Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngryPhil
Herenow

Turning my bathroom into a steril environment
    #10039743 - 03/25/09 03:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have a small bathroom with a walk in shower and i decided recently to use it to store colonizing substrate and casings and for any G2G or other procedures that result in a higher chance of contamination. Yesterday i cleaned the whole thing out, rubbed everything down with rubbing alcohol, and sprayed the crap out of it with lysol. I've been keeping the door closed and spraying the inside with lysol every time i go in and out and i closed the air vent to keep contams from coming in that way. i hung a trash bag over a gap above the shower door so that it will be relatively air tight and whenever i do a G2G or make a casing or whatever i'm going to bring all my supplies into the shower, get down to my underwear and rub myself with hand sanitizer, put on sterilized gloves and a face mask, and spray the air periodically with lysol.

I wan't my chance of contamination to be as close to 0% as possible, so does anyone have any advice on other ways i can do this? would replacing the bulb in my shower and/or one of the bulbs in my bathroom with a UV bulb help?

--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Turning my bathroom into a steril environment [Re: AngryPhil]
    #10039782 - 03/25/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I would use a closet instead. Have you ever seen a bathroom being demolished? Green and black mold everywhere.
Pretty good example here:

Edit: Ps shroomzey, thanks for the honorable mention in the glove box tek. :thumbup:

Edited by Shroominit (03/25/09 03:50 PM)

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Turning my bathroom into a steril environment [Re: AngryPhil]
    #10039785 - 03/25/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

How about you build one of these and you won't have to go through all that hassle.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

OfflinebrainsOplenty
myconut
Male

Loc: on your sister
Re: Turning my bathroom into a steril environment [Re: shroomzey]
    #10039930 - 03/25/09 04:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shroomzey said:
How about you build one of these and you won't have to go through all that hassle.

MAYBE HE LIKES STRIPPING DOWN TO HIS UNDERWEAR, AND RUBBING HAND SANITIZER ALL OVER HIMSELF!!:eek:

--------------------
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!!!

LIVIN THE LIFE!!!

"WE KNOCK NIGGAS OUT AND MAKE EM BOUNCE LIKE RICKY HATTON"- IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale