Home | Mushroom Info | Experiencing Mushrooms | Trip Reports | Level 2 | Awakening

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


FORWARD: The events in this story took place almost a year ago.

FORWARD: The events in this story took place almost a year ago. Please excuse me for any holes in my story. This story may be long. But I assure you. It is in everyway enjoyable, and I encourage you to read it all. I think it will be helpful if you are contemplating trying shrooms, or are just reading about other peoples' experiences. Here we go...

Pat and I had never done shrooms. We had talked about it, and I had spent nearly 2 months researching them and reading trip reports on this very website. I (we) have now had about 4-5 shroom experiences, and we are planning another trip this coming Saturday/Sunday. (We were both currently 16)

My sister had made a run to a city about an hour and a half away to visit her boyfriend at the time, and to bring us back the eight of buds and shrooms. Pat and I had planned to do them on a Sunday, and the plan was coming along nicely.

I was abruptly awakened that Sunday (no, that is not why this story is called "Awakening", but nice guess!) with my sister handing me the goods. I rose up in a smile, and she told me that both were supposed to be awesome. And indeed they were. At first glance, I KNEW the bud was good. Some of the best I've had to this day. But as for the shrooms. I had no idea! I didn't know what to look for, and this would be my first trip.

I went to the phone to call Pat, and he arrived shortly after the phone call was ended. But our day was just beginning, and this would be the day that changed my (our) lives forever.

We each planned to consume half the eigth. We divided it up fairly, and the plan was perfectly executed. We downed them with orange juice, and oh how they were horrible! A small price to pay I guess.

We then called our friend Chris who is no longer with us (he moved to Texas) to "babysit" if you will. We took all precautions to insure that this trip be of full potential. We started to drive to the mountains when Pat started to get wide eyes and laughing like he was going insane. But I could tell that he was enjoying it. He had a much faster metabolism than me, and it would take another 25 minutes or so for the precious psycilocybin to to work its magic. Pat hanged the wheel over to Chris who them took us to the mountains. I also started feeling wierd and we cranked up the tunes (I dont recall what, its been almost a year) and we all started laughing because it was a sunny Sunday in the spring and things were good.

When we got onto the dirt road I started to notice weird patterns in everything I saw. The trees, and the ground specifically. I had the notion that the trees were alive, and that they were huddled together like families. But I have since been there, and I assure you, they are in no way not. I suddenly realized, They ARE alive! WOW, amazing. After staring at everything and feeling what was the best feeling I've ever felt, we finally found a spot that seemed to be calling our name. Chris parked the car and we all got out. I think we might have been listening to Marley. Pat has subs and the music was still fairly loud.

Pat immediately ran out into the woods while Chris and I smoked the bowl that i had promised him. While smoking some of the best pot I have ever had, I later cant tell if i was even high. I was actually alot more like Pat (who was only on shrooms) and I was Chris (who was only high). I, however, was on both, but I really dont think I was high off the pot. Although I'm sure I was. I just cant seperate the two sensations.

When we caught up with Pat, I started laughing histaricly because he was chewing on a tree the size of him. He heard me laugh and he looked back and he started laughing like Jim Morrison on acid (I might add, we were and still are huge Doors fans). I didnt join him in his tree eating rampage tho. He brought me to a place where there was a small dip in the ground. I'm still not sure what caused it, but he told me that he say it moving while me and Chris were roasting a bowl. We then layed down in a small vally near the car, free of trees, and stared up at the clouds. (Chris had gone back to the car to chill and listen to the music, seeing that Pat and I were no threat to ourselves)

The clouds were so amazing. It looked so real and unreal at the same time. They were making shapes and moving in ways which clouds normally do, my mind just processed it completely different. In my line of vision I could see the tops of some trees to my left, along with the clear blue sky and the few clouds which gracefull road the wind of that beautiful day. I just started laughing because I was filled with a sensation that I never had before. The world was One. We were One, and everything was One. I was just so happy to be alive, and seeing what I was seeing. Pat and I were discussing how spectacular eveything looked and I felt like I was a little man in the back of my head talking with a microphone which sent a signal to my vocal chords, which made my bigger body talk. I told Pat all this and I think it replied with a chuckle and the word "Crazy..." or "Awesome..." I dont know. But something of the nature.

I was all of a sudden interupted by Chris who just poked his head into my like of vision from the top. (imagine your lying down looking at the sky and someone just steps over you and lookes down) I was startled, but nothing major. He told us we were gonna go for a walk. And this walk would be a walk to remember...

I remember Pat enthusiastically saying something like "A walk thru the tables of time." Or something crazy like that. He sounded like one of those people on TV that try to make it sound interesting so you'll watch the program but hes not very good (no offense Pat, haha)

Pat stopped and said "Miles, come look at this!" He was looking at the ground and it was like looking into another little world within a world. It was like playing a extremely realistic video game with AWESOME graphics. As weird as that sounds. We spend a good 10 minutes I'm sure just looking at a small area of the ground. Feeling it and commenting about how it felt like a body. Then we realized it was! It was a body! It was none other than the infamous Mother Earth! We instantly fell in love with it, talking to all the living breathing plants, and Chris was just looking at us like we were crazy. I was feeling sorry for him at this point because he had no insight on things Pat and I were figuring out, and were seeing. I'm sure Pat was thinking the same thing.

Okay. This is one of those "holes" in the story I warned you about in the forward. I don't fully remember the next events in the story enough to explain them. I just remember bits and peices. Anyways... We shall continue with that I do remember after this hole. (again, I'm tragically sorry about this)

I remember us walking around, filled with joy, talking to the plants around us. Colors where bright, but I experienced no hallusinations. We came apon this huge rock/boulder and we for some reason instanly fell in love with it. We both got up close, examining it closely. I thought I could see all the seperate compounds and atoms that made the rock up. After doing this in amazement for some time, Pat and I dubbed the rock the King Of the Mountain, as it was looking over a valley that we were previously unaware off. We found an old decaying stump and started kicking it and BEHOLD!, it instantly became not a chair, oh no no no.., it became a throne next to the King of the Mountain. We each took turns stitting in the "throne" and got our pictures taken (yes we had a camera) At this time, I think Chris must have been back at the car chilling and listening to Marley again, because I see him nowhere in my memory at this preticulair moment.

Pat and I continued to walk around and appreciate nature in a way we never before saw. We felt like little kids, viewing the world and life for the first time. Words cannot justify how this experience changed my life. I experience minor ego-death, and we both realized how stupid the world was. How stupid people were. Before this point, we were both completely oblivious to the outside world. The only world that existed was with us, (and the rock, and Chris, haha)

We came yet again to a little world within a world, and this time there was a miniture river flowing, and a waterfall. It was completely beautiful and it filled me with joy. I think we were talking about things Jim Morrison said for while when Pat suddenly said "We're going to die."
BOOM! It hit me like a baseball bat a full force. Never had I thought about the concept of death (in this world) as I did that day. I remember standing on the hillside and looking up at the sun. God was connecting with me. I just felt his love and I was filled with an even greater joy.

Prior to this trip, I had been searching for something. I didn't know what it was. But I knew it was there. And this day. Everything was falling into place. I felt like before this day I had never truely lived. My next bundle of thought that day are simply undescribeable. But I HIGHLY recommend you take similiar precautions with shrooms as Pat and I did to ensure an enlighting trip...

AFTERWORD: After coming down... Pat and I offical dubbed ourselves hippies, and lovers of all things. That day and since after have been unlike anyother, and I am so happy I am me. Our lives have both changed (for the extreme better) and we both have continuted to grow.

I hope you enjoyed my (frist) trip report, and I hope maybe it helped you in some way. I want to encourage you to read another trip report of mine in Level 4 called "Mind and Time". I will be writing another report soon, and we have made plans to shroom this coming Saturday/Sunday, and maybe, just maybe, I might write it DURING the trip. I plan to consume a quarter. But I assure, I am ready to do so. Wish me luck, and until then, happy shroomin!

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 4 queries.