Home | Mushroom Info | Experiencing Mushrooms | Trip Reports | Level 5 | HUGE dose by mistake

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

HUGE dose by mistake

Amateur, alone and helpless under the influence of 13gr of shrooms

Guys I just joined. I wanted to take a high dose although I am not experienced in shroom consumption.

About me: I am from Greece. I was a marginally autistic kid with a knack for mathematics. I took martial art classes for years and I worked hard with myself to blend as much as possible. I am a chess player and came up 2nd in the Athens championship. I've beaten the women's champion of Greece and have been playing for a top club. I am 48 years old now, quite successful in the software industry and working from distance for the UK and managing my own team in a multinational company. I was always very athletic but now I am obese, at about 125Kgr (1.81m tall). I have a son who is 11 and a wife whom I met when I was a University student. We have been happily together for 27 years and married for 17 of them.

Background and how I came up with the dose:  I discovered mushrooms from youtube videos from intellectuals that admitted to having tried them. I got intrigued, especially because it seemed that you could get in touch with your feelings. I am a very calculative guy and from what the people around me tell me, I say and do things that hurt the feelings of other, though it's obvious to them that I don't have bad motives for doing so. Anyway, I found a site in Netherlands that could send me a growing kit. My family did not think that this was strange as I take strange projects from time to time. I harvested them, I dried them (by leaving them in front of a fan - took 2 days with no intervention) and then ground them in to powder in a blender we have in the house. Then put the powder in tea bags (which I weighted before and after and noted the quantity in each of them). I finally put them in an airtight container in the fridge with a few moisture sucking things you get when you buy electronic parts. Last summer I finally found the opportunity. I was left alone for a day and I would not let that slip away. I prepared 80 degrees C hot water in a teapot with some honey and submerged 5gr split in several teabags. I put a nice BBC - Attenborough documentary and consumed the "tea". It was a mild experience. I could see some visuals and I would fall into strange thoughts from time to time. I felt some swinging emotions from slight fear to a feeling of accomplishment, etc. I was underwhelmed. I decided that this was like a level 1 experience for me, so I figured that the mushrooms were not potent. Also I knew I was always tolerant with alcohol, marihuana, even coffee and I always needed much more than others to feel the same effects.  Now I repeated the whole experiment this year by getting a new cultivation kit. This time I decided I would take 20gr because I am heavy and the mushrooms I get are not potent. I know it sounds stupid but at the time it seemed to make sense since I cannot try gradually escalating the quantity as I don't have the luxury of being left alone frequently. I did exactly the same things with a few tweaks:
(a) I took care of the mushrooms indoors this time and regulated the temperature close to 25 degrees C. Last time I had them outside and there were a few days that we had more than 30 degrees out.
(b) The water in the teapot was about 87 degrees this time. I tried to take account of the escaping heat from the spoon and the teabags. I suspected that last time the temperature was not big enough to extract all the psilocybin. 

The trip: I started consuming the "tea", but about 2/3 of the way I realized it was really blue. It left stains that could not be scrabbed clean. This had never happened before so I thought I should stop because there was a distinct possibility that these mushrooms were more potent that the ones I tried before. So I think I managed to consume the equivalent of 13gr. I started thinking I might have screwed up and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I tried to relax and make myself as comfortable as possible in a space that I could not easily escape and get out of the house. I was afraid I could lose myself and do crazy stuff. My suspicion was correct. The effects this time came in 25 minutes and came strong. It was nothing like before. I could still see the things around me but with imposing patterns flying while everything was moving, but the real effect was happening inside my head. I started losing myself in thoughts. I don't know how to explain it but it was as if I was contemplating stuff that had never happened in my life and drawing conclusions about things. I have no exact memory of what thoughts I had but it was strange. I remember it was a frenzy of intense thinking as if I had no time and had to figure out a puzzle. I had moments were I remembered what was happening. For example I could still remember that I had my cat in another room so I went and closed the door because I was afraid I would go crazy and kill him or something. After a while (@ 44mins in) I had a huge rush of panic. I could feel I was losing control. The only thing I did was keep saying to myself "don't worry, you chose this, it will pass in time". Then I spaced out! Thank god for that! Or maybe I went through hell and came back remembering nothing. I remember I could barely see the clock at the wall that was showing 2 hours have passed that I could not account for (@ +3h in). I could see my home inside but I could not recognize it. It was familiar but it was not mine. Time was broken. My thoughts seemed scattered and I did not know what was before and after. My logic that I so admire in me had given its place to chaos. I did not see any monsters or melting walls, but everything was moving. I could hold my head and I felt as if I was holding my self. I was thinking that everything is happening inside my scull and that if I hung on long enough the effects would pass. I was curled into a ball all the time. I felt like I was in the movie "The Father" where everything that was happening had no continuum and did not make sense. As if I was waking up each time without knowing where I am, what's my purpose. At one point I remember that: whatever I was thinking was happening! I had this distinct thought that nothing was real and the universe did not make sense. Only thing I was still sure of was that I chose this and things would make sense again. After 2 more hours (@5h in) I could understand who I was. I checked on my cat and it was ok. Everything was still moving. My cat was like a strange feline type of animal but I knew it was mine. I was content with this. I knew I had escaped with my sanity intact. At 8h in, I had a huge headache and I realized that during my trip I had googled "help nothing makes sense anymore" and "mushrooms reality does not exist".

All and all, it was a strange, not spiritually heavy, experience where I felt I got an inch from losing my sanity. I don't want to know what happened during those 2 lost hours but it would be really crazy. I hope my brain is capable of absorbing the shock of what happened then, because even if I don't remember I'm sure the impact in my neurons was absolutely real. I am writing these things 1 day later and I still have a huge hangover and when I speak I feel that someone else is speaking.

I think mushrooms do not agree with me. Maybe my marginal autistic nature lacks the imagination that is required to build all these strange worlds that I hear other people are seeing. Next time it's going to be after quite some time and only 5gr for me, thank you very much.

Copyright 1997-2023 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 4 queries.