|Home | Mushroom Info | Growing Mushrooms | Archive | General Cultivation | Cultivation Archive | Questionable Techniques | Easy Mycelium Tek|
Easy Mycelium Tek
What you will need:
- 1 quart jar with lid
- wheat grain (enough to fill the jar 3/4 full)
- wax paper
- spore print, syringe or the black stuff from the bottom of a bag
- Fill the jar 3/4 full with wheat grain
- Fill with water 1/4 the way up the grain
- Cover top of the jar with wax paper and nuke it for three minutes, trust me, it's sterile. Cover with lid, shake, and let cool.
- Introduce inoculum, just remove the lid and drop the spores in. Replace lid and shake.
And that's it in a nutshell, just wait 5-10 days and it should begin colonization. Don't worry too much about sterility, 99% of my jars come out uncontaminated. On a side note, you might see a little blue contamination on the eyes of some of the wheat, DON'T WORRY, it dies as soon as the jar becomes fully colonized. For the people who want to actually grow fruiting bodies just follow the steps in the illustrated magic mushroom growers guide and you should end up with the same final product. (Note: if following the IMMGG just replace the rye with wheat.) Happy shrooming!:)