Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Loc: florida
spawn on rice
    #1006497 - 10/30/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Being the ultimate noob, I decided that since i have no chance of harvesting a shroom by halloween, because of contams, I would try to spawn a couple hits of mycilli. I opened my jar that has mycilli and a grey contam in different pleaces in the jar. I noticed the contam was further down, and the mycilli had colonized the top right under the lid. I used a coffe grinder to grind up some regular white rice into a flour, and cut into the cake at the uncontaminated part and removed a chunk of colonized substrate. I crumbled and mixed this with the now moistened rice flour. I spread the resulting mixture paper thin on a plate and covered in saran wrap. I upped the temperature to 85 degrees and put the plate in there in the dark. I intend on eating whatever is there as long as i dont see any visable contams. I am hoping that some fluffy mycilli will show up on there in time for haloween tomorrow. I know it's a noob stunt, but do you think it might work anyway? :grin:
Thanks.   

--------------------
"Someone please help me stop laughing!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: spawn on rice [Re: shroomerman]
    #1006558 - 10/30/02 01:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

no, I dont, and even if it does, you cant get fucked up on Myc. that hasn't fruited yet.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #1006561 - 10/30/02 01:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Dude..... Dont do that. Find someone to give you some mushrooms, dont eat mycelium from contaminated cakes. Bad idea. Not that it will really hurt you, but the point is that it is good practice. There will not even be enough active content, it's worthless your putting yourself in danger for no reason, you wont even get high. Go buy some shrooms somewhere. And the rice will most likely be contamed, because you have to innoculate subsrates like rice in perfectly sterile condition. Hence the verm layer, and all that. You cant spawn rice, it doesnt work.

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1006721 - 10/30/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The only trip you'll have is to the bathroom to puke.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Invisiblefailbot999
Re: spawn on rice *DELETED* [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1007082 - 10/30/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by ski_stoned

Reason for deletion: delete

OfflineDieHard
tripper

Re: spawn on rice [Re: failbot999]
    #1007171 - 10/30/02 04:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i let my friend eat two unfruited cakes and he dident feel anything.

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: spawn on rice [Re: DieHard]
    #1007875 - 10/30/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i ate like 2 marble sized mycillium puffs that grew in a jar i had birthed already and i felt it. Please don't say you can't trip on mycillium. Probably a shitty idea to use some contaminated shit though i admit. I really had my hopes up on tripping this halloween. Damn.  :mad:thanks anyways everyone.  :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1007925 - 10/30/02 09:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sorry my friend, but I highly doubt you felt anything more than a placebo effect trip from eating two marble sized chunks of mycellium. The active ingredients just aren't suffecient enough in such a little amount to realize any psychoactive effects. The equivilant weight in mushrooms would have barely been enough for you to trip.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #1008504 - 10/30/02 11:38 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Your right, you can get high on the mycelium. There is really no point though, because it will take a lot more to get you high, and you cant eat verm, so you have to not use it. And if you wait a week, you can get 5 times more, so its good to wait. To bad you cant get high for halloween :frown: Hopefully it works out better next time:)  When you expect the shrooms to be there, they never come, and when you dont have time, they're always plentiful. Thats how growing mushrooms works. Try and not think about a set date, because they can be a little unpredictable. Good luck in the future, and dont eat anymore cakes. Bad for your health you know:)

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: spawn on rice [Re: Glacius]
    #1008887 - 10/31/02 01:44 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Placebo effect. Dude I know what it's like to be tripping and what it's like to not be. With all due respect, I'm a veteran tripper just a newbie shroom GROWER.  You can not say that phase shifting and trippy awareness can be a placebo.There is no tripping on a placebo effect. I could recognise the thing within minutes. I have an extremely high awareness, and I could recognize that I had ingested a psychoactive substance immediately. Now how can what I am saying and what you are saying coexist? I'll tell you it was my sub-zero tolerance responsible. I had not tripped on anything for over a year prior. And  I defend my reported effects as fact. Thats why I'm trying wild measures to generate edible mycillium in the first place.

Now as for that.. I am reaping some sucess. I have 2 plates. One is the white rice flour, one is simply chunks of cake misted on a plate with saran wrap. I am getting fuzzy growth in 8 hours at 85 degrees on the chunks of cake. But I am getting minimal action on the rice flour.

It was my theory that if i manually seperated the colonized portion of the cake from parts of cake with any visual contams, that I could encourage fast fluffy mycillium growth on these pieces, and that the contam spores which are undoubtedly present in my colonized pieces, would not be able to express themselves in just one day.Therefore a bunch of fluffy pieces of mycillium in time for halloween about 10-100 times my former mycillium dose last week. This is IN FACT playing out according to my hypothesis as there IS fluffy new growth and no visable contam germination in the pieces. I imagine that within 2-3 days the contams would re-appear, however they are going to be riding in a turd in my local sewer system by then.

The only dilemma is that there is more vermiculite present in my pieces than I am willing to ingest. I may try to soak out the actives into a juice for a few hours, then strain in a coffee filter. I imagine the possible health risk to be the same as accidentally eating mouldy bread on a sandwich.

Finally remember this apparent desperation is not desperation but obstinance, as I had planned on tripping this halloween, and I was not going to go without , without a fight.

Friday I am getting new BRF and verm, pressure pre-sterilizing all my empty jars and lids, then re-sterilizing the jars after I add the substrate. I am changing to distilled water rather than tap, taking a shower immediately before working with spores, and emptying a can of lysol in the house first. If I don't get normal germination counts, then I'm gonna order new spores.

I think I did not take sterility as important an issue as it actually is, and so I'm learning that lesson well with the first failure, not to repeat again.

Thanks for the comments and advice, check back here for a report of my sucess or failure with my little trip for halloween attempt. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#1008991 - 10/31/02 02:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have to give this one to shroomerman. I'm sure I've read something about this.

>>>added:
http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/shrooms/lazy.html
The Definitive Lazy Man's Shroom Growing Technique

http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Plants/shrooms/mycelial.html
THE FOOLPROOF PSILOCYBE CUBENSIS MYCELIAL CULTURE TECHNIQUE

Edited by On_the_Down-Low (10/31/02 02:36 AM)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: spawn on rice [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1009002 - 10/31/02 02:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What do you give to him, the fact that you can trip off of mycelium? Yeah you can, but not on the amount that he described as a few pieces (sorry if its not exact). You would need a few cakes, not a few pieces.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: spawn on rice [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1009018 - 10/31/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you're a gentleman and a scholar! I'm gonna do these!!! :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1009813 - 10/31/02 10:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Whatever you say man. Good luck with your future endevors though.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: spawn on rice [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1009858 - 10/31/02 10:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

When I said " I'm gonna do these" I was talking about those 2 links, not the shit i have on the plates btw....

However my pieces are all fuzzy this morning, with Nooooooooooo visable contams....I'll post what I decide to do. And thanks ...  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1009861 - 10/31/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I was speaking of your future growing endevors. Sorry boot that.

--------------------

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

#1010416 - 10/31/02 02:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ok i just ate the pieces. About as much as a one inch slice of cake would be.  :grin: I'm feeling the early indicators.. In an hour or two I'll come back aqnd tell you how strong the trip got. :cool: 

--------------------

Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

#1010474 - 10/31/02 02:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hope you catch a buzz, tenacious dude!

Maybe you'll produce some bluish turds in the a.m. What I would do is squat over a verm-lined baking pan, then case those mycelic lincoln logs while they're still steaming. Cover it in foil, place it over the fridge, come back in a week & you might just have a hole pile of fluffy white mycellium. You could scarf those down, with a couple of handfuls of verm for nostalgia sake, get off, & then squeeze another casing out your coolie.

A self-perpetuating mycelia factory!

Am I smart or what?

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: spawn on rice [Re: vildechayea]
    #1010507 - 10/31/02 02:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, don't tell him that, he may do it.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Re: spawn on rice [Re: Skikid16]
    #1010733 - 10/31/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Dude look to your left and check out that bag of herb that I grew. You think I'm gonna try to case my turds? I do have a problem though. There is a trojan horse in my brain because of the nudity here, I am sensing an essence of the being, and the vermiculite are happy campers and wanderers into the void. :shocked: I made a wise decision and you are paying for it. I hope to see you all in my journeys. Base your decision on the essence of man. This is just the way I feel. Don't do it if you don't mean it, and forget over pacifying the travellers. When will the correct rythym resume? :grin: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag