Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Human Usefulness test
    #10050791 - 03/27/09 01:17 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

It is the year 2030. The world's population has doubled since 2009. Climate change has caused worldwide drought, and food supplies are really low. The world's top scientists design a test to evaluate and rank every single human being on the face of the planet. We are all tested on our potential intelligence, adaptability, potential physical strength and potential fitness/overall health, good genes, creativity, and disposition (good spirited ranking higher than mean spirited) and any other facet of the human being you could deem important. The test has handicaps for those less fortunate (such as people in third world countries) as to not be biased. The humans more useful for optimizing the human race as a whole rank higher, and the more useless rank lower. The ill rank amongst the lowest.

We start by killing off the lowest ranking person, second lowest ranking and so forth. The ones with no transmittable diseases (which would be tested for) are turned into processed meat to feed the starving population.

What attributes would you test for?
In what order would you rank these attributes in terms of importance and why?
Would you agree with this or be opposed to this? (even if it meant survival)
What else could we do? (crops don't grow, animals are much too scarce to feed us all because of low vegetation)

Remember, we have no choice or else we would all starve to death. Go.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Human Usefulness test [Re: AlCapwn]
    #10050799 - 03/27/09 01:19 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I would just separate myself from modern society, there's no way I'd want to be a part of that.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineAlCapwn

#10050806 - 03/27/09 01:22 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Survival isn't pretty, you have just been ranked as wimpy.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10050877 - 03/27/09 01:43 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Attempting to survive in the wild isn't wimpy...:confused:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
    #10050882 - 03/27/09 01:45 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I would have thought he was being tougher for not being dependent on the regime you have proposed.

I too would be part of the resistance. This scenario would be just another example of humans with good intentions thinking they can do better than natural selection. A vain attempt for one lot of people to cover their own arses by exerting control over another lot of people who they see as not as virtuous.

It would be a safe bet that quite a lot of people would resist that scenario being put in place and as such there would probably be a civil war... and if there's anyone left from that, then they'll probably form groups regardless of rank and file because by that time, the most virtuous thing on people's mind will be survival.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Human Usefulness test [Re: Mufungo]
    #10050901 - 03/27/09 01:52 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

A better thing for humanity would be for the higher ranked people to do all that they can to help and support the lower ranked ones.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineAlCapwn

#10050938 - 03/27/09 02:09 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

You can't survive without food. Did you guys even read my posts? It's hypothetical anyways, quit being no fun.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10050948 - 03/27/09 02:13 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

There's plenty of food in the wild. :smirk:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#10050965 - 03/27/09 02:20 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

You might as well just declare FFA.
Quake 3 scenario type of thing..
Thats what it would come to anyway..

It could never happen.. and never will happen..for any reason.
If anybody decides to cut down on the population it will be the planet itself.
But for the sake of argument.. No. I wouldnt agree to  this..

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
    #10050974 - 03/27/09 02:24 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

AlCapwn said:
You can't survive without food. Did you guys even read my posts? It's hypothetical anyways, quit being no fun.

Well if there's no food at all, how are any people in your hypothetical scenario going to survive?

--------------------

OfflineAlCapwn

Re: Human Usefulness test [Re: Mufungo]
    #10051006 - 03/27/09 02:33 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Basically, I tried to build this scenario to exclude answers like that, I guess I wasn't specific enough. Just pretend we have no choice, will you? Like, hypothetically the only food we can eat is the humans we kill and we HAVE to, so we might as well kill the worst humans.
Quote:

We start by killing off the lowest ranking person, second lowest ranking and so forth. The ones with no transmittable diseases (which would be tested for) are turned into processed meat to feed the starving population.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Edited by AlCapwn (03/27/09 02:37 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10051013 - 03/27/09 02:35 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

So processed human meat would be the only source of sustenance? What about farming and ranching?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineAlCapwn

Re: Human Usefulness test [Re: Poid]
    #10051022 - 03/27/09 02:38 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Drought. You can't farm or grow anything, therefore you can't feed animals. Think Mad Max.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10051032 - 03/27/09 02:43 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I don't know what Mad Max is, although I've heard of it...

If there was such a severe drought, then how is human meat going to sustain human life?

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #10051083 - 03/27/09 02:56 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

He specifically stated that the point of the thread wasn't to keep subjecting the stipulations of the hypothetical situation to a plausibility test, but to simply answer his questions regarding which traits would be valued and so on. Why don't you shut up with the nonsense? :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Human Usefulness test [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10051096 - 03/27/09 03:01 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I ignored that, and instead added that I wouldn't have anything to do with such a system.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #10051728 - 03/27/09 08:09 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

AlCapwn said:
It is the year 2030. The world's population has doubled since 2009. Climate change has caused worldwide drought, and food supplies are really low. The world's top scientists design a test to evaluate and rank every single human being on the face of the planet. We are all tested on our potential intelligence, adaptability, potential physical strength and potential fitness/overall health, good genes, creativity, and disposition (good spirited ranking higher than mean spirited) and any other facet of the human being you could deem important. The test has handicaps for those less fortunate (such as people in third world countries) as to not be biased. The humans more useful for optimizing the human race as a whole rank higher, and the more useless rank lower. The ill rank amongst the lowest.

What attributes would you test for?
In what order would you rank these attributes in terms of importance and why?
Would you agree with this or be opposed to this? (even if it meant survival)
What else could we do? (crops don't grow, animals are much too scarce to feed us all because of low vegetation)

Remember, we have no choice or else we would all starve to death. Go.

I volunteer to die.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Human Usefulness test [Re: Icelander]
    #10051747 - 03/27/09 08:13 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

What? What about death anxiety...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #10051754 - 03/27/09 08:14 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Still there but would be overridden by that lack of a quality living experience.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblespyder
Stranger

#10051787 - 03/27/09 08:20 AM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Nobody wants to play along.

I would probably catagorize the jobs we need done and determine the attributes for that job. Things like: Strength, IQ, Stamina, genetic flaws, family medical history. We would need some pairs that was good for breedin'. We could breed humans for food that are genetically tested for tastiness and nutrition. Hopefully the offspring will not be total losers, then we would be fucked.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds