Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomben2003
Shroomer

Loc: Some Shroom Pasture
Panic Attacks: LSD + Benadryl/DXM
    #9503569 - 12/27/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I've been reading posts on the shroomery about panic attacks because I have recently been affected by one for the second time in my life. The first time was last summer when I took DXM.
I had taken it many times before but this time something wasn't right. I hadn't gotten much sleep and it came on a lot stronger than usual and lasted longer. When I tried going to sleep i was still really high and thats when my panic attack began. It felt like poison was flowing in my veins and it burned. I thought I was going to die of poisioning and I came literally within inches of picking up my phone and calling 911. If anyone else has had a panic attack you know how scary they are, especially if you don't know it's just a panic attack.
The second one happened last week when I took a tab of acid. 3 hours into the trip I was bored and tired (I've quit acid since because I've been abusing it way too often). So in order to get to sleep I came up with the brilliant idea of popping 3 Benadryls. When I tried to lay down, the feelings of sharp pins and needles came back in my body and my heart began racing. I recognized the feeling immediately and it was not only until I tried breathing into a paper bag and controlling my breathing that I got a grip. I had to let go and not care whether I died, and that's when I started to calm down.
I was just reading an old post on the shroomery and came across this interesting information:
Anxiety disorder- Pervasive feeling of apprehension. Threatened feeling, uneasiness, when there is no reason for it. Anxiety is a universal and necessary human emotion to an extent to help us steer clear of trouble.
Types
Situational- Caused by a stressful experience.
TOXIC- Brought about by the use of chemicals such as LSD or ephedrine & ephedadrine (allergy pills).
Free floating- No distinct cause.

I never knew that LSD and allergy pills were toxic. Is the fact that DXM and the LSD+Benadryl combination what caused my panic attacks? Was that my body's response to being poisioned? Has anyone had simliar experiences? Thank you.

I also don't understand why if I've done DXM in the past, that all of the sudden I'd get a panic attack on the same dose I've done before? And I'm almost 100 percent positive I've taken Benadryl after LSD trips before to get to sleep, but this time it ended in another panic attack.

Edited by shroomben2003 (12/27/08 05:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Panic Attacks: LSD + Benadryl/DXM [Re: shroomben2003]
    #9503624 - 12/27/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, that combination could easily lead you to a panic attack.
First you say DXM alone caused one,

Then LSD,DXM and diphenhydramine..

You should really look into the majority of bad trips created by benadryl alone.

Tag that along a DXM induced panic attack and LSD.

ODing on allergy medicine is Toxic by itself..

Why did you do that?

Couldn't have been fun, sorry about your experience. Please be careful.

EDIT: after rereading your post I see your second time was without DXM and with only 3 benadryls..

My guess is your prone to panic attacks, and these particular drugs made them more apparent.

My first panic attack happened when I was younger after hitting some weed as the effects of DXM wore off, I was at a poker game, and felt like I was slightly tripping. (i was with people I hardly knew, and paranoia grew as well) The set and setting for me, brought on a very bad panic attack.

I like to think that these sort of things are just all in the mind.

--------------------

Edited by I AM SWIM (12/27/08 06:07 PM)

Offlineshroomben2003
Shroomer

Loc: Some Shroom Pasture
Re: Panic Attacks: LSD + Benadryl/DXM [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #9503639 - 12/27/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The second time wasnt all three, it was just LSD And Benadryl. Ive taken benadryl in the past before alone and more than that. Idk what the hell happened

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
    #9503660 - 12/27/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I just made an edit, I apoligize, I must have read it wrong lol.

--------------------

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#9503676 - 12/27/08 06:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It wasn't just under the category of a bad trip?

I've had a panic attack on mushrooms... just always assumed it to be a panic attack.

I used to mess around with Benadryl, but one time I ended up just trying to go to bed and I kept feeling pinches all over my body like bugs were doing it.

kind of weird, but yeah it happens. I don't worry about it (not saying you shouldn't, maybe you should see a doctor).

OfflinePsycoma
Coaster is wise
 User Gallery

Re: Panic Attacks: LSD + Benadryl/DXM [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9504334 - 12/27/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

once when i was tripping, my mom called me (parents were away) i talked to her, apparently it went well (she never found out i was tripping) but for the rest of the trip i was so scared she knew. my body high turned into this horrid feeling. i went through these thought loops, trying to rationalize how she could know/not know. my "trip sitter" fell asleep on my bedroom floor. i was scared out of my mind.  just after my peak, id say +5hrs 30min in, i took two 50mg diphenhydramine sleeping pills. i was asleep 15 minutes later, perfectly fine. no intensified panic or pins/needles after the ingestion of the diphenhydramine pills. i guess we all just work differently...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder