Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejunkyardgod
A psychedelic mess.
Male

Mushroom Body Load
    #9759896 - 02/08/09 11:55 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

My one problem with mushrooms is the recent body load I've been experiencing. On my last two trips (2 grams/0.5 grams) my stomach has felt like it's being sucked into itself and eventually becomes a dull pain that constantly gnaws at me and my thoughts. I've never felt nausea, only this extreme discomfort that makes me feel agitated and doubtful of my decision to dose. Additional effects that I've noticed on these bad mushroom body loads are: trouble keeping breathing even (taking large, irregular breaths), severely increased heart rate, sweating. What's surprising is that this body load persists even on small doses of shrooms (0.25 - 1 gram), so I feel at a loss. At this point, I'm not even positive if it's a physical reaction or me psyching myself out on the come-up. In any case I'm slowly considering that this just isn't the right time in my life for mushrooms, both emotionally and psychologically.

Are there any people out there who feel similar body loads from mushrooms, or equally discomforting sensations? I'd like to hear others' stories and maybe a bit of advice on what I can do to improve my trips. So far my only ideas are to try mushroom tea, and to be more physically active during the trip. Any and all further help is much appreciated!

Edited by junkyardgod (02/08/09 11:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Mushroom Body Load [Re: junkyardgod]
    #9759917 - 02/08/09 11:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I get the same thing,

I've learned the only way to overcome it is to ignore it, and it honestly works.

If you focus enough on anything in a mushroom trip, it'll start to bother you, and yeah just try and ignore it.

And stop taking .5 gram doses, do 1/8's man :smile:

Vomiting helps a lot too :smile:

and I find it hard to be active during a trip, because usually when I'm peaking I cannot even see in front of me yet alone walk.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (02/08/09 12:01 PM)

OfflineFugueRider
Looney Toon Lover
Male User Gallery

#9759923 - 02/08/09 12:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I resonate with the advice to be more physically active while tripping. I think it would help. Although for me, I like to dose fairly high, so I normally just lay completely still with no music on or anything and trip. I have done it with 2CT2 though, and being active helped a bunch.

I have recently started to fast before tripping, and for me that has almost entirely done away with the body load. One time I fasted for three days, and then dosed. That is a bit excessive though. I think next time, I am just going to abstain from food for twenty four to thirty six hours. It really, really does the trick for me. After doing it, I am coming to the conclusion that fasting and tripping are really just two peas in a pod.

Good luck!  :sun:

--------------------

May All Beings be Peaceful, Happy and Free

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
Re: Mushroom Body Load [Re: pfxtc]
    #9759924 - 02/08/09 12:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it sounds like anxiety to me.  try swallowing a low dose of a benzo about 30 minutes before your next dose.  perhaps .25mg xanax or 5 mg valium

Offlinej0bak3r
Stranger
    #9759940 - 02/08/09 12:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I, for one, always have a discomforting come up. I expect and make sure others in the party expect it. Nothing freaks out a mushroom noob more than seeing his experienced buddy hackin' up his guts 40 minutes after dosing. If everyone is aware of the general discomfort that accompanies the come-up, it just seems to make for a better trip.

Of course I always have a mindset that the come-up and the accompanying discomfort will pass in moments time. Which it typically does within a half hour.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Body Load [Re: j0bak3r]
    #9759965 - 02/08/09 12:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I feel like shit for a good 2 hours into the experience, but I've learned to live with it. I vomit as soon as I get the natural feeling to do so, I won't force it, but after I throw up I feel tons better and my head is much clearer.

I just think it's part of the whole experience, gotta live with it, and  not obsessing about it while tripping is my best advice to get over it.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

#9759997 - 02/08/09 12:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The breathing irregularity suggest to me that your response it psychosomatic.

Unlike other posters, I have found that focusing on the body sensations can be quite helpful. Especially breathing. There is quite a lot to be found out about how your body sensation and emotion are connected.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Body Load [Re: Freedom]
    #9760007 - 02/08/09 12:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I always focus on breathing, I find that if I focus on how much my stomach is hurting then it just spirals into hell.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Offlinemycoharry
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Body Load [Re: Freedom]
    #9760016 - 02/08/09 12:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

the way i look at it is its all in your head(even if its not) i never get sick from boomer's but i do get paranoid and anxious. and when that happens i just tell my self "its only the trip, you bought the ticket..." and I'm fine.

--------------------
we create realitys in our minds based on our own experiences, rather than fact. my experiences in life have been insane, so in reality i am in fact, INSANE...
-ME

OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
    #9760039 - 02/08/09 12:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It sounds like a combination of physical and psychological causes.  Try making tea rather than just mowing down.  If you steep powdered ones 2-3 times you'll get the majority of the actives out- so no need to eat the mushy remnants.  I've found that by getting the magic in water rather than slowly digesting dehydrated fungus in my stomach that my stomach is no longer an issue during trips.  Imagine eating 2 grams of dried shiitake.  It would probably make your stomach hurt too.

And it sounds like youve developed something of a psychosomatic response to eating mushrooms as well.  Maybe by trying a new ingestion method you'll overcome your preconditioning to feel sick!

Offlineheartofalion
dancing with the cosmos
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Body Load [Re: Cascadian]
    #9760772 - 02/08/09 02:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What i do is put the boomers on a peice of bread covered in peanut butter and havent gotten nausea with that. The one time i ate them straight about 2-3 hours in a started vomitting. I even puked up a still intact shroom. The fungus is hard on the digestive track.

--------------------

OfflineBrownThumb
Versed in sterility
 User Gallery

#10281146 - 05/03/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I definitely agree with many of the thoughts and ideas on this page.

While I don't have irregular breathing, I do have tendency to yawn a lot.  I also always get nausea, and my whole body (esp. palms) get sweaty.  These symptoms are more frequent during the first 1/3 of the trip, and sometimes make me briefly think "uh oh, why did I do this again?" before the trip kicks in and I totally remember why I did this again  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:

This is just part of the ride.  Fasting and brewing tea help.  Pepto bismol and vomiting will make you feel better.

Try making yourself walk around and explore (if you can).  Indulge your curiosity, let your mind wander, and before you know it those other symptoms will be overshadowed by the wonder of your trip.

Offlinepoeticphoto
Lover, not a Fighter
Female User Gallery

Loc: your head.
Re: Mushroom Body Load [Re: BrownThumb]
    #10281474 - 05/03/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I second what's been said here...

Consider fasting,
try a different consumption method, perhaps tea
try being active during your trip,
turn your mind away from thinking about the nausea.

If you're interested, try using this to make tea with... http://www.gingerpeople.com/ginger-beverages/ginger-soother-1.html

Or just add some fresh ginger to the tea you make...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag