Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlass Balloon
Stranger
Male

The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro
    #9874651 - 02/27/09 06:13 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been looking in forum after forum and havent really gotten which way is easiest most effective way to eat san pedro raw.
Ive heard that blending up a foot or so and mixing with water then drinking is a good method but thats a lot of goop in your stomach and probably the most disgusting taste wise.
Then theres the drying strips of it in an oven at like 200 degrees,can someone who has good experience with these methods let me know the best way to prepare it raw so i dont have to eat or drink like a gallon of goop? I have 3,12" inch cuttings between two people were each consuming 1 and a half feet.

--------------------
R.I.P
Roger Keith Barrett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: Glass Balloon]
    #9874783 - 02/27/09 07:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

An easy way to do it is blend it with water like you said, and then boil it down into a drinkable amount (12 oz or so).

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

OfflineGlass Balloon
Stranger
Male

#9874920 - 02/27/09 07:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanx for your reply, Ive actually searched a lot on Erowid and countless other sites. The reason why I ask you guys is because I really do not want to go threw boiling the san pedro for hours, then go threw the extraction process like erowids method suggests.
I wanted to do this the most natural way without possibly weakening the effects of the trip by boiling it, have you tried drying or blending slices then consuming?

--------------------
R.I.P
Roger Keith Barrett

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#9874934 - 02/27/09 07:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Glass Balloon said:
Ive heard that blending up a foot or so and mixing with water then drinking is a good method but thats a lot of goop in your stomach and probably the most disgusting taste wise.

Definitely not.  Boiling down concentrates it and, thus, amplifies the funky taste imo.  The bad thing about not boiling down is the volume and frothiness of it.

If I were you I might just look up "easy 3 step mescaline citrate" on here.  Mescaline's a many splendored thing but it's hard to get into it if you feel bloated the whole time.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#9874950 - 02/27/09 07:48 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Glass Balloon said:
I wanted to do this the most natural way without possibly weakening the effects of the trip by boiling it, have you tried drying or blending slices then consuming?

I can't imagine just straight eating chunks would be a lot of fun.  If you want natural then your best bet is probably to boil it down (low boil) and just deal with the taste.  Might help to have something to nosh on a bit while you're drinking it.

OfflineGlass Balloon
Stranger
Male

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: truffleupagus]
    #9875003 - 02/27/09 08:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I can't imagine just straight eating chunks would be a lot of fun.  If you want natural then your best bet is probably to boil it down (low boil) and just deal with the taste.  Might help to have something to nosh on a bit while you're drinking it.

Im retarded at this kind of stuff sorry, so I should use the method of cutting stars then dicing them up, add equal amount of water then let boil lightly for like an hour or so? Can I drink it after it cools down so I wont have to go threw the filtering process?  thanx

--------------------
R.I.P
Roger Keith Barrett

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#9876855 - 02/27/09 12:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The only method I have used is boiling it down. But then again, I have only used SP once...

I know you don't want to sit in front of your stove for 3-5 hours (nobody does), but I wouldn't take short cuts if I were you. The majority of the time it seems, when people use shortcuts with SP they get burned. They either barely feel the effects or they don't feel anything at all.

I spent the necessary time on prepping it last weekend and was able to score a 12 hour trip out of it.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: Nifflerz]
    #9876884 - 02/27/09 12:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

BTW, in my opinion, drinking it ain't that bad. I mean, it is kinda gross, but I got down 32 ounces of that nasty shit without hurling. I could/should have boiled it down more, but after hour number 5 I was ready to get things underway. I had two pots going at the same time -- 1 foot of SP for each pot. So I boiled each down to 16 ounces.

I think my problem was leaving it too low. The heat, I mean. Next time I'll up it a little bit to speed things up. An experienced Pedro-ite can get it down to 12 oz or less -- some even get it down into a single shot glass.

PS coffee is a GREAT chaser. A nice swig of it will all but wipe out that nasty cactus juice aftertaste.

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (02/27/09 12:45 PM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: Nifflerz]
    #9877525 - 02/27/09 02:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Niffla, yeah.... first time is never as bad.

Are we talking RAW , raw?

In that case, chunks arent THAT bad, just a lot of VOLUME to put in your tummy.

Best bet.

Blender with a bit of lemon juice and maybe a sweetener( even though it wont really help. )

Might have to add -some- water..... but not much really, lots of water content in fresh cactus.

Aim for a yougart type consistancy and by the spoon full with a chaser, Lightly flavored fruit drinks are good, AKA kool-aid or those flavored water.... BUT I would recomend using something you dont plan to drink ever again...... the cactus is going to ruin the taste of whatever it is for LIFE. :tongue:

12 inches = 1 hour EASY.

Try to get everything down in an hour or less....... about an hour after that, you will prob barf..... And then you will trip and be just fine for the next 12 hours. :grin:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: Shad0w]
    #9878125 - 02/27/09 03:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I made mescaline tea, then used that tea to make jello shots.  It was fast and easy going down, way better than drinking THE most disgusting plant juice ever.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineGlass Balloon
Stranger
Male

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9882568 - 02/28/09 06:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanx to all the replies, how is it that some people dont feel effects if they hurry the process? This is one major reason why Iam worried about the boiling method is it that people boil it on too high a temperature?
And if you blend the SP in a blender is it necessary to remove the skin?

--------------------
R.I.P
Roger Keith Barrett

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#9882709 - 02/28/09 07:47 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Just follow these steps.  If you've to a knife, a blender, and a stove, you can go from raw cactus to cup of pedro tea in an afternoon.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

--------------------

OfflineGlass Balloon
Stranger
Male

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: Noviseer]
    #9921761 - 03/06/09 09:05 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

So I got my SP in the mail like 5 days ago, I just opened it all up and I got the 3-12 inch cuttings but there is also a little cactus that is like 6 inches long, it looks like a cucumber both of the ends have tips anyone know what it could be?

--------------------
R.I.P
Roger Keith Barrett

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#9922052 - 03/06/09 10:30 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

It could be just a baby.

Next time I do mescaline I'm going for the iso extract. I don't want to discourage you from the tea, but I spent a WHOLE NIGHT staying up boiling it up and it turned out weak. While I could have upped the dosage, I think that a lot of alkaloids were simply trapped in the cactus.

Therefore I'm going to iso-tar some powder and if I like that just use powder and dry fresh cacti into powder from now on. Unless I feel like doing an HCL extract but if iso works then I don't find that entirely necessary.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#9922233 - 03/06/09 11:07 AM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Bridgesii?

Offlinesamba_lightning
diminished 5th
Male User Gallery

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: 04281969]
    #9922983 - 03/06/09 01:35 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

whats that berry pill thing you can get which distorts the taste of everything?
i know sour goes sweet etc..  does bitter (or whatever san P tastes like, havent tried)
tastes get changed... might make it easier = S

--------------------

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: samba_lightning]
    #9923251 - 03/06/09 02:21 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Glass Balloon said:
Thanx to all the replies, how is it that some people dont feel effects if they hurry the process? This is one major reason why Iam worried about the boiling method is it that people boil it on too high a temperature?
And if you blend the SP in a blender is it necessary to remove the skin?

Remove the skin, Keep the green stuff under it, a bit of practice and you will get good at it.

It is KINDA hard to burn it if you get enough water in it and keep an eye out........ 

Not feeling effects from certain batches is KINDA normal...... potency varies, With cactus, better to overshoot than undershoot is my opinion.... IF 25grams is a "reccomended dose" from the site..... you could prob get away with a 40-50gram dose pretty easy.......

But then again, you might have the super potent pedro. :tongue: in which case, if you dont like it, send it to me. :grin:

BTW, if your cuttings are FRESHLY cut, AKA not hard scabs on the ends, put it in a cool dark place for a month or so......... supposedly potency goes up, wouldnt surprise me.

The 6inch cucumber...... Do BOTH ends look like the TIP of an uncut cacti??? In other respects, does it look like a san pedro? Did you taste it? Maybe its a cucumber? :tongue2:

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: samba_lightning]
    #9923266 - 03/06/09 02:24 PM (15 years, 26 days ago)

Miracle Frooties.
Doesn't work with cactus. 

Works well with sour things like lemons, pineapple, strawberries, granny smiths, etc.  OJ is actually a little too sweet, but anything with a sour tang tastes amazing.

OfflineGlass Balloon
Stranger
Male

Re: The best way to eat or drink raw san pedro [Re: Shad0w]
    #9927185 - 03/07/09 06:57 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Yeah both ends have tips that are not cut and look like a cucumber but Its not a cucumber there are needles all over it.

--------------------
R.I.P
Roger Keith Barrett

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#9927289 - 03/07/09 08:19 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Wierd. No idea.

Meh, eat it and post back....

( joking ) :tongue2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder