Home | Community | Message Board

ShroomSupply.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWabberjocky
Stranger
Male

Possible Cyanescens & Azurescens from Seaside, Oregon
    #9323367 - 11/27/08 08:06 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I found these mushrooms growing in dune grass near the shore of Seaside, Oregon. They were growing in the same small area, growing out of the bases of clumps of dune grass. I figure that the larger mushrooms (the type I found the most of) are Cyanescens and the smaller ones (only found a handful) are Azurescens.

I took the pictures this morning after a full night of drying. The stems were much more white and less blue when first discovered in the grass. The weather was more warm and sunny than it should have been for this time of year, which is why I suspect that the more exposed mushrooms were lighter in color than those deep in the grass, which were much more moist and dark.

The ones I suspect are Cyanescens show a strong amount of blueing on the stems, with some blue parts on the caps. The largest cap is a little over 5 cm. in length, with the smallest about 2.5 cm. The gills are dark, with a purple/purplish black spore print. The "Azurescens" are much smaller, with the largest cap about 2 cm. The stems and caps show blueing, with a dark purple/black spore print.

I ingested a few full specimens of the mushrooms I suspected were Cyanescens, and the experience was very strange. I first ate two complete mushrooms (cap and stem) and an extra stem with little effect besides severe anxiety and some closed-eye visuals. Later on, I made tea out of pieces of a few caps and stems, with a little more intense experience but not nearly as intense, colorful, or life-changing as my previous trips. I had very little to no visuals, but had a somewhat intense mental experience. I have not tried the Azures yet.

I would also like to know if ingesting wet, fresh mushrooms produces a different experience than dried ones. This was the first time I had ever eaten fresh mushrooms that I suspected were psilocybin/psilocin-containing. Does drying change the amount of psilocybin/psilocin within a muchroom? Or are wet mushrooms more potent?

I would love for someone to help me out here. I would be so incredibly happy if what I found are actually the potent psilocybes that I think they are. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Possible Cyanescens & Azurescens from Seaside, Oregon [Re: Wabberjocky]
    #9323407 - 11/27/08 08:14 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

next time take , habitad pictures  all look like psilocybe but be carefull make sure al ldrop purple spores or at leat have purple brown gills, if their are too dry to get  a print,
in my opinion they are cyanescens , but maybe  azures too, iam no expert , but habitad picture are  esential to id  then ans specially in early stages,
maybe some  loose to much potency , but i notice cyans  give me a speedy sensation  once i try then , also visual , but  a felling of anxiety ..more strog that the ones from here wich is a relaxed  felling ...

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Possible Cyanescens & Azurescens from Seaside, Oregon [Re: Wabberjocky]
    #9327334 - 11/28/08 03:43 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

your azures are probably just younger cyans. The caps only get wavy after they are full grown.

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Possible Cyanescens & Azurescens from Seaside, Oregon [Re: thetonebone72]
    #9327345 - 11/28/08 03:45 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

...these are young cyans that may be misconstrued as azures

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification