Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeanuthead
Stranger
Closet Growing
    #938853 - 10/07/02 06:47 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

howdy, just wondering what your guys' opinions are on using my whole closet to grow with. (i've been toying with the idea of having a much bigger grow area)

it's 54" by 20", and eight feet high so i was thinkin about the idea of building a rack about halway up to kindof double the floor space I can actually grow with.

Do you guys think a regular ultra sonic humidifier will be be enough humidification?

I've got around 500 bucks to spend on everything if need be, and please send any ideas/feedback my way, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: Closet Growing [Re: Peanuthead]
    #938918 - 10/07/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I'd line the inside with heavy grade palstic, and maybe make a fake plastic ceiling as well so you wont have to humidify a bunch of space your not using. Other then that, run some tests with your humidifier and see if it will get your space wet enough.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlinewavycap
Cyan Lover
    #939086 - 10/07/02 08:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Rather than cleaning, steralizing and coating the closet with plastic...

Try cleaning the closet and putting a self-contained growing chamber in it?

I was recently inspired by a thread here called :

Let me introduce: ANTONIUS.

by the shroomery member Anno.  ( sorry I have not figured out how to best post thread links yet... (is there a function or do I have to cut-n-paste?))

She is using an enclosed work chamber.  I have expounded on this great idea and I bought an enclosed wardrobe unit from WalMart and some stainless steel shelves and have begun work on adding a thermostatic humidifyer and HEPA filter with lighting and timing console. ( and my buget is LESS then yours..  :shocked:)

If you are interested I can post more details...

--------------------
anyone have a sporeprint for a bioluminescent mushroom species? ( other than foxfire ) A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men...-Willie Wonka

OfflineGreen_Velvet
Super Human HipHop Head
Loc: La La Land
    #939119 - 10/07/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Here's a couple links regarding closet growing:

Bulk Neglect Report

ANTONIUS

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Closet Growing [Re: wavycap]
    #939298 - 10/07/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

:grin: :grin: :grin:
>>She is using an enclosed work chamber.

Anno is a guy!  Seriously, the plastic wardwrobe is the way to go.  Having high %rH in the closet will cause damage to the plaster  and possible mold outbreaks etc.

OfflinePeanuthead
Stranger
damn! [Re: Frog31337]
    #939465 - 10/07/02 10:19 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

you guys are big help! i love you!  :smile:

this remind me of when i first started growin pot years ago and I went to overgrow, hehe.

Yeah, I actually wanted to grow pot for personal stash, but I can't right now cause of my situation, plus factors like electric bill, smell, and landlord.

maybe I will think of getting a cabinet to use, if I can find a nice sized one. Cause I'd like to eventually start growing alot, I haven't grown shrooms though in two years, so I'm a bit flakey

I'll just look at it as, my new hobby  :grin:

anyways, thanks for helpin the new guy
I like it here, I think i'll stay, hehe 

Offlinewavycap
Cyan Lover
Re: Closet Growing [Re: Frog31337]
    #939535 - 10/07/02 10:45 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

guy?  :blush:  Dang. I need to stop expecting people to look like the pictures in their bio's. Or I need new contacts.

I have to get out of all of my male-dominated hobbies and get some perspective. Motorcycles, astronomy, computers and mushies just don't have enough female interest....

--------------------
anyone have a sporeprint for a bioluminescent mushroom species? ( other than foxfire ) A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men...-Willie Wonka

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck