|Home | Mushroom Info | Experiencing Mushrooms | Trippers FAQ|
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.
FAQ about tripping
Documents:Sort: [Name] [Rating] [Date] [Reset]
- Why do some people throw up while coming up?
Sometimes, the body regects your mind's suggested mushroom dosage.
- How do I stay positive during a trip?
Keep yourself in a positive or neutral environment.
- Can I take another dose during the trip?
- What is the link between spirituality and tripping?
If you think tripping is a spiritual experience, you will be proven correct.
- Does tripping let you reach enlightenment?
Reading some of the comments from folks like Aldous Huxley or Alan Watts about "enlightenment" & about psychedelic substances gives us some clues..
- What is ego loss?
"Ego loss"..sometimes called "Ego transcendence" or "Ego death", is the state of mind when one temporarily bypasses, sees through, or otherwise transcends the limits of the ego.
- What can meditation do for me while tripping?
Meditation allows you to silence the 'inner noise', and focus your concentration.
- What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like?
A true hallucination is when one witnesses something that appears to be real, yet no actual stimulus has occured.
- Can you talk to mushrooms? Can they talk to you?
Terrance McKenna often suggested mushrooms talked to you.
- What is and how do I control tripper's paranoia?
"Tripper's paranoia" is a natural occurence wherein one who is tripping has a paranoid thought that, due to the accelerated mental activity occuring during a trip, tends to consume the tripper in a manner that can make the tripper very paranoid and stressed.
- How can I stop a trip (ie: sober up)?
There is no "off switch" to tripping.
- What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoided/reduced?
Comedown anxiety is wondering "if" and "when" you'll come down.
- What is a mushroom hangover like?
You will wake up feeling like you've just slept after a journey of a thousand miles.
- Why are trips so hard to talk about after they are over?
The trip experience transcends all mortal language... as do all experiences, when it comes down to it.
- How will a mushroom trip change me?
What if I want to stay the same?
- What are flashbacks?
Flashbacks consist of acute events where the individual experiences significant alterations in their thoughts, feelings, and/or perceptions.
- What is the Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder / HPPD ?
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder is a long-term visual disorder caused by taking hallucinogens.
- Why do only a select group of people like to trip?
When a person ingests psychedelics they face a form of reality where their conventional beliefs about what is real and who they are are challenged.
- Is it true that psychedelics can trigger mental illness?
The answer to this question is not a simple yes or no, however for the average person with no emotional or psychological problems or any family history of mental illness the answer is surely an un-equivocal no.
- Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms?
This is an interesting question with a interesting set of answers...
- How many dried mushrooms would I have to eat to die from an overdose of psilocybin?
Using the data for rats and accepting a median of 1% potency, it would require the consumption of 1680g of mushrooms to reach the LD50 for a 60kg "rat".
- Do hallucinogenic mushrooms cause liver damage?
The 2 main active genera containing Psilo(cybin)cin, Panneolus and Psilocybe do not exhibit any liver toxic properties.
- Is it safe to combine mushrooms with other drugs?
Before considering a combination it is a must for you to know your limits with each of the substances on their own before mixing.