Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel that tv and video games are kind of a waste of time but......... [Re: jewunit]
    #9512050 - 12/29/08 12:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Quote:

Shroomism said:
The best music comes when you play from your heart and soul and the depths of creativity and passion.

The best music comes from people who play with passion that also know what the fuck their doing.
I'm passionate about basketball, but I can't shoot a jumpshot to save my life, so I'm pretty fucking bad. Same goes for music.

It's all in the head, I would say. You cannot compare it that well because basketball is about competition (pro players are just competitive freaks lol), and it's not as creative as music.

Music can be very personal. You are your own judge.

Also, you can watch stupid shows ont TV all day, it depends of your ideals. You can have a very mediocre life, it's up to you. Nobody has to tell you what to do.

But to me, yes, TV is kind of a waste of time. Better create, to sublimate your libido, yeah! It's also a very rewarding activity. TV and fictions may also prevent you from thinking, un my opinion.

But check out Blaise Pascal's writing, or Schopenhauer's, and see that sometimes, too much thinking turns you into a big misologist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: I feel that tv and video games are kind of a waste of time but......... [Re: Kukaracha]
    #9512075 - 12/29/08 12:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Anything becomes about creativity and innovation once you get to a certain level. The best basketball teams (I don't mean season to season, I mean the very best throughout history) not only have/had skill but some sort of creativity to their game.

To me some styles of music need an understanding of music theory more than others. Jazz being at the highest necessity. Part of this is the people I grew up with and listened to music with are so fucking critical it can actually be not enjoyable to listen to music with them from time to time.

Other things, like lo-fi (definitely lo-fi) don't really require a mastering of chords and scales and meter, but just as with jazz the best will still be the most creative.

So to me I guess a good mix of creativity, passion, and knowledge make the best music. The mix depends on what you're playing, but I think too often people downplay how good you need to be technically to make good music.

DERAIL!

--------------------
!

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: I feel that tv and video games are kind of a waste of time but......... [Re: jewunit]
    #12288203 - 03/28/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
House and Good Eats.

:thumbup:

yum

and shit... everything is boring if you wanna look into what is boring about it.

creating... is where it's at... but i can be creating when i am conceptualizing how to beat MGS4 or how i am putting together cinematics being presented to me in a movie. (aka,... DEAD RINGERS + jeremy irons dual acting put too screen. OoOO)

so cooing and cleaning sure... walking... looking... learning... all of this can be done with conceptually creating a way (or two or three new ect.) to do these things.

yes... coo away. cooo

Edited by akira_akuma (03/28/10 02:54 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom