Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHightimer
Enthusiast

Buddy's first shot at trays, would like some opinions...
    #10028119 - 03/23/09 05:42 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Hello,

My buddy has been a long time lurker who has had great success with cakes in the past. He recently registered because he decided to embark on doing some trays, though to be honest at this point he is a little concerned about the outcome so far.

The tray below was the first tray that went into his FC on 03/19/2009.

He used an Amazonian multi-spore injection into a hulled barley and spent coffee ground substrate. The jars colonized 100% in about eight to nine days; to which he spawned to a tray using straight coco-coir. It took about four days for the tray to colonize 20-30% and on that fourth day he placed it into the FC below.

Never mind the severely bent "shelving" in the FC, that's an emerging problem that he is working on a fix for. Humidity is coming from a Ultrasonic humidifier routed through a hose coming up through the top left corner of the FC. He mentioned he purchased a cheap $6 thermometer/hygrometer combo, which he calibrated using a clear plastic bag and salt. This resulted in a 75% humidity, as expected after doing research on proper calibration (though he also said he read that using regular table salt wasn't the proper kind, please shed some light if this is incorrect.) The FC remains at a constant 70-76ยบ and 90% (according to the gauge), which he hasn't been able to get any higher. 

FAE is performed as many times as he thinks about it and he is lighting them around 12/12 give or take (on at ~8 am off at ~8pm.)

We know it hasn't hit the one week mark and I told him he is being impatient and that it could take anywhere from one to two weeks before signs of pinning emerge; and maybe longer. He is mostly concerned about the "fluffiness" of the mycelium - which has steadily increased over the course of this measly four days after birthing.

I know this is a lot, but he's the thorough type. If any of you experienced cultivators could shed some opinion on how he's doing so far; the FC; the trays; substrate; the look of this particular one - and if there appears to be a problem, perhaps a fix.

He has more jars colonizing, and so it's not imperative he gets this right; but would like to gain the experience and move up the ladder of bigger and better cultivating methods. 

Thank you in advance!

:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buddy's first shot at trays, would like some opinions... [Re: Hightimer]
    #10028406 - 03/23/09 06:22 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

They don't appear to be 100% colonized yet I would cover them with wax paper or a trash bag for a couple days, then remove the cover and mist and fan as often as possible.
  CH

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Re: Buddy's first shot at trays, would like some opinions... [Re: CH HELL]
    #10028996 - 03/23/09 07:54 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

lol sounds to me like "he" is really YOU. :wink::shrug:

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: Buddy's first shot at trays, would like some opinions... [Re: shroomiin]
    #10029031 - 03/23/09 08:01 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

It appears to me that all those little bumps of mycelium are primoridia.    I'd wait it out and they should turn to full beautiful pins in a few days.  I can't wait to see the results, I like your set up actually, very space efficient.

OfflineHightimer
Enthusiast

Re: Buddy's first shot at trays, would like some opinions... [Re: libertaire]
    #10029090 - 03/23/09 08:12 PM (15 years, 27 days ago)

Thanks for everyone's responses so far.

Quote:

CH HELL said:
They don't appear to be 100% colonized yet I would cover them with wax paper or a trash bag for a couple days, then remove the cover and mist and fan as often as possible.
  CH

Just to clarify for knowledge: did he make a mistake by placing the trays in the FC too early?

Quote:

shroomiin said:
lol sounds to me like "he" is really YOU. :wink::shrug:

It's a close relationship. :cool:

Quote:

libertaire said:
It appears to me that all those little bumps of mycelium are primoridia.    I'd wait it out and they should turn to full beautiful pins in a few days.  I can't wait to see the results, I like your set up actually, very space efficient.

Sounds good and honestly just getting some feedback with nothing substantially wrong yet is comforting. I will update the post for him when we get more action.

Thanks again!

:peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder