Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Casting Resurection on P. Cyan Thread. [Re: J3illy]
    #9472698 - 12/21/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I would belive that pic. But this mushroom is a primary decomposer..Where in that pic its fruiting off an already decompose stuff...

~Azurescens is- White Oak Sawdust, Dehydrated Manure(wtf), Rye Berries, Straw, Oyster Shell, and Water

My friend, you need to do some reading... :shake:

Edited by Brainiac (12/21/08 01:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleflorida lurker
dude
Male

Loc: florida
Re: Casting Resurection on P. Cyan Thread. [Re: Brainiac]
    #9472763 - 12/21/08 01:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

ok brainiac

:yoda2:

--------------------
˚çriyt•¶5vΩΩ∑πûg§¢e§ªºπø˚m\®∂

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9472823 - 12/21/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:

What do you mean I need to do some reading?  I searched google images for Azure pics - and they are the same mushrooms growing in that thread.  Cubes do not have the white rim around the cap or the nipple on the top.  Whether or not THAT guy grew those or how he grew them - those are Azures.  And what that guy claims he used - you can definitely grow Azures with - wheat grain spawned to wood chips or sawdust of some kind.  You can read all about right here:

http://www.shroomery.org/8673/Erics-Guide-To-Cultivating-Psilocybe-Azurescens-Cyanescens

Other info from other sites:

Quote:

The Psilocybe azurescens, cyanescens and baeocystis love woodchips. The colonized spawn will also be helpful in colonizing a part of the woodchips with mycelium.

It does not really matter what kind of woodchips you use. In general the mushrooms grow very well on almost all kinds of woodchips. We use the ones that you can buy in the pet shops to use as underground for your pet house.

Edited by J3illy (12/21/08 01:39 PM)

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9472847 - 12/21/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
Quote:

Brainiac said:

What do you mean I need to do some reading?  I searched google images for Azure pics - and they are the same mushrooms growing in that thread.  Cubes do not have the white rim around the cap or the nipple on the top.  Whether or not THAT guy grew those or how he grew them - those are Azures.  And what that guy claims he used - you can definitely grow Azures with - wheat grain spawned to wood chips or sawdust of some kind.  You can read all about right here:

http://www.shroomery.org/8673/Erics-Guide-To-Cultivating-Psilocybe-Azurescens-Cyanescens

Did you miss the part that says

Many have tried it, but I didn´t hear of one person that succeeded using that guide.

Its right under the heading...:rolleyes:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9472888 - 12/21/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

What does that matter?  And yea, the link says "Many have tried it, but I didn´t hear of one person that succeeded using that guide", which is from '02 - and the guy's thread that claims he grew them is from '04.

Those are Azures in that thread.  Searching google images for Azures, they look EXACTLY like that, and one of those very pics comes up.

Like I said, whether or not THAT guy grew them, or HOW they were grown - they are Azures.  For your defense you're throwing up the required substrate - which the guy claims he used. 

I dunno why you're getting so defensive and offended it seems.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9472960 - 12/21/08 01:55 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
What does that matter?  And yea, the link says "Many have tried it, but I didn´t hear of one person that succeeded using that guide", which is from '02 - and the guy's thread that claims he grew them is from '04.

Those are Azures in that thread.  Searching google images for Azures, they look EXACTLY like that, and one of those very pics comes up.

Like I said, whether or not THAT guy grew them, or HOW they were grown - they are Azures.  For your defense you're throwing up the required substrate - which the guy claims he used. 

I dunno why you're getting so defensive and offended it seems.

In this hobby, look a likes kill... I hate to see someone waste there time and money...

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9473073 - 12/21/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I hear what you're saying - maybe the guy grew them or found them outside, and wanted to look all awesome, so he transferred them to try and make it look like he grew them inside.  It's tough to say - although what he claims he did seems like he emulated outdoor conditions, using unsterilized woodchips and an unsterilized casing layer from the woods of foliage, sticks, and needles.  Being unsterilized, there was definitely microorganisms in the substrate, which RR said is required for them.

Who knows the real story behind it, but I'm convinced those are Azures in the thread.  Not only are they an exact match to the google images - but I don't see how they could be cube lookalikes, when they all have the white rim and the nipple. 

It's not something I'd ever try, but I don't think it's flat-out impossible to do.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Trusted Cultivator
    #9473131 - 12/21/08 02:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It's possible, but look at the shitty yields compared to the pain you have to go through. Why do it if you live in a climate zone that doesn't support Azures?
I got a print of Azures, but I'll be spawning to woodchips to make an outdoor patch. I am not even going to bother with indoor. Cubes and Pans are for indoor, Cyans and Azures... hell no. If you got time and spores to waste, go for it. If you don't, leave it alone.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

#9473359 - 12/21/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
I hear what you're saying - maybe the guy grew them or found them outside, and wanted to look all awesome, so he transferred them to try and make it look like he grew them inside.  It's tough to say - although what he claims he did seems like he emulated outdoor conditions, using unsterilized woodchips and an unsterilized casing layer from the woods of foliage, sticks, and needles.  Being unsterilized, there was definitely microorganisms in the substrate, which RR said is required for them.

Who knows the real story behind it, but I'm convinced those are Azures in the thread.  Not only are they an exact match to the google images - but I don't see how they could be cube lookalikes, when they all have the white rim and the nipple. 

It's not something I'd ever try, but I don't think it's flat-out impossible to do.

Photoshop, making fake shit real..

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #9473509 - 12/21/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

These in the tray on the left were grown indoors right up until time to stimulate pinning, and then moved outdoors.  It's grains to sawdust/chips in a filter patch bag, which when fully colonized was used to inoculate more unsterilized chips mixed with garden soil in the kitty litter tray.  After three months of colonization indoors, they were moved outside.  For all the trouble it's worth, consider it a novelty grow.  If you want a larger harvest, spawn the chips into an outdoor bed in the spring.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #9474407 - 12/21/08 07:01 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
People shouldn't be afraid of it's government.The government should be afraid of it's people.. 

This is the reason why some libs want to take guns out of the hands of the citizens

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

#9474605 - 12/21/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i was about to post that exact same picture (the last one you posted jilly) as an example that cubes don't have the fibrous/filamentous veil that azures and cyans have, and none of these azures have a collar left from the thick veil like on cubes.  i'm pretty sure that you are the liar, brainiac, hehe.  Not only this, but how would you explain the progression of growth...

apparently it IS possible... why are you so butt hurt over this brainy?

hahaha, i fucked up with the coding on the images, so if you click on them, they just go to a pic of my pressure cooker... but you can see them in the post...

Edited by SuchSmartMonkeys (12/21/08 07:49 PM)

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Re: Casting Resurection on P. Cyan Thread. [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #9474788 - 12/21/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SuchSmartMonkeys said:
i was about to post that exact same picture (the last one you posted jilly) as an example that cubes don't have the fibrous/filamentous veil that azures and cyans have, and none of these azures have a collar left from the thick veil like on cubes.  i'm pretty sure that you are the liar, brainiac, hehe.  Not only this, but how would you explain the progression of growth...

apparently it IS possible... why are you so butt hurt over this brainy?

hahaha, i fucked up with the coding on the images, so if you click on them, they just go to a pic of my pressure cooker... but you can see them in the post...

Any Spore pics ? :smirk:

or they are Psilocybe subaeruginascens...Why is a warm loving grass is growing.When they, love the cold to fruit ?..

http://forums.mycotopia.net/exotic-magic-mushrooms/24964-psilocybe-subaeruginascens.html

Edited by Brainiac (12/21/08 08:11 PM)

Invisibleflorida lurker
dude
Male

Loc: florida
    #9476960 - 12/22/08 08:00 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

grass can grow in cold temps

--------------------
˚çriyt•¶5vΩΩ∑πûg§¢e§ªºπø˚m\®∂

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Re: Casting Resurection on P. Cyan Thread. [Re: florida lurker]
    #9476993 - 12/22/08 08:18 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom