Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejackshroomer
MACK
Male

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: Ledd]
    #9512350 - 12/29/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ledbonzo86 said:
Quote:

jackshroomer said:
:bowdown:

lol???little confused was this like a burn?

--------------------
-Randall

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: hamandcheese]
    #9512399 - 12/29/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hamandcheese said:
If you really want the laws changed hand write letter to your congressmen, state government etc.  I know you all think that Obama should respond to the questions asked and voted for, on this site, he will change very little if at all  the federal government's stance on this issue. and the website doesn't represent the general populace, it represents a specific demographic.  you have a much better chance of "having your voice heard" writing a thoughtful handwritten letter to a state rep than you do voting on a website. sure it may take a bit more effort but if this is an issue you truly care about then you should put forth that extra effort.

I agree with your suggestion to write in.  But if I may diverge onto a related tangent - This isn't about expecting immediate change my friend.  This is about keeping consistent pressure on ALL available avenues that may help lead to more sensible government policies in the long run.  Though it may seem that some question on a website poll is not going to affect any real change, it is still something that can be referenced and pointed to in future efforts to procure the same positive change.  It is a small step, but it is still a step.

Over the last year I have called and written to my representatives, senators, governator, president and various government officials such as the Treasury secretary and the head of the SEC numerous times.  Maybe it will do some good and maybe it won't.  But that potential for good is by default excluded when we resign ourselves to inaction and apathy.  What's a few minutes of our time anyway?  Try to create some positive change.  You may not be entirely successful, but at least you will have given it an honest effort.

Download the attached MP3 for on-point tunage.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: jackshroomer]
    #9512420 - 12/29/08 01:49 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jackshroomer said:
im not even gonna take my time to say why this is pointless. id rather ask obama who barry saetoro or however the fuck u spell it. and where the fuck his birth certificate is. and why hes a legal citizen on Indonesia and not America? fuck weed. its pretty much legal anyway.

As long as Obama is a good president, i could care less about his past.
Tell that to the hundreds of thousands arrested every year for it, don't say idiotic shit. It's bigger then pot, it's your own liberty to do what you want with your body.

By the way, his mother was from the US, so he is a dual citizen.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Edited by doom876 (12/29/08 01:50 PM)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: doom876]
    #9512436 - 12/29/08 01:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I don't care if someone from the U.S. runs the country or not, what difference does that make? As long as they're a fucking human I think that's qualification enough. Just cause I was born on this piece of land I don't consider myself to 'belong' here more than anyone else.

I'm not saying their shouldn't be mental qualifications and such, but who cares where the vagina was located when you popped out of it?

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: krypto2000]
    #9512443 - 12/29/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not saying their shouldn't be mental qualifications and such, but who cares where the vagina was located when you popped out of it?

Wow, you're smart for a yankee. :grin:

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Invisiblehamandcheese
Sandwich
 User Gallery

Loc: Next Level
Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: geokills]
    #9512449 - 12/29/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Quote:

hamandcheese said:
If you really want the laws changed hand write letter to your congressmen, state government etc.  I know you all think that Obama should respond to the questions asked and voted for, on this site, he will change very little if at all  the federal government's stance on this issue. and the website doesn't represent the general populace, it represents a specific demographic.  you have a much better chance of "having your voice heard" writing a thoughtful handwritten letter to a state rep than you do voting on a website. sure it may take a bit more effort but if this is an issue you truly care about then you should put forth that extra effort.

I agree with your suggestion to write in.  But if I may diverge onto a related tangent - This isn't about expecting immediate change my friend.  This is about keeping consistent pressure on ALL available avenues that may help lead to more sensible government policies in the long run.  Though it may seem that some question on a website poll is not going to affect any real change, it is still something that can be referenced and pointed to in future efforts to procure the same positive change.  It is a small step, but it is still a step.

Over the last year I have called and written to my representatives, senators, governator, president and various government officials such as the Treasury secretary and the head of the SEC numerous times.  Maybe it will do some good and maybe it won't.  But that potential for good is by default excluded when we resign ourselves to inaction and apathy.  What's a few minutes of our time anyway?  Try to create some positive change.  You may not be entirely successful, but at least you will have given it an honest effort.

Download the attached MP3 for on-point tunage.

i'm not suggest you don't use this avenue that has been presented, i just don't want people to site back and click a few buttons and think they have done somethin signifigant  to help support this cause. the people who look reveiw the question know full well what demographic this is targeted at. If you use more "traditional" methods you are more like to be viewed as a part of a broader demographic. write formally, and in cursive if you can, if not just make sure its neat.

also "governator"  :rofl2:

--------------------

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: dead]
    #9512462 - 12/29/08 01:57 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dead said:
Quote:

Wow, you're smart for a yankee. :grin:

Its not where, but who owns that "where". McCain was born in the country of Panama after all, on a base or something, if he can run then anyone from Panama should be able to.
US politics, you fail.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: krypto2000]
    #9512486 - 12/29/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

did it :ganja:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: hamandcheese]
    #9512502 - 12/29/08 02:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I feel like if I were to write a letter to anyone they'd throw it out w/o looking at it even, and if they were to look at it they'd throw it out before finishing it once they read what I was getting at (marijuana decriminalization).

My thought is just that democracy doesn't exist. We vote people into office who have ideas that go along with ours. If there is a, for instance, governor who is against marijuana legalization and I write him a letter now he's just a governor who is against marijuana legalization who knows there is one more citizen who disagrees with him. What does he care for? Maybe if 80% of people wanted marijuana legalized/decriminalized and his campaign were riding on it, but it's not, and it won't be anytime soon.

I don't really think people get elected to office based on what issues they care about. Depending on the time period there's 3 or 4 hot button issues. Everyone generally takes the same stance, though they act like it's different. McCain says 'In afghanistan we'll do x to combat the terrorists.' Obama says 'In afghanistan we'll do y to combat the terrorists, see my plans better than McCains.'

The point behind both messages: 'We're not getting out of Iraq anytime soon, terrorism is spreading, you are all helpless and must put all trust in me, give me power please'

The only thing you really need to be a successful candidate for any office:

Enough money
Choose the popular religion
Have a pretty face
Have friends higher than yourself
Tell good lies

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #9512509 - 12/29/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hamandcheese said:
If you really want the laws changed hand write letter to your congressmen, state government etc. 

send me a letter and I can toss it in the trash and pretend
it never came, show up at my door and it's harder to ignore
you, show up with a thousand people in my front yard and I
certainly cant blow you off as if you're unimportant

this battle against government takes on many facets, you need
to contact your elected reps by every channel available, a
simple phone call, a short letter, stop by his office but
dont stop with a single person, you need to work it from the
top tot he bottom, all the way to the city council in your
town and then work back up that chain, you want them to
remember that you're not going away, that it's because of you
that they are in office today and it's because of you that
they may not be in office tomorrow

Invisiblehamandcheese
Sandwich
 User Gallery

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: doom876]
    #9512512 - 12/29/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:
McCain was born in the country of Panama after all, on a base or something, if he can run then anyone from Panama should be able to.
US politics, you fail.

some one born on a military base, as a brat, i QUITE different than "anyone from panama"

IF you can't fathom the reasons why someone born on foreign land to a foreigner should not be able to run America. and if you fail to see the distinction between those people and someone born to military personnel on a military base.
(I am making no specific claims about any specific individual in case you are too dense to grasp that)

what happened to civility?
P#1

--------------------

Edited by Prisoner#1 (12/29/08 02:16 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #9512520 - 12/29/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

His VP and AG are anti drug fanatics. Does that answer your question? Look for more of the same like what we got from shrub and from clinton.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9512544 - 12/29/08 02:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
I don't care if someone from the U.S. runs the country or not, what difference does that make?

a piece of paper called the constitution is why it's important,
should we ignore one part in favor of another or demand that we
have those rights enumerated by the constitution for all
citizens, as it stands they're ignoring many of our rights
yet you're willing to trade one right for another?

I'd rather have all my rights

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9512555 - 12/29/08 02:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

whoops...

Edited by Prisoner#1 (12/29/08 02:16 PM)

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9512558 - 12/29/08 02:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

krypto2000 said:
I don't care if someone from the U.S. runs the country or not, what difference does that make?

a piece of paper called the constitution is why it's important,
should we ignore one part in favor of another or demand that we
have those rights enumerated by the constitution for all
citizens, as it stands they're ignoring many of our rights
yet you're willing to trade one right for another?

I'd rather have all my rights

I'd rather get rid of the constitution so I'd have 'all rights' and not be limited to just the 10.

The government, by definition, doesn't give rights, they take em away. As far as I'm concerned I was born with the right to do w/e I want, I just gotta deal with the consequences of my actions.

Invisiblehamandcheese
Sandwich
 User Gallery

Re: -- Ask Obama WHY he Doesn't Support Marijuana Legalization! -- [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9512560 - 12/29/08 02:15 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

hamandcheese said:
If you really want the laws changed hand write letter to your congressmen, state government etc. 

send me a letter and I can toss it in the trash and pretend
it never came, show up at my door and it's harder to ignore
you, show up with a thousand people in my front yard and I
certainly cant blow you off as if you're unimportant

this battle against government takes on many facets, you need
to contact your elected reps by every channel available, a
simple phone call, a short letter, stop by his office but
dont stop with a single person, you need to work it from the
top tot he bottom, all the way to the city council in your
town and then work back up that chain, you want them to
remember that you're not going away, that it's because of you
that they are in office today and it's because of you that
they may not be in office tomorrow

right on! i shouldn't have sold you guys short. i was merely suggesting one other way to support this cause. one that any one can do, quite easily. by all means take it to the next level if you're committed.  i would gladly join me fellow smokers in paying my goverment officals a visit to "discuss" this issue.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#9512570 - 12/29/08 02:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
I'd rather get rid of the constitution so I'd have 'all rights' and not be limited to just the 10.

The government doesn't give me rights, they take em away. As far as I'm concerned I was born with the right to do w/e I want, I just gotta deal with the consequences of my actions. 

you believe that you'd gain rights by disposing of the
constitution? I see just the opposite, call me crazy but...

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#9512575 - 12/29/08 02:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

No, disposing of the government. The constitution is just a piece of paper.

Offlinejackshroomer
MACK
Male

#9512586 - 12/29/08 02:20 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

doom876 said:

As long as Obama is a good president, i could care less about his past.
Tell that to the hundreds of thousands arrested every year for it, don't say idiotic shit. It's bigger then pot, it's your own liberty to do what you want with your body.

By the way, his mother was from the US, so he is a dual citizen.

hey fuck u . tell me why this man went from being a citizen of indonesia with a good ole american name like barry soetoro. to barack hussien obama. and why he failed to let anyone know about this unitl it was leaked. and then they made a fake birth certificate. yea. hes gonna be ggrrreaatt. and dont give me this liberty of ur body shit. its not bigger than pot. its actualy just as simple as pot. im gonna smoke regardless. if u are gonna let someone tell u that u cant smoke thats ur deal. i got my liberties.

--------------------
-Randall

Offlinejackshroomer
MACK
Male

#9512601 - 12/29/08 02:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:

The only thing you really need to be a successful candidate for any office:

Enough money
Choose the popular religion
Have a pretty face
Have friends higher than yourself
Tell good lies

word.  also why i dont vote. they are all shit bags and area ll gonna do the same shit

--------------------
-Randall

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder