Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: synthesizing LSD [Re: SheerTerror]
    #9657600 - 01/22/09 09:17 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think it's cause it's hard. It's costly to start up and has a lot of legal and health risks if you are not very tedious and careful in your practices. Plus, for the knowledge it does require, which I gather really isn't that extensive, most people feel, on top of the aforementioned downsides, that it is just not worth it to invest the time to gain said knowledge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
    #9657694 - 01/22/09 09:43 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I said I could make it, I didn't say I could make it for the whole state or whole country.

I'm saying to make the chemical in microscale quantities its no big deal.  Given that that's not to small with LSD's dosage being low its a decent amount- but I was just saying that its not like its some hard procedure or anything you need an education to follow.

Most people are intimidated by chemical synthesises and would think its harder than it is and also couldn't get large scale quantities of precursors.  I've never heard anyone mention the cafergot before me, which is probably revealing of the fact people don't really think about it that much.

They guys that would make large quantities would find their own source- I'm just saying you could make it with a few pills unless the extraction is problematic, but it removes a lot of the trouble in obtaining lysergic acid.

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

Loc: the dome
Re: synthesizing LSD [Re: johnm214]
    #9657969 - 01/22/09 10:45 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You guys who say its easy to make must be highly skilled chemists, that or completely stupid. there really is allot more to the process than mixing A to B. Its a tedious and expensive endeavor. The ergotamine tartrate needed for the easiest method runs around $650 for ten grams (it is available from overseas)ergonovine is even more costly. The proper labware runs around $6000 for everything you need including the chromatography. The other reagents need to be pharmaceutical grade (unless you're a hack), Oh, around another $700. Still you need a highly skilled chemist willing to do the dance. Following recipes from books is not a good idea, you need someone who knows the math too. I suppose if you're willing to blow yourself up or cause your arms and legs to fall off after ingesting ergot alkaloids, you should jump right in there and give 'er a go. Otherwise leave it to the highly trained underworld pro's.:chemistry:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: synthesizing LSD [Re: old mushmellow]
    #9657993 - 01/22/09 10:48 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Good lord, please brea down the 6000$ figure for equipment please.  You incluing a gc in that or what?

Please explain why you need to be highly skilled.  If you'll read my other posts in other threads I give a layman's explanation of the tihkal procedure- which is "mix this shit, boil, wait, mix, pour" shit like that.

Rather than opine its hard, why not demonstrate such?  (and don't even start with the light sensitive stuff.  Lights have switches.)

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

#9658015 - 01/22/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If you understand the chemistry then you know what you need.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9658029 - 01/22/09 10:54 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's as expensive as you make it but there are certain basic cost.

Your going to be experienced after you first success (and already on your way just getting to that).

Small batches are the way to go......you need an inert atmosphere but that isn't all to difficult.......I think the most dangerous and hardest part is making your chemicals and finding a good ergot culture and making more of that.

I would think that someone would have a collection of ergot but to get a piece of theirs is sketchy as far as schools and research labs go.

But I read something about an African strain that is potent that invaded most of the world.........recently.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9658040 - 01/22/09 10:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

old mushmellow said:
If you understand the chemistry then you know what you need.

No shit, which is why I know you're just making shit up- why I asked you to justify your claim.

The only way you could justify that is by buying a whole bunch of stuff you don't need.  "Um, I'll take a GC too, need that"

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

Re: synthesizing LSD [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9658074 - 01/22/09 11:01 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Why go the culture route when ergot pharmaceuticals are available? They save time and money and some of the risk. And you don't have to go through extraction, incubation, and making precursors.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9658089 - 01/22/09 11:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Well ya you could go about it that way or just make it all yourself.

You would get a better deal making it yourself and it's pretty safe to work with.....just don't swim in it!

But do you know how to separate the ET, cause if your going to Mexico surely you could get pure ET but getting it through the border might be a bit more risk than you would want to gamble with.

--------------------
Drug chemicals are going to be more abundant and survive longer than any anti-drug agendas.  Some of us are just ahead of the game, we already know what the future will understand.  Drugs weren't bad but how some people used them were and some people just were bad because they had to be.

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

#9658108 - 01/22/09 11:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, I just pull that bullshit right outa my ass. I wonder what the pharmacy college I went to would have to say?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9658144 - 01/22/09 11:11 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I thought I made it clear I and nobody else should care about your opinion when its not premised upon stated facts or premises.  I also don't care about your unnamed pharmacy college thinks.  Maybe you should ask them to justify your opinion since you seem to have trouble doing so.

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

#9658156 - 01/22/09 11:13 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not giving you a lab list, you might hurt yourself, Then I'd feel bad.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9658157 - 01/22/09 11:13 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

And this debate is really about what?

I see a lot of crap that gets thrown around and it's mostly unwritten ideas that both parties seem to have on the other side of the screen but in opposites of some form.

--------------------

OfflineSheerTerror
ST
Male

#9658164 - 01/22/09 11:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I think you should attempt the synthesis.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9658175 - 01/22/09 11:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's a worthwhile thing to attempt in ones life, to a point of success.  But for a sake of argument stupid to do it just for that.

--------------------

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

#9658181 - 01/22/09 11:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ya, but who's the guinea pig?

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: synthesizing LSD [Re: TreeMoss]
    #9658192 - 01/22/09 11:19 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TreeMoss said:
And this debate is really about what?

I see a lot of crap that gets thrown around and it's mostly unwritten ideas that both parties seem to have on the other side of the screen but in opposites of some form.

He stated some ridiculous number for the value of the equipment to make LSD.  I said it was inaccurate and much too high unless he was including some analytical equipment or something, and he invoked appeals to (unnamed) authority and some stupid claim he goes to school without giving any credentials.

Just saying its not that expensive.  And that he's not shown how it could be.

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9658215 - 01/22/09 11:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ya it can be a small scale thing......but still not that cheap to really know what you have.......but you could just do more work to be more certain instead of testing what you have at various stages....before salting having the base and that part of testing.

--------------------

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

#9658277 - 01/22/09 11:32 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

... GOOD LUCK! LOL

Edited by old mushmellow (01/22/09 11:41 AM)

OfflineTreeMoss
I live in a Fox Hole

#9658304 - 01/22/09 11:36 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Why are you telling him to do that, that isn't something that promotes knowledge or anything other than your selfish ego.

Very plasmid like of you!  I don't see people with your knowledge encouraging legal use of these drugs and very few go out and do what was shut down in 2000.........in fact nobody yet at that scale.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale