Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
need smart people who know things about stuff TRUFFLES and PANS
    #10057836 - 03/28/09 12:47 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I've been thinking of expanding my gowing experience outside of cubes.
I was wondering, if you can grow panaeolus cyanescens the same as cubes in this order:  BRFjars-> pasteurized poo -> mushrooms. I dont have much luck with rye or birdseed (no pressure cooker) so i stick with BRF.

Im also curious about psilocybe mexicana A and or psilocybe tampanensis.  Also known as magic truffles.  anyone have any experience growing these?
I realize eventually i could find some answers looking threw the forums, which i tried, but there's endless amounts of useless information to look threw, and my patience is being tested.
So i figured i'd just ask my friends over in cultivation for their wisdom, which is always greatly appreciated,          peace.

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: need smart people who know things about stuff TRUFFLES and PANS [Re: ellomello]
    #10058465 - 03/28/09 04:52 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Im sure you can grow out other species of mushrooms in pf cakes and use them as spawn. Is pans not a wood loving species however??? which would mean it would need to be spawned to a substrate containing specific woods??

With mexicana i think they really require rye grass seed.

A little tip when using the search feature. If you check the trusted cultivator box that will filter alot of useless information, and if all else failes, search by username and put in rogerrabbit.

I know RR has posted numerous replies on sclorotia producing mexicana. No doubt he has also posted on pans too

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: need smart people who know things about stuff TRUFFLES and PANS [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10058506 - 03/28/09 05:11 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

panaeolus cyanescens are dung fruiting, so are subbalteatus.

maybe a majority of pan species are, but i dont know

the cyans ive been told do best on grass seed as well

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
Re: need smart people who know things about stuff TRUFFLES and PANS [Re: just me]
    #10058612 - 03/28/09 06:16 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

thanks folks.  i finally found the search page. ive decided on panaeolus cyanescens of some kind.  still alot of reading to be done though

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

Invisiblefreespeech
disciple
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: need smart people who know things about stuff TRUFFLES and PANS [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10058832 - 03/28/09 08:09 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
A little tip when using the search feature. If you check the trusted cultivator box that will filter alot of useless information, and if all else failes, search by username and put in rogerrabbit.

:thumbup::yesnod::thumbup:

Quote:

ellomello said:
thanks folks.  i finally found the search page. ive decided on panaeolus cyanescens of some kind.  still alot of reading to be done though

Good man. Best of luck to you!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck