Shroomery - Magic Mushrooms Demystified
Club99's Honeywater Mycelium Tek
The achievement of this tech is to shorten the time needed to colonize a jar as you'll see signs of growth in 24/36 hours, instead waiting 3/5 days for spore germination.
The achievement of this tek is to shorten the time needed to colonize a jar as you'll see signs of growth in 24/36 hours, instead waiting 3/5 days for spore germination.
What you need:
- A narrow mouth jar with lid
- Organic honey - best is the pale yellow one
- Mineral water
- Some H2O2 (at 3% or 12 vol.)
- Some heat resistant silicone
- A filter disk
How to do it:
- Drill a small hole in the lid, large enough to pass through with a needle.
- Mix a small quantity of honey (less than a teaspoon) in the water, the water must be very light yellow coloured.
- Sterilize for 30 minutes and let it cool (don't over sterilize or the sugars in the honey caramelize).
- Inject a small quantity of spore solution, 1-2 cc it's enough.
- Put in a dark warm place, better to stir a bit once a day, and wait until you see small white hairs floating in the solution,
- wait a day or 2 then add some H2O2 , few cc's, (i would put 2 cc in a 1/2 pint jar) then put the jar in the fridge. This helps to keep out contaminants. Specially bacteria.
- Now the honeywater it's ready. To use it simply suck some water with a sterile syringe and inoculate your MMGG/PF TEK style jars as usual.
- The solution will last at least 2 weeks, but anyway i wouldn't use a solution much older as the risks of contamination increases.
Some optional improvements:
- A drop of silicone closing the hole helps to keep out contaminants.
- advice!! If you close air tight your jars the sterilization will produce a negative pressure that will suck ALL your syringe into the jar. Best to tight the lids after sterilization.
- You can drill 2 holes in the lid and use one to inject spores/suck liquid mycelium and the other one for gas exchange as shown in the the pic. (Thanks Dr. Dung for this tip)
Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.
Generated in 0.013 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 2 queries.