Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

Best way to take amantias?
    #9386429 - 12/07/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well I have an ounce of these dried amantia muscaria caps I have had for a few weeks and I want to make use of them before they spoil or something. From what I have read makes you sick to eat them so maybe a tea recipe? How do you take yours?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: khronikind]
    #9386586 - 12/07/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think the best way to ingest amanitas is to make tea out of them, although I don't have a recipe. I prefer tea because I like to take high doses (30 grams+), and when you eat a cap or two you get really nauseated and have the urge to vomit. Tea will also likely make you nauseated but its a lot easier to drink tea than to eat a ton of caps.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9386616 - 12/07/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
I think the best way to ingest amanitas is to make tea out of them, although I don't have a recipe. I prefer tea because I like to take high doses (30 grams+), and when you eat a cap or two you get really nauseated and have the urge to vomit. Tea will also likely make you nauseated but its a lot easier to drink tea than to eat a ton of caps.

I was thinking this would be the best method as well but I am not exactly sure on how to prepare it properly as I have read a few different ways. Most people add lemon juice, but I am not sure if this is necessary also some people boil the shrooms in water, and some pour boiling water over them and let it steep. I'm just not sure if boiling them would destroy any goodies.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #9386671 - 12/07/08 05:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

When I make tea, I just chop up the amanitas and throw them in really hot water (near boiling temp). Then I repeatedly take them on and off the stove-top, just to keep the water really hot. During this process, I use a spoon to squeeze the juice out of the amanita chunks like a sponge to remove the muscimol. After 15 minutes or so I strain the amanita pieces out of the tea and consume. I would suggest doing something similar to this since it has always worked for me in the past with no noticeable change in potency.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9386698 - 12/07/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
When I make tea, I just chop up the amanitas and throw them in really hot water (near boiling temp). Then I repeatedly take them on and off the stove-top, just to keep the water really hot. During this process, I use a spoon to squeeze the juice out of the amanita chunks like a sponge to remove the muscimol. After 15 minutes or so I strain the amanita pieces out of the tea and consume. I would suggest doing something similar to this since it has always worked for me in the past with no noticeable change in potency.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I will get around to trying these soon.

InvisibleChronick
Connoisseur Of Hallucination
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington, USA
    #9386889 - 12/07/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I recently picked a few dried ounces of A. Muscaria mushrooms and have eaten two smaller doses out of what I picked. The first dose was half of a large cap and I just had a "vibrating" body high and a lot of saliva. Second dose was one medium-large cap and I took that several hours after taking a foot of san pedro cactus. It potentiated the trip a lot and took me to a different level of consciousness than the cactus alone.

I've never had stomach problems with eating amanitas by themselves however the most I have ever taken at one time was 15g, I think I would feel more comfortable making tea if I was going to take more than that. I plan on making tea with an ounce of mushrooms for me and my girlfriend and we can just drink one cup of tea every two hours until desired effects are obtained. If I run out of tea, I am comfortable drinking my urine if I have fasted and drank lots of water. Really, how bad could it be drinking clear urine. If that still freaks you out just put some tea leaves in it and put some ice cubes in it and pretend its magic water or tea or something lol.

--------------------
The truth is always hidden in plain sight.

OfflineDjoum
Psy-student
Male

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: Chronick]
    #9387415 - 12/07/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Just my way, I learnt to enjoy that orangey-taste of the caps, and chewed them thoroughly before swallowing. Then if I got nauseated I would smoke tobacco. That ALWAYS got rid of the nausea (perhaps due to its relaxant qualities?) and didn't seem to impact the trip.

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: Djoum]
    #9388605 - 12/07/08 10:05 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I think im gonna try and make a little tea with maybe 6-8 grams see what happens :smile:

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

#9389001 - 12/07/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

God this tastes horrible, like some really nasty soup. I advise downing however much your going to take to avoid tasting it too many times. Hopefully I enjoy :smile:.

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: Chronick]
    #9389088 - 12/07/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chronick said:
I recently picked a few dried ounces of A. Muscaria mushrooms and have eaten two smaller doses out of what I picked. The first dose was half of a large cap and I just had a "vibrating" body high and a lot of saliva. Second dose was one medium-large cap and I took that several hours after taking a foot of san pedro cactus. It potentiated the trip a lot and took me to a different level of consciousness than the cactus alone.

I've never had stomach problems with eating amanitas by themselves however the most I have ever taken at one time was 15g, I think I would feel more comfortable making tea if I was going to take more than that. I plan on making tea with an ounce of mushrooms for me and my girlfriend and we can just drink one cup of tea every two hours until desired effects are obtained. If I run out of tea, I am comfortable drinking my urine if I have fasted and drank lots of water. Really, how bad could it be drinking clear urine. If that still freaks you out just put some tea leaves in it and put some ice cubes in it and pretend its magic water or tea or something lol.

Urine would probably actually taste better than the tea.

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
    #9389226 - 12/07/08 11:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Please report back with your results. I have a box of home-dried amanitas sitting on my desk ready for some good alone time :smile:

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: ShockValue]
    #9400774 - 12/09/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ok well here is the report of what happened, I took about 8 grams broke it up with my hands into small pieces. Then I took 2 cups water, squeezed half a lemon in and boiled it. Poured water over mushrooms in a thermos and stirred it for about 15 mins, then strained out the mushrooms with a coffee filter. I drank it slowly and began to feel effects 30-45 min later. I smoked a little ganj to keep nausea down, but could definitely differentiate the effects. I felt pretty sedated like I took some codeine or something pain killer type feeling, also felt very peaceful and free of thought. I felt very zoned out and had trouble paying attention to things. Lasted about 2-3 hours and began to wear away. Nothing trippy or anything like others have reported towers the end of the trip. Overall was pretty fun, aside from drinking that horrible horrible tasting tea. Next time I will use the rest of the oz 15-20 grams.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #9400830 - 12/09/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Amanitas are actually quite good tasting mushrooms. So are King Boletes. They are the best. But you would never actually make a tea out of dried boletes, right? Because that would taste like sucking a rancid bum's wet socks and shorts. Instead you'd make a tasty soup to which the taste actually fits and simply eat it and go "Mmmmh... yummy!". Next time try a soup instead of a tea and the taste will fit right in there. Seriously.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9410145 - 12/10/08 11:37 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
Amanitas are actually quite good tasting mushrooms. So are King Boletes. They are the best. But you would never actually make a tea out of dried boletes, right? Because that would taste like sucking a rancid bum's wet socks and shorts. Instead you'd make a tasty soup to which the taste actually fits and simply eat it and go "Mmmmh... yummy!". Next time try a soup instead of a tea and the taste will fit right in there. Seriously.

Just made tea with the rest of the amantias about 15 grams, wasnt too bad this time

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9410244 - 12/10/08 11:59 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:

Well put. A soup made with fly agarics tastes like cream of mushrooms soup, even with no cream in it. The absolute best is sauteed fresh amanitas. Absolutely delicious mushrooms, hands down the tastiest I've ever eaten. A quarter of a cap often gets cooked into my meals.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #9410332 - 12/11/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I just ate them straight.  Popped them in mouth, the taste was by no means bad, wouldn't call it good.  But if they were in a salad or something i would still eat it:thumbup:

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9410375 - 12/11/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Were they fresh or dried? Due to the ibotenic acid content in the fresh shrooms, I wouldn't recommend eating them straight unless you're eating garlic as well (garlic protects against the potential neurotoxic effects of ibotenic acid).

I chopped and sauteed some, then packed them into jars with brine, garlic, and a dash of basil. This  makes an excellent salad-topper.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9410403 - 12/11/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

They were dryed, i got them from iamshaman.com

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Best way to take amantias? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9410418 - 12/11/08 12:36 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I see. Dried are fine to eat straight. I've had mixed experience with the flavor of the dried ones, some taste like jerky or boullion, while others taste like pubic sweat.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9410432 - 12/11/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

pubic sweat :lol:

They didn't taste bad, they tasted good compared to me 5 gram cubensis lemon tek after eating my amanita.  The lemon tek ravaged my mind (understatement) it was literally like re-eating freshly spewed vomit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies