Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity?
    #10050917 - 03/27/09 02:02 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Assuming that I don't have the natural subconscious instinct to focus on the negative (as a means to protect myself from it), I think my idea that negativity seems to spread much quicker than positivity is truthful, as I definitely don't see myself as a pessimist.

People seem to enjoy indulging in spreading negativity.  It seems as a way to cope with our own negativity.  There are the perspectives from both a compassion for our likeness of experiencing and perceiving and our similarities,  and the hurt and tortured and continually dissappointed and failing deeper into the hole but constantly and more desperately trying to climb out of the pit we have created for our self, self; the completely compassionate perspective would regard harming another person with any form or transfer of negativity as an act never performed by the compassionate and also less pervasive self. 

(It seems that the harming of another person intentionally would not be caused by a completely compassionate person, as their unrelenting patience and undeniable and unconditional forgiveness would limit such situations and such behavior.)

The self seems to be unable to accept its problems, and therefore tries to dig itself out of its 'unfortunate' reality with subconsciously intentional delusions.  As reality perceived by one is not the experience perceived by all, the self creates a worse situation for itself, and tries more desperately to climb out of the pit of despair it has created for it.

Our ego seems to be comprimised entirely of our subconscious' opinion of ourself in relation to the society aka other selfs.  The self perspective indulges in the ego boost it gets from making another feel down, therefore making the self feel higher up by comparison.

Compassion is the answer to all.  Compassion is patience for others and ourself, and our each and everyone's past, present, and potential mistakes.  Patience is acceptance of what is currently perceived, and taking it for what it is instead of judging it as good or bad.  Acceptance is the answer to the self's problems.  The self's resistance to accepting what it truly and honestly perceives, and instead subconsciously choosing to believe in a more desirable scenario is where the lies begin, lies that seem to build on top of each other, multiplying.

Negativity spreads while contaminating its hosts and infecting those nearby.  A strong resiliance and optimistic attitude, integrity aka the subconscious intent to do what you believe is right for you to do, and the awareness of our conditions as humans, suffering from these problems are good shielders of negativity.  Awareness=compassion

Those who live in negativity, or the misery caused by "the tangled web we weave", already have difficulty in accepting their originally 'unfortunate' reality.  Our subconscious does not understand the self's desires.  It hears them but does not listen.  Be careful what you wish for because what the subconsious hears, it will manifest somehow.  It seems the key to knowledge is having the integrity (or the subconscious, determined intent on doing what you believe is right for you to do[integrity seems to give people a purpose, it places them on a path, a path that they create for themselves]) to follow the goal of the subsconscious, which is the expansion of experience and knowledge.  The self's goal is fulfilling desires; the subconscious' goal is experience, knowledge, and most importantly, growth.

We need to increase awareness of our behavior, traits, and habits, to increase our own awareness of what it means to be human, different from our own unescapable human perspective.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: NastyDHL]
    #10050962 - 03/27/09 02:19 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Negativity probably spreads faster because things will usually fall harder than they rise.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: NastyDHL]
    #10050967 - 03/27/09 02:21 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I think it stems from it generally being more advantageous for protecting each individual in the group if the negatives are communicated faster than the positives. Although, now that we don't have many natural predators except for maybe diseases, I see less benefit to sharing the negatives faster. But, habits can be difficult to break..

--------------------

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: Mufungo]
    #10050983 - 03/27/09 02:27 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Right.  Funny how the first line of my post was saying how I may have the natural subconscious instinct to focus on the negative, as a means to protect myself from it.  Seems like we were initially programmed to look out for and indentify the negative, establishing it as a thing we want to avoid, and therefore wish did not exist.  The mere existence of the negativite causes more.

Both posts, by Poid and Mufungo, make sense to me.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10051007 - 03/27/09 02:34 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

It makes sense to concentrate on things that need to be changed, but it may be wiser to appreciate that which is already alright.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: Mufungo]
    #10051732 - 03/27/09 08:10 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Mufungo said:
I think it stems from it generally being more advantageous for protecting each individual in the group if the negatives are communicated faster than the positives. Although, now that we don't have many natural predators except for maybe diseases, I see less benefit to sharing the negatives faster. But, habits can be difficult to break..

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblespyder
Stranger

Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: Icelander]
    #10051818 - 03/27/09 08:28 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I heard that polar bears are the only species that will hunt man for food.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10051828 - 03/27/09 08:30 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

i dont think it does... i just dont think you can take negativity for granted. so it sticks out more.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: spyder]
    #10051840 - 03/27/09 08:34 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

That doesn't seem like a terribly implausible conjecture, but I have seen on film that polar bears can be very friendly towards humans.

How does this relate to the OP, though?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblespyder
Stranger

Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: Poid]
    #10051887 - 03/27/09 08:41 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
That doesn't seem like a terribly implausible conjecture, but I have seen on film that polar bears can be very friendly towards humans.

How does this relate to the OP, though?

Mufungo mentioned humans not having many predators.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: spyder]
    #10051910 - 03/27/09 08:45 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

spyder said:
I heard that polar bears are the only species that will hunt man for food.

Mostly, occasionally tigers and lions, other bears, but polar bears for sure.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10051917 - 03/27/09 08:45 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Well it's true, we are not generally preyed on by other animals. Just because an animal will eat us as a last resort doesn't make that animal our predator.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblespyder
Stranger

Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: Icelander]
    #10051948 - 03/27/09 08:51 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Like in "the ghost in the darkness" the lions dragged away the workers. It is pretty pathetic how defenseless we are compared to lion, tigers and bears.

Invisiblespyder
Stranger

Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: Poid]
    #10051965 - 03/27/09 08:53 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Well it's true, we are not generally preyed on by other animals. Just because an animal will eat us as a last resort doesn't make that animal our predator.

I know. We are talking about the ones who are our predators. Since our habitats don't overlap too much it isn't that common.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10051969 - 03/27/09 08:54 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

all you need is poo on a stick.

Invisiblespyder
Stranger

Re: Why does negativity seem to spread so much quicker than positivity? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #10051977 - 03/27/09 08:56 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

poopsicles? what for?

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #10051984 - 03/27/09 08:58 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

its the ultimate defense device.

nobody wants poo on them. not even polar bears.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10052005 - 03/27/09 09:01 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

spyder said:
Quote:

Poid said:

I know. We are talking about the ones who are our predators. Since our habitats don't overlap too much it isn't that common.

Well, there isn't a single one.

Quote:

spyder said:
Like in "the ghost in the darkness" the lions dragged away the workers. It is pretty pathetic how defenseless we are compared to lion, tigers and bears.

We have our minds.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblespyder
Stranger

#10052048 - 03/27/09 09:13 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I don't know how you are defining predator. Polar bears and lions are known to see humans as a food source and actively hunt them. Read about the story behind the movie "The ghost in the darkness".

In Africa, the lions would enter peoples tents at night and drag them into the jungle and eat them. Your brain doesn't help you in that situation.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10052060 - 03/27/09 09:15 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Lions can be tamed by the human mind, and neither polar bears nor lions would pay any heed to humans unless they saw them as a threat.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom