Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLordPeter
Pale Mycellium
    #1003353 - 10/29/02 01:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hello,

I made up a jar 2 days ago using 1/4 cup of Rye Flour and 1/2 cup of Vermiculite. I innoculated it with the "Golden Teacher" strain from mushmush (4cc's) and put into an incubation area at 27c.

Ive just checked on the jar, and have noticed it's colonized about 50% with Mycellium, but its a VERY PALE colour. Almost hard to notice without looking up close, its not a a strong white network like ive observed on previous occasions.

Im almost certain its not contamination, as it is not too off white, and the smell when the lid is taken off is a very fresh "mushroomy" smell, nothing suspect.

Is the very pale colour of the mycellium a reflextion of it not being very healthy or strong? I was extremely careful in preparing the cake mixture and sterylising but I did have the syringe for about 8 months before using.

Any advice would be great.

Edited by LordPeter (10/29/02 01:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: Pale Mycellium [Re: LordPeter]
    #1003360 - 10/29/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well, my first piece of advice would have been not to take the lid off... oh well. Let it run, you'll know soon enough if it's a contam or not.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineLordPeter
Re: Pale Mycellium [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1003403 - 10/29/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Im sure it will be ok, there was a deep vermiculite barrier at the top of the jar.

As I said, im pretty sure its not a contam, thats not my problem - my post was about the signifigance of a pale faint coloured Mycellium as opposed to a strongly coloured rich mycellium network.

OfflineShtoops
Wonka'sMycologist

Loc: Willy's Oompa Lab
    #1003700 - 10/29/02 04:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I have noticed the same in my jars. I am working w/ b+ and mazatapec's, the b+ is a bright white color all 12 of them, but 50% of the maz's have the off white almost grayish color to them. I birthed 2 of the off colored maz's and they seem to be doing just fine (healthier mycelium is growing on the cake). But, you can really notice the difference in color. I say don't worry about it, they should be fine.

OfflineCrabbyAss
sharp shooter
Re: Pale Mycellium *DELETED* [Re: LordPeter]
    #1003743 - 10/29/02 04:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by CrabbyAss

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Pale Mycellium [Re: CrabbyAss]
    #1003842 - 10/29/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Lets see........

2 days post innoculation.....
50% of the jar is colonized.......
pale white color, which in other words is like a grayish color......

.........I can sum this up to the likley suspect.........

cobweb mold! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: 

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1003904 - 10/29/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well it might not be cobwebs, because my mycelium just started to appear a few days ago and and innoculated a week ago today, its a haze forming on the jar where i let innoculated. i dont know if this is what you are seeing but thats what happening with mine and its covering 50 % of the surface but not the interior of the cake. maybe just clarification of terms... i dont know but i wouldnt mind knowing what it Is about.

--------------------
What?

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #1004229 - 10/29/02 07:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Dont worry, I think its just weak myco. growth. My GTs did the same thing and even 3 of the 10 B+'s colonizing now look that way. Believe me I freaked too, but I waited it out. As the mycelium ate it grew stronger rhizos and a brighter white around birthing time. This is providing that the grayish color is growing from the innoculation points. If it is spreading really fast and from seemingly everywhere at once, it could be cobweb. I have seen mycelium growth after two days when I place cakes in prime conditions (around 85* F) so the fast growth is not generally a sign of contams. :cool: 

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck