Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male
Loc: Long Beach/Orange County,...
The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine"
    #9570496 - 01/08/09 11:57 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--->Hey guys, I'm new to the shroomery, but have been posting on Bluelight for the last couple of years.  I see that many people would like to know the best way to smoke DMT or the best type of pipe.  I also know many people who can't handle the harshness of the smoke, and therefore cannot break through.

"The Machine" is generally a DMT pipe that is made with a glass bottle and brillo.  You basically put the DMT on top of the brillo and light the lighter under the brillo...therefore heating the brillo and vaporizing the DMT.  It gets rid of the TERRIBLE "burning" smoke taste that I have experienced with oil pipes.  DMT, no matter what, DOES taste kind of gross, like burning plastic.  However, this method of smoking eliminated all of my problems with smoke taste, and also allowed me to take much much bigger fuller hits and break through much faster.

Here is a large thread on Bluelight, for reference in case any of you have any further questions (pretty much all questions are answered there) that explains the workings of the machine:
Make a DMT Pipe? - "The Machine" (there is a good article in the 3rd reply down from 'The Entheogen Review' periodical on making a basic machine.)
The thread goes on for many pages, so keep reading if you don't understand, and look at people's self-posted pictures of their own machines.

I have used a "normal" Machine before and I loved the idea, the concept, the ease of smoking, and the experience.  Instead of making a traditional machine, however, I elaborated on the idea of "The Machine" and made a machine of my own, except I would say it's a bit more professional than a tabasco sauce bottle with some brillo in it.  My machine, in my opinion, works way better than any other machine I've ever seen.

I have had a problem with the taste of DMT smoke for a long time.

First, having a mint in your mouth while smoking helps a whole lot.

Second, what worked for me....was not BURNING the DMT so much.  When an oil (meth) pipe is used, a lot of DMT gets BURNED and not VAPORIZED.  It vaporizes at a very low temp.  The smoke when you burn it tastes much worse.
My solution to this problem was making a "DMT machine".  I will explain how I did it right now (it's somewhat unique).  It works VERY, VERY well and you can take HUGE rips and barely taste the vapor.
Most "machines" are made out of glass bottles, but I bought a freebase air pipe (usually for crack) and turned it UPSIDE DOWN, and put brillo in the bowlpiece...

Here is a picture of the type of pipe I got before I altered it.

This is what it looks like now:

So I turned the store bought freebase air pipe upside down.  Then I stuffed the top (well I guess the bottom now...the bowl) with Brillo (with all the chems burned off, it took a while to burn all the color off and mold the right shape to fit the bowl...make sure it's pretty stuffed in there so it won't fall out) and basically just turned the whole pipe upside down. I filled the bowl about 2/3rds of the way up with brillo, so that there was about 1/3rd empty space above the brillo to put the DMT on top of.

The way I load/use it is...
First I get a pair of needle nose pliers and take the brillo out carefully so it doesn't lose it's shape.  I used to just drop the DMT into the other (smaller tube) end of the bowlpiece so it would just land on top of the brillo, and that worked for a while, but now there is so much resin caked onto the sides of the bowl and brillo, that the powder sticks to the wall and doesn't make it all the way down to the brillo, so I have to physically remove the brillo now with pliers.

I then sprinkle some DMT on the top of the brillo (as much as I want to use), and carefully put/stuff the brillo back into the pipe, making sure not to lose any DMT or let it fall off the brillo.  The way to use it is by holding the lighter a few inches below the brillo, thereby heating up the brillo, and the DMT that is on top of the brillo just melts and vaporizes due to the heat of the brillo.  The DMT will then resinate into the brillo, so keep hitting it until there is no more smoke.  Stop lighting it about 5 seconds before you want the smoke to stop generating, as the brillo needs a few sec. to cool down.

It works great.  It takes some practice to get good at it, but it is very worth it.  Much easier to take fat, tastier, and more potent hits.  Highly recommended for anyone who would want to try this.  Those are my results.

You basically use the pipe completely upside down.  The picture where my mouth is on it is the way you hit it.  It's basically the "FREE BASE AIR PIPE" from Gracie and Zarkov's "How and Why To Get Off" turned upside down with brillo in the bowl, and it is used much differently than G. & Zarkov recommended.

However, if the DMT is extremely fine powder, it could fall through the brillo. Just make sure you load it on a flat non-porous surface so you can recover it if any falls through the brillo.

If anyone is lost or confused with any of these directions, kindly let me know and I will try to answer your questions, I tried to explain it as best as I could.  I find it much, much easier to break through using this pipe.  I can't even imagine using an oil pipe or foil again...

THIS MIGHT SEEM LIKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT IF YOU ARE AT ALL A REGULAR DMT SMOKER, IT IS SO, SO WORTH IT.  Even making a normal machine (like with a tabasco sauce bottle) works great.

Here are some pictures of another machine that someone I know made and loves:
The First Picture
The Second Picture
The Third Picture
The Fourth Picture
This one is a traditional machine, with the steel wool shoved into the neck of the bottle and a hole at the bottom of the bottle made using an awl or a drill (where you put your mouth).  You would drop the DMT through this hole so it lands on the brillo/steel wool, and then you'd hold it upside down while smoking it, heating up the brillo so the vapor starts to rise, then suck slow...
I hope this thread helps some of you guys who have a hard time smoking the stuff or breaking through on it!!!  Any questions, reply to this thread!

------------------------------------
P.S.  I have also perfected a method to sterilize and convert DMT freebase (must be pretty pure, preferably synthetic) into the Acetate salt for IV injection.  I spoke with a friend of mine who's in his third year of medical school, and he told me exactly what I needed to do, and I saved the instructions in a text file.  All you need is vinegar, a .22 MICRON FILTER (absolutely necessary to sterilize/clean the solution), a few different types of syringes/needles, and a sterile glass vial with a septum on top (all of which I ordered online very easily).  I am not going to post the method here right now, as it would probably do more harm than good on this forum...  But if anyone is really interested and has the brains and equipment to do this kind of stuff and wants to know more, you can PM me or AIM me at 'psilocybonaut' and I'll give you detailed instructions.  IV DMT ia out of this world...25-30mg IV is a break through...you really have to be precise and sterile when converting it to a salt, however (you don't want to accidentally inject leftover plant proteins from the extraction).  please don't even think about attempting this unless you are willing to follow safe instructions and have some patience, because not following precise safety instructions can have grave consequences...

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/08/09 11:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDelicious Apes

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: psilocybonautX]
    #9570813 - 01/08/09 01:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That pipe is badass. Does the brillo give off fumes?

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Delicious Apes]
    #9570848 - 01/08/09 01:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Due to the fact that people say you have to replace the brillo every few uses, I think its safe to conclude that it does give off fumes. That is the only reason I have not tried this method myself.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9570857 - 01/08/09 01:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

sounds similar to a crack pipe

--------------------
:partykid:

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: t00th]
    #9571274 - 01/08/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ksinao said:
sounds similar to a crack pipe

LOL looks kind of like one to.

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: DNBplus]
    #9571917 - 01/08/09 04:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

No.  When you buy the brillo, it is copper colored...  After you burn it with a lighter at high temps, it turns redhot and gives off its fumes, and then a few seconds later becomes black/grayish colored.  Burning it further doesn't give off any more fumes...it's almost like ash or something...
I am pretty (95%) sure that after the initial burn of the brillo and after those initial obvious fumes come off, and it is completely scorched, it doesn't give off anything else.
Crackheads have been using brillo for years, and so do many DMT users.  I've heard of people using steel wool too.  I assume you have to burn it first as well.

I haven't replaced my brillo in a long time...  I don't use it every day though, or even every week, or sometimes even every month....  But I have had it for quite some time.

At first, I could "load" the DMT by taking out the bowlpiece, turning it over, and funneling/dropping the dose of DMT onto the brillo through the other end of the bowlpiece (the downstem, little glass tube) and that worked fine.
Now, however, we have to take the brillo out with pliers each time we load it, and put the DMT directly onto the brillo....  This is because the sides of the bowl piece got SO resinated with oily sticky DMT resin, that when you try to load it that way, the DMT just sticks to the walls of the bowl piece and doesn't make it down to the brillo anymore.  The whole bowlpiece is so caked with resin...there's probably ~100mg of smokable material in there... :smile: You can, however, load a whole lot at once and just save it for later because it crystallizes into the brillo.

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/08/09 04:21 PM)

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

#9571945 - 01/08/09 04:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybonautX said:
I've heard of people using steel wool too.  I assume you have to burn it first as well.

You have to use really coarse steel wool. The regular kind just ignites on fire.

Edit: Actually it seems that people have gotten steel wool confused with brillo or chore boy. I don't think you can use any type of steel wool.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

Edited by NlightNd1 (01/08/09 04:34 PM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Delicious Apes]
    #9572138 - 01/08/09 05:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Delicious Apes said:
That pipe is badass. Does the brillo give off fumes?

DO NOT use Brillo it contains all sorts of horrid detergents and emulsifiers.  I believe the OP meant to say steel wool.

Any paint supply or hardware store will have a multitude of grades of steel wool (graded like sandpaper) and it is F%^&ing cheap!  Just get some of that and FORGET the Brillo!!!

N.B.

Edited by Nature Boy (01/08/09 05:07 PM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#9572199 - 01/08/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks cool but I don't see the advantage of turning it upside down.  I have no problems using a regular oil pipe...I just don't understand why you are trying to re-invent the wheel or complicate an otherwise simple matter.

But...different strokes for different folks, I guess.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Nature Boy] * 1
    #9572980 - 01/08/09 07:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #9574241 - 01/08/09 10:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Looks cool but I don't see the advantage of turning it upside down.  I have no problems using a regular oil pipe...I just don't understand why you are trying to re-invent the wheel or complicate an otherwise simple matter.

I don't think you understand.  The whole point of turning it upside down is so you can heat up the brillo, therefore heating the DMT slowly so it doesn't burn, as when it's in an oil pipe.  Also you wouldn't be able to use it right side up.  How the hell would you heat up the brillo?  And without brillo or a screen or something the DMT would just fall through the hole.  I'm not re-inventing anything, my pipe works just like a normal machine it just works a bit better and is way cooler.

This is by no means a "new" way of smoking DMT that I somehow pulled out my ass.  The mechanics ofn the machine were first published in THE ENTHEOGEN REVIEW, VOLUME XII, NUMBER 1 VERNAL EQUINOX 2003. 
Here's 2 excepts from that:
Quote:

A problem for some true DMT aficionados is the difficulty
involved in effectively delivering large doses—ideally without
leaving one’s lungs feeling like they’ve been coated with
caustic residue. For those who really want to get a 50 mg dose
or more, rather than just burning that much, there is finally
a solution. “The Machine” is an amazingly effective drug delivery
device that I recently test-drove. It is capable of holding
one or many doses, for one person’s repeated use or multiple
users. I was introduced to The Machine by an Australian
friend who, at the 2002 Burning Man, also taught me
about the benefits that can be derived by using mullein when
smoking tryptamines

Note: Having recently tested The Machine, I give it my highest endorsement.
Previously the “burned plastic” taste and seared lung feelings from smoking a
regular DMT pipe had caused me to abandon smoking as an approach to ingesting
DMT. It was simply too painful and I never got a big enough hit to experience
much effect, frequently coughing out too soon the hit that I did get. For whatever
reason, vapor produced by The Machine wasn’t nearly as rough as that
smoked through a normal DMT pipe. And man, does this pipe deliver a punch!
— DAVID AARDVARK

Machines are by far the best way to smoke DMT, in mine and many others' opinions.

Edited by psilocybonautX (01/08/09 10:06 PM)

Invisiblebenivey
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9574705 - 01/08/09 11:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm imagining this happening, and I want to ask: When you are heating the DMT while it's in the steel wool, is there a possibility that it would melt through the other side and fall out the bottom?

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: benivey]
    #9575550 - 01/09/09 04:28 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

^ Ummmm...yeah, that's just one of my issues with this setup.  Doesn't look too inconspicuous to have laying around the house, either.

But, like I said...I suppose it's whatever you get used to.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: Nature Boy]
    #9576314 - 01/09/09 10:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I'm imagining this happening, and I want to ask: When you are heating the DMT while it's in the steel wool, is there a possibility that it would melt through the other side and fall out the bottom?

No, this does not happen, but I see how you might think it could.
First, you should always use the finest gauge of steel wool/brillo that you can find (so there are much tinier holes when it is burned and mashed together tightly).  Second, the DMT is on top of the steel wool/brillo (so it's on top of about 2-2.5 inches of solid, compressed brillo).  So that is a pretty large sized mass of steel wool/brillo for the DMT to make itself all the way through.  I actually think it would probably be kind of hard to burn it so much that it goes ALL THE WAY through the steel wool (would require a lot of DMT so and a lot of heat for a prolonged period of time).  When the DMT is vaporized, it liquifies and cakes itself into the brillo.  There is not nearly enough compound to actually fall/leak even HALFWAY down through the brillo.  Also, once you stop lighting the flame (a few seconds before you want the vapor to stop rising), the liquified DMT hardens very quickly, like within a few seconds.  You will just see the inside of the brillo and inside of the glass begin to get very resinated (for me, it's a dark reddish/brownish colored resin that looks like a hardened liquid).  And once it is pretty resinated, you don't really even need to load the pipe to take a 25mg hit or so, you can just hit the resin.

If you have ever smoked crack before, the brillo that is ripped off the pad, molded, burned, and used for crack pipes is MUCH MUCH smaller than the brillo used for a machine (like comparing a small marble to a 4in x 4in x 4in rock).  And even when smoking lots of crack (which also liquifies and goes into the brillo when a flame is put to it), the compound never goes through the brillo (that would be terrible, inhaling extremely hot melted liquid).  I've never heard of a regular crack user (who knows how to pack his brillo/pipe right) suck up liquified crack cocaine.  So, considering that, and the amount of people that smoke crack compared to the amount smoking DMT, I would say this would probably never happen unless you were extremely sloppy in the construction of the machine.

It could possibly happen if you are EXTREMELY sloppy in stuffing the brillo, and you accidentally like, leave little holes that the liquid can just fall through.  Really, try it.  It works GREAT.  You don't have to go out and buy a free base air pipe like me...just make one out of a glass bottle and some steel wool.

BY THE WAY GUYS, I just recently read that with machines, the steel wool/brillo should be replaced once every so often.  So I was wrong when I said it probably didn't need to ever be replaced.  It did not say how often, but I would say replace it after using it 30 times or so.

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

#9576340 - 01/09/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doesn't look too inconspicuous to have laying around the house, either.

I really can't tell if that was sarcastic or not.  I'm pretty sure it was.  Well, I suppose the one that I made is quite conspicuous (but not anymore than a meth pipe or a crack pipe -- the other things people use to smoke DMT with) if it was found by someone.  However, the traditional machine would be even less conspicuous than having a "Classic DMT Pipe" (meth pipe or whatever). 
This is due to it being a glass bottle, which you can put the cap on if you want to hide the steel wool.  With the cap on, it looks like an empty glass bottle.  There is no bowl piece or anything sticking out, just a mouth hole drilled at the bottom (which wouldn't be noticed on first glance).

So I would say it's even less conspicuous than having an obviously resinated methamphetamine pipe (you think LE would believe that it was "only DMT"?  Definitely not, as I don't think half of the Criminal Justice society even knows what DMT is, and they come across meth pipes MUCH, MUCH more often.)

It really isn't very difficult to set up, probably less difficult than it looks (and it's well worth it if you smoke DMT regularly at all...unless you really don't mind the taste, and you can get good rips/break through with a normal pipe).  Check out the Bluelight thread I linked to above and a few replies down there are instructions on making a classic machine with a glass bottle.

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
    #9576379 - 01/09/09 11:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

rofl @ chore boy

--------------------
:partykid:

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#9576406 - 01/09/09 11:12 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

To make the concept more sensical to people:

the steel wool is like a sponge. The fact that it is steel means that it withstands and even absorbs a lot of heat. The fact that it is porous means that if a liquid falls on it, it will be absorbed into the sponge and have a very great surface area for the spread of heat. Each fibre send the heat of the lighter throughout the whole drop of dmt that is absorbed into the sponge.

in an oil pipe, you are heating the bottom of a puddle, through glass, and it is a much less efficient heat exchange, as well as the surface area for evapouration is limited by the size of the puddle.

when you heat up the sponge however, the liquid dmt forces itself out all the pores of the sponge as it vapourises

the reason you turn the pipe upside down is so that you can get the lighter to hit the steel directly instead of through glass.

The Machine in the OP is rather complicated compared to a standard machine.. and I realised as I read this thread that I can just turn my oil pipe into a Machine by stuffing the bulb with steel wool!

awesome!

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybonautX
Mushroom Eater
Male

#9578374 - 01/09/09 05:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

and I realised as I read this thread that I can just turn my oil pipe into a Machine by stuffing the bulb with steel wool!

I see where you are coming from there in a way...  Only problem with that is that most oil pipes are quite small, so it would probably be pretty easy to burn your face if you try lighting it like a machine...
Also, if it's the kind of oil pipe I'm thinking of, the tube is quite narrow...I think it's better to have a bigger area to stuff the brillo and then the DMT...also it might (maybe) be hard to vape the DMT because the tube with the brillo and the brillo is so small and you can't hit the exact right place with the lighter.

It would almost be like hitting a crack pipe upside down...

The machine I built is somewhat intricate, but creating a machine like the one in the pictures below is extremely simple.  It probably looks harder than it actually is.  All you need is a glass bottle and steel wool/brillo.  Making one like this works almost just as good as the one I made...very efficient.

If you want exact instructions check out the link to Bluelight I posted above in the original post.

Traditional Machine Pic 1
Traditional Machine Pic 2
Traditional Machine Pic 3
Traditional Machine Pic 4

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
    #9578556 - 01/09/09 06:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wuts with all the complicated pipes? just smoke it yo! :deemsters:

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Re: The Ultimate DMT Pipe - "The Machine" [Re: SurReality]
    #9579200 - 01/09/09 07:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The problem with smoking DMT is that in a traditional pipe, the flame will eat the DMT like candy if you get it too close. Freebase pipes take too long to vaporize and the smoke is really hot. The Machine is probably the most effective way to smoke DMT because it eliminates the problems I previously mentioned.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale