This technique describes how to extract psilocybin from magic mushrooms with pure 200 proof ethyl alcohol and make a magic mushroom liqueur of concentrated psilocybin to effect a powerful psychedelic dose as potent as desired. The entire process involves only the shrooms and alcohol. The alcohol is untainted with chemicals and poisons because it can be easily acquired from a liquor store (United States) either over the counter (in some states) or with a special permit (most states- see end of article section - "procuring 200 proof ethyl alcohol from a liquor store").Retrieve the shroom material from the filters and resoak the extracted shroom material with fresh alcohol and repeat steps 1 and 2 (secondary filtration and reclamation).
Combine the alcohol extracts into a glass. Place a small electric fan (small desk clip on fans are perfect) near the glass and point the air flow directly down into the glass until the surface of the alcohol ripples. This will speed the evaporation and concentration. The process will take several hours. The more alcohol extract - the longer the evaporationtime. As the alcohol evaporates and the level recedes down into the glass, wash the residue that adheres to the inside ofthe glass back into the solution. Any fumes that are generated will be harmless because the alcohol is a non poisonous drinkable spirit. Keep flames away from the solution - pure alcohol is very flammable.
Evaporate the extract down to the concentration desired. 1 to3 or more grams of dried shroom material to 1cc of alcohol is a potent brew. The more concentrated it becomes, the less alcohol needs to be consumed. When taking a dose, the alcohol can be evaporated and the shroom extract taken. Dispense the psilo-liqueur with a syringe for accuracy. Accuracy is important, because a slight over calculation could put a slightly reluctant psychonaut on pluto when only the moon was targeted.
The concentrated shroom liqueur will have a pungent mushroomy aroma (like fungi perfume). Store it in small screw cap bottles or vials in the freezer. Alcohol doesn't freeze solid and will remain liquid.
First, call a well stocked liquor store and ask if they have200 proof anhydrous ethyl alcohol. Full service liquor stores supply hospitals and laboratories with 200 proof anhydrous ethyl (100 ure ethyl alcohol - no water) in the United States. 200 proof is preferred because it has no water. 190proof (95thyl - 5 ater) is ok but 5 esidual water is a negative, especially when evaporated down. If the stored doesn't have 200 proof, the salespeople will know where to get it.
If a permit is needed, call the state liquor board (usually in the State Capital) and ask for an application to get an ethyl alcohol permit. The fee is 5 or 10 dollars. On the application will be a question asking what the use of the alcohol will be.Write what they more or less want to hear. State that the use of the alcohol will be for "non-toxic surface sterilizing plus herb extraction - preservation - tincture - and perfume making" (or something to that effect). The poison warnings on the alcohol bottles and this idiotic red tape are just bureaucratic nonsense that results in the state making a big fat bundle off of the sale.
- 200 proof ethyl alcohol
- drinking glass (spoon - knife ect.)
- bottles with tight caps (whiskey bottles - pop bottles -ect.)
- dust-pollen masks
- small desk fan
- 10cc syringe (measurement and dispensing)