Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebillycorgan55
Stranger

Where can i buy 1/2 pint canning jars?
    #10060356 - 03/28/09 02:50 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I tried kmart, lowes, home depot, and local harware stores but none of them had canning jars...The only place that had them was ACE hardware but they closed it down...does anyone know of any stores that sell canning jars? *preferabley tapered"

--------------------
OM MADNE PADME OBIWAN LUKE HUM....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejdolphinbabe
One Who Seeks 2 Know
Female

Loc: Washington
Re: Where can i buy 1/2 pint canning jars? [Re: billycorgan55]
    #10060371 - 03/28/09 02:53 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

try craislist... thrift stores and if u have a Big R or  Joes outdoor and why do you want tappered? wide mouth is best if doing cakes

OfflinebrainsOplenty
myconut
Male

Loc: on your sister
Re: Where can i buy 1/2 pint canning jars? [Re: jdolphinbabe]
    #10060380 - 03/28/09 02:56 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

most grocery stores will have canning supplies. also try local farm and home stores

--------------------
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!!!

LIVIN THE LIFE!!!

"WE KNOCK NIGGAS OUT AND MAKE EM BOUNCE LIKE RICKY HATTON"- IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE

OfflineAngryPhil
Herenow

Re: Where can i buy 1/2 pint canning jars? [Re: jdolphinbabe]
    #10060391 - 03/28/09 02:58 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

it's relevant to your location and the time of year. sometimes i can find them and walmart, public's, etc and sometimes, like right now, they are nowhere to be found even at stores that i have gotten them previously. i just started using filter patch bags instead. i got 10 from myco supply for $20 after shipping and they're bigger than most of the other bags i see here. If you're doing grain then they're easier than jars anyway especially for large grows.

--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

OfflineMagishrum
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Where can i buy 1/2 pint canning jars? [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #10060392 - 03/28/09 02:59 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

brainsOplenty said:
most grocery stores will have canning supplies. also try local farm and home stores

This^^

If there are any small grocery stores in your area, give them a call. I had major trouble finding jars myself. I searched everywhere with no luck at all. Then I found the jars basically by accident at a little grocery store that was only a couple miles from my house.

OfflineCarbonKing
Stranger Danger!

Re: Where can i buy 1/2 pint canning jars? [Re: Magishrum]
    #10060472 - 03/28/09 03:18 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

A hardware store will not usually carry canning goods since its for food.  There is one exception and that's Ace's.  Bi-mart, albertson, etc have cans.

--------------------
Live a Little...

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: Where can i buy 1/2 pint canning jars? [Re: CarbonKing]
    #10060558 - 03/28/09 03:33 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

He's looking for his jars for cakes guys. He needs the right kind. Frankly IMO it can be hard to find the good tapered widemouthed jars. If you can't it would be worth it to look at bulk spawning or use smaller jars for your cakes and double stack them. For example I bought 250ml jars for my PMP setup when I was a beginner and they were not tapered and I couldn't find any that were properly tapered in that size. I could have bought the 125ml ones and double stacked them, but if you do the research and you get a pressure cooker you can just mix 50% rye spawn with 50% verm or coir and fruit that in a tray uncased. It's not more complicated than cakes and can be done in a cake setup with almost no risk of contaminants over doing cakes and all it takes is a pressure cooker and one extra step.

That said I hate using too many jars with this hobby bags are a good way to get into bulk spawning. I plan to get some soon as I will be getting myself into commercial growing soon and cannot bare the thought of storing over one hundred colonizing jars. KISS.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates