Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineslowgsr
Stranger
bruised finger nail.. nail about to fall off??
    #9709089 - 01/30/09 10:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, about 5 weeks ago i bruised my finger nail, went to see the doc, got it drained its been fine.

Well it finally 'grew out' and its completely seperated from the nail bed, like i can lift the nail off.

However.. Underneeth its still attached at the front left corner, just slighly.. Enough that if i try and pull it completely off lightly i feel slight pain.

So im just going to leave it for now.

It looks extremely gross underneeth, theres a stub of a nail, alot of white uneven almost dead looking skin, and in the middle there is a red blob, almost looks like dried up blood. I can lift it considerably to see all this.

I have been keeping it clean using a hydrogen peroxide and warm water mix, cleaning atleast twice daily. However there is a fluid that forms under the nail and has a very foul odour, almost smells like amonia.

Anyone have any comments on this? Any experience. Im just wondering if its supposed to look THIS gross when the nail does finally come off. This nail will probably be off very soon as if i get it caught on anything its going to break free the rest of the way!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegrymmtymm
lostinthought
 User Gallery

Loc: inside your head
Re: bruised finger nail.. nail about to fall off?? [Re: slowgsr]
    #9709185 - 01/30/09 11:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

never had this happen, but similar things.
you probably want to just let it fall off by itself, but keep it wrapped so you dont just rip it off.
and definitely clean out any foul smelling fluid every day or so depending on how much and how fast it builds up.
iodine might be better to clean it with, kills infections better than peroxide.

and why dont we have pics?

--------------------
If you always do what you always did you always get what you always got.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #9709753 - 01/31/09 01:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds exactly like when I smashed my finger with a hammer some time ago. It looks wierd, but it's normal.

Offlinewhite_noise
below the water
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Tim Hortons and S...
    #9709856 - 01/31/09 02:04 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

shit man. that happened to be about 1 month and a half ago. Underneath the existing nail it's going to grow back, just give it some time. Let the loose nail that's there fall off on it's own. It took quite some time for my thumb nail to grow back but it's almost full. Yes. it does look disgusting, and that's.....'normal' heh. Just give it time. :thumbup:

--------------------
Who Dares, WINS
:cubie::mushroomgrow:Support Free Spore Ring Canada! :mushroomgrow::cubie:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies