Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light
    #9513137 - 12/29/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i harvested the first flush of my mycobag about a month ago and never quite got around to dunking for the second flush (got caught up w exams and other shit) anyway, i just left the bag in a shoebox in my closet for like a month not really planning on harvesting again.

so yesterday im cleaning out the closet and go to check the box before i throw it away and inside the bag are like 4 super long shrooms. one of which is well over 12 inches long. the weird thing is that the caps are normal size and weren't opening until today (i guess since it got light when i was checking it out).
point of the story, my mycobag pinned again without light and grew enormously long shrooms without the pins opening up. ill try and post a picture later its pretty sick. this one shroom i have has gotta be a quarter dry easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: YonnyChimmpo]
    #9513142 - 12/29/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:picdidnthappen:

OfflinePsychOfMSE
Out of the loop for too long
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: Damion5050]
    #9513160 - 12/29/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

haha yeah, I want some pics! :smile:

--------------------
"I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves." - Orson Scott Card

Agar's Grain LC Tek <--- Never fool with honey water and contaminated LCs again!
Large_Dose's Ohmatic Monotub Tek
Monstermitch's LC/WBS/Monotub/Casing Tek

Invisibledjmako7
Antitransubstantiationalist
 User Gallery

Loc: A shady spot under a tree
Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: PsychOfMSE]
    #9513218 - 12/29/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I guess we are just suppose to take your word for it? Pics

--------------------

Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: djmako7]
    #9513252 - 12/29/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

:topicsucks: Without a pic that is

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: djmako7]
    #9513254 - 12/29/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'd listen to him...

I grow in coolers and I've noticed that if I don't give them any light after pinning(besides a few seconds when fanning/misting) they grow REALLLLY long, with tiny tiny caps... like some parts of the stems are larger in diameter than the caps, and they also grow a lot slower than the ones on a strict light schedule, but the damn things hit the lid of my cooler and started growing sideways before the caps even opened.

Not a single mushroom from my dark cooler was under 8" long(save aborts)

Total darkness seems to make them grow VERY long/tall, but also very slowly.

This is all simply IME^^
SO I don't think the OP is falsifying anything.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Offlinefizzbin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: fr33d0mfry]
    #9513733 - 12/29/08 06:09 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fr33d0mfry said:
I'd listen to him...

I grow in coolers and I've noticed that if I don't give them any light after pinning(besides a few seconds when fanning/misting) they grow REALLLLY long, with tiny tiny caps... like some parts of the stems are larger in diameter than the caps, and they also grow a lot slower than the ones on a strict light schedule, but the damn things hit the lid of my cooler and started growing sideways before the caps even opened.

That's been my experience, too. I hardly bother to give them light anymore. They'll often pin without light. I'm sure it's suboptimal, but not everyone cares about being optimal :smile:

--------------------
[quote]It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.[/quote]
[cite]-- Carl Sagan[/cite]

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: Damion5050]
    #9513751 - 12/29/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:
:picdidnthappen:

:yesnod:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: Blutjager]
    #9513849 - 12/29/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Light is only a secondary pinning trigger.  If you want a wall to wall flush of perfect mushrooms that you can set a carton of a dozen eggs on and have them hold it up, give plenty of light.

However, the foot long stem is mostly due to the lack of fresh air, not light.  The lack of light can play a roll, because the stem is growing as if trying to grow out from the bottom of a cow pie to the fresh air and light above.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineanakin3197
JEDI MASTER
 User Gallery

Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9514156 - 12/29/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the big D said it best, we want pics, lol

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: anakin3197]
    #9515107 - 12/29/08 10:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i dont think it had anything to do with fresh air, purely light, no offense RR... But in that "dark" cooler, I was definitely fanning more than was necessary, plenty of FAE for sure.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

OfflineKukukatcho
Male User Gallery

Re: i have a shroom thats over 1 foot long by pinning without light [Re: fr33d0mfry]
    #9516663 - 12/30/08 06:19 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fr33d0mfry said:
i dont think it had anything to do with fresh air

.......:poke:

--------------------
While there are some aspects written in stone, much of mushroom growing is very opinionated.

Take your time, do your research, and be patient.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies