.. will this affect me different in anyway because of that ? And is it a good idea to go straight to shrooms ?

I've heard about the whole finding yourself, and everything like that, and the Johns Hopkins study, so how much should I take to have a great first trip, but not go overboard ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineben_dover0802
shroom addict
Male

Re: First time questions.. [Re: Yihd]
    #10065523 - 03/29/09 11:27 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

If you really want to and think your ready, 2 grams of cubes dried is a good dose to feel the effect but not to intense.

OfflineYihd
Stranger

Re: First time questions.. [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #10065544 - 03/29/09 11:32 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Oh and we really don't know how to get a hold of them around here, buying-wise, so we were going to try and find them, if anyones got some tips on that as well ?

OfflineFreedomForAll
One Step Ahead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10065611 - 03/29/09 11:44 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Your best bet would be to grow them. It's likely that you live where spores are legal (us wise). Try reading about the pk tek! The supplies are very easy to get.

Good Luck

OfflineYihd
Stranger

#10065628 - 03/29/09 11:47 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Ok, thanks to both of you

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

Loc: Out there
    #10065656 - 03/29/09 11:52 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I used to think the same !
Try pot first, then try shrooms. BUT if you don't smoke pot normally, don't smoke when tripping.

Other then that, hype yourself up for a week prior going into the trip, and when it hits you, let it take you and don't be afraid to where it is going to lead you.

--------------------
Mother,
Should I trust the government?

:peace:Peace & Love:heart:

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: First time questions.. [Re: jared11]
    #10065675 - 03/29/09 11:55 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I don't really get why people say to try pot first. They're only vaguely similar. I have a friend who doesn't like weed but likes mushrooms just fine.

--------------------

OfflineYihd
Stranger

#10065732 - 03/29/09 12:01 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, I've never found the idea of smoking anything appealing at all

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: First time questions.. [Re: LSDreamer]
    #10065741 - 03/29/09 12:02 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
I don't really get why people say to try pot first. They're only vaguely similar. I have a friend who doesn't like weed but likes mushrooms just fine.

Being intoxicated for the first time is a tremendous experience I would personally advise against anyone taking mushrooms without having been intoxicated. I feel as though this site makes Mushrooms seem as though they are all fun and games. Even when having a good trip it gets extremely intense sometimes. I have friends who have been high as a kite be totally humbled by mushrooms. Marijuana is not the same as mushrooms, but its a million miles closer than sobriety.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Offlinealmostacontam
Stranger

#10065748 - 03/29/09 12:03 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

having shrooms be your first experiance shouldnt be bad at all.
in fact i think it should play out very well.
2 grams wont be too over the top.

just know when you do it everything will feel........weird.
i cant explain it.
no one can. its just gunna be....weird.
for lack of a better word.

i'm not saying it'll be a bad weird. i'm just saying when you are coming up everything you look at will be like "wtf"

and just be ready for that, since thats where most people start getting second thoughts. after you take them. just lay back, and go wherever your mind takes you.

^i agree with the growing.

for only about 40 bucks you could get around an ounce. which should last you and a friend or two a few trips.

plus you dont have to sit there while coming up wondering if that weird feeling everything has is because its poisonous. plus i've had much better trips with shrooms i've grown myself.

read up on that pf tek.
and go for it.
while your waiting for them to grow look at some of the trip reports, and do any searches on anything that comes to your mind. i'm sure you'll find an answer. if not, you can just ask another question on here.
and by the time they're done growing you'll know more than enough to be able to go through it with flying colors.

you'll never look at the world the same way.. i'm great full everyday that i've tried mushrooms. and am a much better person now, than i could have imagned before without them.

welcome.:psychsplit:

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
    #10065762 - 03/29/09 12:04 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

from my experiences,i think you should start out with 1gram, if you need more go to eat another.  i always thought 2.5, 3 grams was a low dose so thats what i always took, and the first few hours of the trip would always be terribly intense (and ive been experienced with alot of psychedelics) but only very recently did i figure out that 1 gram was absolutely perfect, and if i wanted more, well so on and so forth.  but some people have to take 4 grams to get goin, just sayin better safe than sorry.    also i do recomend you try some herb first, you could eat it if you dont want to smoke it.

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

#10065775 - 03/29/09 12:05 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Well, the first time I smoked, I was in space.
But, now, I just get super sedated and relaxed.
Personally, I would say to try it first, but it doesn't matter really.

But when you do both together = complete destruction of any connection to the world around me. I was a block from my house, I felt a million miles from it, not a block. I was also 2 blocks from my job, felt a million miles away from that too. ahaha The best thing is, I started my first trip in the parking lot of my job.

--------------------
Mother,

OfflineYihd
Stranger

#10065806 - 03/29/09 12:08 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Thanks for all the information!
I will look up that pf tek,
but if I do end up hunting for them,
I'll be sure to post some pictures up here to help identify them

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: First time questions.. [Re: almostacontam]
    #10065842 - 03/29/09 12:12 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

PF TEK link in my sig will take you to the best source of info for PF TEK.

Much cheaper to grow in the long run:
1/8ounce is roughly $20-$40 depending on location and enough for two people to trip for the first time

supplies for growing:
syringe- 10
dozen .5pint widemouth jars-10
verm, BRF, perlite-12~15
storage tub for shotgun FC-7
total=~$40

One syringe will make 10-12 cakes.
Each cake will produce roughly 5-10 grams each flush (28g in 1ounce)
You can (if done correctly) make your first syringe the last one you ever purchase. Search for techniques on: Printing, Biopsy, Isolating.

Plus, you don't have to worry about being ripped off by shady dealers or getting arrested trying to buy. Spores are legal to purchase, as long as you don't run around telling people your business no one will ever know that you are producing fungus.

Happy tripping and good vibes.

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

#10065858 - 03/29/09 12:15 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

My first trip, all I ate the whole day was a bowl of cream of wheat. Then 12 hours later tripped out, they hit me fast.

Yea man, word of advice. Trips can turn bad real fast! I was having all fun and games and laughing until my labtop mouse pad stopped working. I felt my life was doomed. My trip went from great to horrible, for a couple of minutes. Luckily, I was able to reboot the comp and it worked fine and everything went back to hunky dunky.

Biggest advice:
week before, only think positive.
Washing them down with cola was great
Your whole body starts to tingle, get excited
and DO them in a safe place

AND:
Make sure you have plenty of great music on hand! I had 100's of cd's and my labtop full of good stuff and we downloaded stuff to listen too also (though computers are so alien on shrooms, I could barely use it while when stoned or sober, I am a wiz with pc's), And never underestimate their power.

--------------------
Mother,

Edited by jared11 (03/29/09 12:19 PM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#10066560 - 03/29/09 01:35 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I would recomend growing or buying, Unless you live in the PNW or have access to a cow patty field, Finding the right kind is going to be pretty hard, and unless you know for a fact they arent poisonous, you will prob have some kind of paranoia about it when they kick in.

I dont think you need to try pot or drinking first. The only thing that it might help with is, feeling a state of conciousness that is altered. But neither drinking or pot will even come close to how "wierd" shrooms are. So, that is up to you.

1.5g-2g is good to start, 1g might be a good introduction.... but the extra .5g wont hurt. Some people might recomend 3.5g I dunno.... I am kinda a lightweight, 2-2.5g gets me totally altered.

If you are going to do them in a house, music, water and a comfort item is a good idea.( I like a blanket. :grin: )

If you are going to do them outside.... water is a good idea, and an ipod can come in handy.... even though nature by itself is pretty amazing.... who needs a sound track? :cool:

Either way, if things get hairy... I promise you cant die from overdose or trip forever..... Buy the ticket, take the ride. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: First time questions.. [Re: Shad0w]
    #10067057 - 03/29/09 02:34 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I am glad someone else said something about having a blanket. I felt like a little kid again with my first grow-covered in a soft blanket watching the world change before my eyes. It does give you a relaxed and secure feeling being under a blanket.

As for the best place/time to trip: I prefer a nice park or wooded area on a cool day. Day trips are best done outdoors, Night trips (IMO) are best done indoors with cool lights, music, posters, etc... Having your dog (or other companion) with you is like having a safety line to reality. As long as they are calm you know everything is alright.

OfflineedDRO
legalize it
Male User Gallery

Loc: TN
Re: First time questions.. [Re: fltdriver82]
    #10067140 - 03/29/09 02:43 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

it would be more practical to grow your own. seeing as prices can rang from 20 an eighth to al the up to 40 an eighth. but if you end up buying em get an eighth and eat half..good luck

--------------------
NIGGA IM THE SHIT GET THE FUCK UP OUT MY TOILET!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order