Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9605293 - 01/14/09 12:20 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The anxiety is so much easier to kill off than we initially give it credit for. :evil:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9606012 - 01/14/09 03:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Bad trips should be renamed difficult experiences, because you learn tons from them.

InvisibleSpencerGNobleman
Neurologician
Male

Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: The Centre]
    #9606018 - 01/14/09 03:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

the bad ones are the best ones, because they offer you the biggest learning experiences and opportunities for growth.

--------------------
"If it is true that the bigger the thinking becomes, the more lastingly effective it is, we must ask, 'How big can we think?' "  - Buckminster Fuller

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: SpencerGNobleman]
    #9606562 - 01/14/09 07:49 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I agree, I've had 2 bad trips and they were both my best by far. The 2nd, most recent, one sent me into a drug induced psychosis for 3+ days even. I wouldn't take it back for the world.

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: krypto2000]
    #9606616 - 01/14/09 08:08 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have had difficult experiences, especially on my first strong lsd trip because i wanted to be alone and i was peaking around  4 other people who were also tripping and i just had to lock them out of my house when they went outside to lay on the ground. There's been 2 mushroom trips where i've had difficult experiences coming up or coming down but i've always learned more and never freaked out. I think the second time i smoked salvia i 'overdosed' as redgreenvines would like to call it because i smoked too much. But never have i ever been scared from a trip to never want to try them again.

OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: jvm]
    #9606830 - 01/14/09 09:10 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Ill just reiterate and agree with what many here have said... a bad trip is one that you don't learn anything from. Fear can be part of the best kinds of trips. Ultimatly these aren't pleasure drugs, so the amount of pleasure one derives from their use can't be the indicator of effectiveness or "goodness" for the trip...

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9606980 - 01/14/09 09:50 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

there are two types of hallucinogen users out there, those who have had bad trips and those who will.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#9607072 - 01/14/09 10:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

since i started tripping it took aproxximately 4 yrs before i had a bad trip... brought on by my mental state at the time and the fact that i had been dosing quite regularly which i think can up the chances of a bad trip

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #9607077 - 01/14/09 10:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Don't combine psychoactives, stick with low doses, live an active & healthy life, have a good diet, get good exercise, keep up good sleep routines, don't trip very often, don't trip in a bad setting or in a setting that will turn bad, don't ignore insights gleaned from your psychedelic use, practice meditation, go with the flow of the trip, and don't trip when you're depressed or in a bad mood.

99.9% of bad trips are preventable.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineCulpepers
Open-Minded Fugitive

Loc: Denmark Flag
Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: deCypher]
    #9607181 - 01/14/09 10:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That's true. Not that it isn't worth it, to run the, albeit small, "risk" and up the dosage once in a while. :smile:

--------------------
"Imagine all of creation as a big pond of water. Your life is a drop of water falling from the sky. During life you feel separate and then you hit the water and become one with it. There is no drop of water anymore, just the pond."
-- ChinaCat72

OfflineTheMSDR
Wanderer
Male

#9607241 - 01/14/09 10:54 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I've had difficult moments on mushrooms but never what I would call a bad trip because it always worked out in the end.

My experiences with LSD have always been wonderful, but every once in a while one of the friends I had tripping with me would have a bad trip.

But it seems to me that unresolved bad trips are usually less about the trip it's self, and more about the person not being able to accept what was shown to them.

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#9607414 - 01/14/09 11:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I guess, if you take shrooms to learn something about yourself, some trips are bound to be less pleasant. If you want to better yourself, it's the dark sides of yourself that you need to know right?

But then again, I've haerd of a few cases where people get stuck in the bad trip forever. Like my cousin for example, he needs to take meds to relax because he is too nervous all the time. Now he's like the opposite because of the meds, zombie like.... Does anyone know if making him trip again would get him out of the trip? I don't like seeing him drugged on these meds... I might slip some shrooms in his beverage next time he comes to visit me >:D

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: Diaboleros]
    #9607602 - 01/14/09 12:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:
I guess, if you take shrooms to learn something about yourself, some trips are bound to be less pleasant. If you want to better yourself, it's the dark sides of yourself that you need to know right?

But then again, I've haerd of a few cases where people get stuck in the bad trip forever. Like my cousin for example, he needs to take meds to relax because he is too nervous all the time. Now he's like the opposite because of the meds, zombie like.... Does anyone know if making him trip again would get him out of the trip? I don't like seeing him drugged on these meds... I might slip some shrooms in his beverage next time he comes to visit me >:D

Could work. Could also set him back farther.

My friend had a difficult experience and he beat it because he had a flashback to the trip while smoking MJ and we talked about what was happening.

If you're very confident that you can change his thinking about the whole trip he had, like tell him it's not as big a deal as he thinks or how something as simple as switching his thoughts from negative to positive can basically counter the bad trip.

Offlineggpr
Stranger
    #9611453 - 01/14/09 09:53 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have had what some people would consider a "bad trip", but in my opinion i just think its a "difficult experience".  Because even though i may not be having too much fun during it, i usually learn something important about myself and it has positive effects on me afterwards.  My "worst" trips were what got me to stop using cocaine as an addict.  Also helped me get my priorities straight so that i will now be able to finish my university degree with good marks.

Offlinedancewithshiva
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: ggpr]
    #9611785 - 01/14/09 10:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Man i had a bad trip in which the negative psychological after effects lasted for eight months and which i've just gotten over. Really fucked me up.

I'd tripped probably 10 ten times before on mushrooms and salvia and my two buddies had never done it before. All my previous trips had been amazing and i hyped them up to everyone so my friends decided they wanted to try mushrooms. we got roughly five grams each and ate them at around one in the afternoon. All my previous trips were kind of ritualisticly started at around midnight so this was my first daytime trip.
Anyways, we end up walking to town from my buddy's house after sitting around for awhile, it's probably a half hour from his place to the small town near where we live. On the way, everything is fucking beautiful and amazing, my one friend starts to tell us he thinks he's starting to trip, which we didn't really believe cause we ate the mushrooms around a half hour ago. After awhile i start to see the familiar colours in the snow and i know it's on and its going to be great.
we get into town and my friend who started tripping first is unusually quiet. he's normally one of those loud, funny centre of attention kind of guys. all of a sudden, he says 'uhh, guys i think i'm melting'. i realized that since it was winter it was just his nose running, so i told him that, kind of amused at the situation- thinking i'm hot shit cause i never have bad trips. he says 'oh...yea' sounding far from convinced. we get to the main plaza of main street (really the only street with any shit on it where i live) and i see some people i know at subway that i know and my other buddy who's still not tripping wants to go in a and get a sub. i had an issue with this, cause at that point the people inside were lightly hovering above their seats with little colourful fluid auras around them, and i didn't want my potentially intense state of tripping get back to my family (it's a really small town). So between me and my melting friend we manage to convince my still sober buddy to steer clear of any enclosed establishments.
so we walk through the plaza past the beer store with the reflective glass and i look at my self and grin a huge wide grin. we walk down a backstreet sidewalk and my buddy stops us and says 'seriously guys, im fucking melting, this is a really bad trip'. so i kind of grab his shoulders, intending to do a manly pep talk thing, and say ' look dude, you've just done some fucked up drug that fucks up the way you see things, you're not actually melting, its just-' and then i burst out laughing. i noticed he was standing in a puddle. we forget about it, convince him itll be better when we get back out of town. i begin to notice how the street is starting to flow like molasses. we climbed this hill just outside town. my melting friend curls into a ball at the base of the hill and i start to feel a little pang of fear inside, just  a little one. so i tell my still impossibly sober friend ' look, you guys set up a base camp, i'm going for the summit' and kind of strike an explorerly pose. laughnig i start to climb the hill. halfway up, i look down at my melting buddy's plaid jacket and how the lines of the plaid are all swimming about within the confines of his form. i laugh to myself and keep climbing. i start seeing things in the trees alongside the path up the hill that i think are pretty cool and my earlier pang of fear is more or less forgotten. get to the top and get into a crouch because theres snow out and i don't want to get my ass wet. my buddies eventually join me. by now my peak is in full swing, the snow beneath my feet is swirling and rising in fractals, the sky is full of geometric kaleidoscopical moving colours and i see a church down in town which looks menacingly alien. i can feel the fear rising in me as i start to get feelings like im going to vomit. my melting buddy's saying he needs to know why there are snakes every where, and i shout ' shut the fuck up about that shit, we gotta stay positive'. this is just when things go fucking bad. i can only hear high pitched ringing in my ears folllowed by profound silence, i just got my lip pierced a few days earlier and that thing felt charged with some bad electricity and i thought my mouth was filling up with blood. my other friend is still sober and remained so for the rest of the trip. he decideds to call our friend's older sister who has done a lot of mushrooms in our day and asks her to pick us up. by now we're cold as fuck and slightly wet. so we follow him, my melting friend says ' we have to trust sean, he really knows whats going on'. i just was in my own world. we get back to that plaza where we end up talking to a few people we know. we definitely got the message across that we were high as fuck. anyways our friend and her older sister pick us up and take us home with her chill burn out parents in a really safe house and my trip gets better, but my melting friend is pale and stoic. we hang out there until we're done tripping then go to another friends house. i can't really convey how intense the trip was, but for eight months after that i couldn't smoke pot without extreme anxiety or even flashbacks, and i became super introverted.

but anyways now i'm better and don't regret a thing. i'm on some lame exchange program where they have a real hard on for obeying laws and i need it for a resume so i've been relatively sober for the last five months. but i get home in less than three weeks and my buddy's got a kilo of morning glory seeds and a new vaporizer so i'm ready to ease my self back into the super fulfilling experience of tripping.
shit that was long.

--------------------
"for even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you" - kahlil gibran
"all this will end and begin again" - ween

InvisibleBirdsIView
Mr. Helms
 User Gallery
Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: danlennon3]
    #9611984 - 01/14/09 11:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
In my years of tripping,Ive seen a lot of fucked up shit. but even the most negative experiences are meaningful so I do not consider them bad trips.

Yeah, I don't even know what's supposed to be considered a "bad trip". My trip where I felt the whole world was a pointless hell provided growth and understanding so I wouldn't even consider that a bad trip.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: dancewithshiva]
    #9612025 - 01/14/09 11:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Wow I really enjoyed reading that :thumbup: I definitely was there with you guys :smile:  5 grams for a day trip around down? That's pretty ambitious there soldier.  I've never had a bad trip, but then again I've never dosed above an eighth, and I've never tripped in 'normal society,' always at festivals/shows or out in the countryside/mountains. 

Here are some tips for avoiding a bad trip

1) the weirder the better.
2) deep breaths
3) if all else fails, SING (I like OMMMMMMMMMMMMMM)

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Never Had A Bad Trip? [Re: Noviseer]
    #9612041 - 01/14/09 11:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

4) If you're not in a place where you can lay down and writhe without drawing undue attention, you're not in the right setting to trip.

--------------------

Offlinedancewithshiva
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #9612045 - 01/14/09 11:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

haha thanks man. yeah definitely in the past while i've been really digging for ways to deal with difficult trips and i think breathing is the best.

--------------------
"for even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you" - kahlil gibran
"all this will end and begin again" - ween

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9612052 - 01/14/09 11:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
4) If you're not in a place where you can lay down and writhe without drawing undue attention, you're not in the right setting to trip.

Actually an excellent rubric. :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom