Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Toothpaste, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Dys]
    #11709498 - 12/24/09 01:40 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, I'm gonna seriously pursue it bc if excess fluoride is limiting my physical & mental capacity, then I wanna learn sooner rather than later.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDys
unit - [s2dope] - v1.0.13
Female User Gallery
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #11709507 - 12/24/09 01:41 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

R/O water is probably overkill, but fluoride aside, I like really soft water with a neutral pH.

I hate hard, chemy, bleach-tasting shit. City water FTL.

Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Jaegar]
    #11709575 - 12/24/09 01:52 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The United States Public Health Service estimates that every dollar spent fluoridating water saves fifty dollars in dental expenses. If fluoridation is truly just another conspiracy, then at least this is one that saves money.

First off, almost all of industrialized Europe doesn't fluoridate their water, & their rate of dental problems is similar (in some cases lower) than that in the US; it's not needed for dental health. Those of us who actually take take care of our bodies (don't suck on Jolly Ranchers & drink acidic sugar water all day long) don't need it beyond what we would naturally get from our diet, & it is idiocy to willingly be exposed to something potentially harmful in a ubiquitous manner when it is not at all needed by self-respecting & responsible people.

OfflineJaegar
Stranger

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #11709614 - 12/24/09 01:57 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

You should read the entire article.

"You'll also hear the claim that fluoridation has been banned in Europe. This is also completely untrue. In Europe it's more common to fluoridate salt instead of water, thus bringing the same benefits via a different delivery method. As long as you don't look at that fact, the anti-fluoridation people can truthfully say that "Europe rejects fluoridation of water."

Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Jaegar]
    #11710005 - 12/24/09 03:35 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I would need to see an objective source for that. Looking around on that site, I found an article (promoting fast food junk) that concluded with something to the effect of, "See you at the Drive Thru. Eat up!"... this in the world's fattest society... sounds like an industry shill to me. I have read statements from various European government agencies saying that they oppose it (compulsory water fluoridation) on medical & ethical grounds.

Further, even if true about salt in Europe (which it very well may be), I would want to see a a daily consumption comparison... as water is more ubiquitous than salt & much harder to control intake. I don't doubt that the body can remove some excess toxins when exposed, but (in the case of water, which is everywhere & used for everything... so fluoride compounds would accumulate in many foods in addition to beverages, as well as absorption when bathing... & added to that which is absorbed when brushing your teeth) when consumed/absorbed in excess for years or even decades, that is irresponsible.

The amount used in municipal supplies is 0.7-1.2 ppm, or 0.7-1.2 mg/L of water. I drink (off the top of my head) probably 3-4 L per day, plus the foods I eat, plus possibly the milk I drink via the water the cattle drank, plus showering 4-5 times per week, & brush my teeth 6-7 times per week. The daily recommended amt. for an adult (less for children) is 1.5-4 mg/day... I personally think going above 2 is completely unnecessary. Regardless, the Mayo clinic even says that it is inadvisable to go above the upper amt.

Given all of this, a) the amt. of fluoridation in most U.S. tap water is overkill, b) it is foolish for anyone who values their body & their health to subject themselves to an excess amt, c) it is unethical & outside the scope of proper government to subject a (largely uninformed) people to a potentially dangerous amt. of a substance against their consent.

P.S. The amount is so high in the U.S. that parents have to be told to specifically to watch the limits for young children, though as I demonstrate above, it's an issue for more than just young children.

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (12/24/09 03:46 AM)

OfflineEnvix
-x+x+x+x+x+-
 User Gallery

#11710074 - 12/24/09 03:55 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

does bottled water contain fluoride? because that's what I've been drinking.

Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Envix]
    #11710198 - 12/24/09 04:38 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Most have a low amt. but some have up to about the equivalent of tap water. You should check with the bottler.

This is a video of someone with the EPA testifying before Congress within the last decade, citing peer-reviewed studies:

Here is part I (of III) of a presentation by the woman who "discovered" the potential for adverse effects, particularly fluoride in excess being a neurotoxin. I think she used to be supported by the Dental Industry but after her findings in the mid-90s nobody form that establishment would give her a grant. I put 'discovered' in quotation marks because she actually cites evidence (formerly classified government documents) going back to the Manhattan Project abut its adverse affects & how some scientists working for the gov't. were commissioned to start studying them fearing for the health & sanity of the workers on the nuclear bomb project after observed neurotoxic effects from overexposure, but they stopped when they realized that the wastes from phosphate fertilizer manufacture (which also contain contaminants like arson that have 0 ppm acceptable level in drinking water) could be used as a cheap, abundant source for fluoride to add to the drinking water.

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
    #11710224 - 12/24/09 04:46 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinex6h9ukfwh3p21df8
Dodge this.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Dys]
    #11710264 - 12/24/09 04:58 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
R/O water is probably overkill, but fluoride aside, I like really soft water with a neutral pH.

I hate hard, chemy, bleach-tasting shit. City water FTL.

Isn't R/O water unhealthy to drink? I mean, wouldn't 2 or 3ppb 10-50ppm water strip your body of essential electrolytes and salts? just a thought

Edited by x6h9ukfwh3p21df8 (12/24/09 05:01 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck Flag
    #11710411 - 12/24/09 07:30 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dystopia said:
Pris can prolly hop in and find a $50 one on ebay or tell you how to MacGyver one with a 2-litre soda bottle, an old stethoscope and some polyfill.

pris wouldnt need to, pris is on municipal water that's sourced from an
an artesian spring, there's nothing added to my water that wasnt there
when it pushed it's way out of the ground

you'll get someone killed giving them a recipe involving a stethoscope
you need a roll of duct tape, cotton balls and a sphygmomanometer
or maybe that's the recipe for getting out of having to buy your GF
tampons ever again...

--------------------
Winter is a murderous whore -XLCaps

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Envix]
    #11710415 - 12/24/09 07:33 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:

some does, some is marketed as having fluoride added, some is just filtered municipal water

--------------------

OfflineMet
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandie, France Flag
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11710454 - 12/24/09 07:57 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

All I know is when I went from Australia (where the water is fluoridated) to France (where it is not) for 18 months, I had to get 3 or 4 fillings, having had no major change in diet for these 18 months, and never having had any dental problems previously.  :shrug:

Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Met]
    #11711620 - 12/24/09 02:13 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Do you drink soda or eat candy? If so, that would have a big impact. According to my calculations, if I cut out fluoride in tap water (which represents probably 2-3 mg per day... already towards the upper end of the recommended amt. by Mayo & too much IMO bc I don't think more than 2 mg/day is needed for someone with a healthy diet), I will still get enough from brushing my teeth w/fluoride toothpaste, showering, foods, and/or other drinks (drinking fountain while on campus, possibly milk) Plus, for dental health applying it orally (i.e. in the toothpaste) is more effective for preventing tooth decay than drinking it from what I've read.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #11711909 - 12/24/09 03:00 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

:shocked: just look what fluoride did to this here lab mouse!

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: the bizzle]
    #11712958 - 12/24/09 06:06 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Met]
    #11713114 - 12/24/09 06:36 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Met said:
All I know is when I went from Australia (where the water is fluoridated) to France (where it is not) for 18 months, I had to get 3 or 4 fillings, having had no major change in diet for these 18 months, and never having had any dental problems previously.  :shrug:

there's many examples of people without fluoride in their water having
healthy teeth and those with fluoride having bad teeth, france uses a 
fluoridated salt so the odds are you were still getting your fluoride,
just not via the water supply

--------------------

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: Poid]
    #11713119 - 12/24/09 06:37 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

"Dental experts indicate that fluoride helps teeth resist decay and therefore fluoride has been added to the drinking water supplies in many U.S. communities since 1945."

they put chemicals in our water because retards are to stupid to brush their teeth? :shakefist:

--------------------
'Learning is like rowing upstream:  not to advance is to drop back.'  ~Chinese Proverb

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
 User Gallery

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: danielx]
    #11713152 - 12/24/09 06:46 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

danielx said:
they put chemicals in our water because retards are to stupid to brush their teeth? :shakefist:

oral hygiene practices have improved greatly since the 40's, should we
credit the water or 5 decades of commercials, education, dental checkups,
etc... that were promoting better oral hygene

now we need to know why 85% of school kids are still getting cavities

--------------------

Scholar
Male

Re: flouride was used in ww2 to keep prisoners stupified, and you can too america! [Re: danielx]
    #11713842 - 12/24/09 09:37 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

they put chemicals in our water because retards are to stupid to brush their teeth?

Sort of. They put it in bc retards are too dumb to understand that drinking acidic sugar water all day results in the acid breaking down the enamel & the sugar that gets stuck in there is a great food source for microorganisms whose metabolism leads to tooth decay over time.

OfflineOrganizedChaos
Stoned....
Male

#11714142 - 12/24/09 11:07 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

This is absolutely retarded.
As anyone who knows about chemicals in certain doses, they do certain things.

Fluoride is no exception.

Waste of time, and not a conspiracy.

--------------------
It is what it is, Let it be!

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Toothpaste, pH Test Strips

Community >> The Pub