Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Awesome Mycobag Results?
    #9196974 - 11/06/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys, as some of you may know, Im currently growing some MadSeason bags w/ some Sporeworks syringes.. Now I did tons of reading on this site, for research, and to get an idea of how much time to expect it to take.. And it seemed like most of the people waited a long time to get results - sometimes people waiting a month or more!

Well I followed the procedure to a tee, and did as best as I knew how to - but I was still 2nd-guessing myself.. That was until I woke up the 3rd after - and saw the 1st signs of growth.. Well its now 6 days after inoculation, and the bags are doing GREAT!  I'm not sure what percent they are - but I just cant believe how good they're doing..

Has anyone else gotten growth this quick in a Mycobag?  And also to the other n00bs out there - this is the potential MadSeason bags have, with just plain Multispore solution.. So if you're waiting nearly a month to see anything, youve gotta be doing something wrong..

Day 6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: J3illy]
    #9196988 - 11/06/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

... Keep it in this thread from now on.  I'm interested to see what you do with this.  I've been thinking of getting a similar bag and spawning it to bulk sub.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: Innoculus]
    #9197022 - 11/06/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Will do - I'll keep updated w/ pics.. This seems like a really fast colonization going on, and I can't see why I wouldn't be fully colonized in another 2 wks, tops.. I'd really love to have fruits by the end of the month, so that's my goal I'm shooting for. :smile:

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#9197025 - 11/06/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

awesome man, did you inject the spores right on the edge of the bag or in the middle of the sub?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: danielx]
    #9197046 - 11/06/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Right in between the sub and plastic, as far left as I could go, and as far right - I actually saw the liquid coming out of the needle, just to get an idea.. This is the proper way to inject a bag, and will be the fastest way to see results.. I've heard nothing but bad things w/ injecting into the middle..

Just think with jars - they get 4 injections right in between the sub and glass.. So with a bag, you want to use the same idea.. The worst thing you could do is 1 injection in the middle.. Multiple injection along the bag - and this what you can expect.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #9197722 - 11/06/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Glad to see someone benefitted from my grow bag pointer thread! Nice looking growth ya got there! :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: FooMan]
    #9197748 - 11/06/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

That thread was a huge help, along w/ the recommendation you gave me.. Another big help was when searching the site, Cervantes has given tons of tips on Mycobags.. Everything is going alot better than I thought it was gonna. :thumbup:

Offlinebakamono
Wana match?
Male

#9197755 - 11/06/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can't wait to order a growbag from them!!!

Congrats on the good growth man!

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: bakamono]
    #9197875 - 11/06/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, and I'd recommend getting at least 2, just in case something goes wrong in 1, or you contam, etc.. I ordered the 5 pack and started with 2.. Now that they're doing great I'm noc'ing the other 3 tomorrow.. But I was just so unsure of what to expect, there was no way I was gonna have my eggs in one basket, lol.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9197915 - 11/06/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Cervantes's posts were what I went off of when I was using grow bags for the first time. I would highly recommend anyone using grow bags to read up on his posts. He gave me a lot of good tips :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinebakamono
Wana match?
Male

#9197923 - 11/06/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
Thanks, and I'd recommend getting at least 2, just in case something goes wrong in 1, or you contam, etc.. I ordered the 5 pack and started with 2.. Now that they're doing great I'm noc'ing the other 3 tomorrow.. But I was just so unsure of what to expect, there was no way I was gonna have my eggs in one basket, lol.

How is your other one doing compared to this one? and what strain are you growing? (sorry if I didn't see it)

OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
    #9198012 - 11/06/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

my mycobag died, lol, i think. madseason bag w cambodian spore from lilshopospores. colonized alright in a few weeks. put it in light 5 days ago and no pins yet but its been like crumbling apart. little crumbs of the mycellium have fallen off all over and also it split into like 3 chunks of mycelium. iguess its dying or something. probably because i handled it too much moviing it around n shit. oh well, now i know for next time...

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9198032 - 11/06/08 08:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bakamono said:
How is your other one doing compared to this one? and what strain are you growing? (sorry if I didn't see it)

The other bag doesn't have as much growth yet, but it's not far behind.. The faster grower is Amazonian, and the 2nd one is Ecuador.. It makes sense cuz the info I've read says Amazonian is a fast colonizer, but Ecuador is just average..

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9198059 - 11/06/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like your bag ended up drying out, Yonny - that sucsk.. What's the humidity like where the bag is, do you know?

Offlinebakamono
Wana match?
Male

#9198063 - 11/06/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I can't wait to see pics of the Amazonian when fruiting begins... YUMM

Invisibledoze
Stranger

#9198100 - 11/06/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: i think i might try these

--------------------
But I'll bounce back for mine is a heart made of iron forged in the darkest smithy of despair! Alloyed with hate and melancholy! corroded by anger! oxidized by fury!

OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: doze]
    #9198178 - 11/06/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

u think i might still be able to salvage it if i inject the remaining 6cc of spore solution i have to kind of 'water' it? also the room is kinda dry but from now on i'm going to run the humidifier right at it

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: doze]
    #9198212 - 11/06/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

The #1 thing w/ them is after you inoculate them - DO NOT massage, mix, or touch them.  I've seen so many threads of kids who do this, and get no growth for weeks.  The one that really sticks out is a thread where the kid says he massaged it every day after inoc. thinking he was helping - but nothing grew obviously.. So at this point, he starts re-inoculating the bags and more massaging.. See, he thought he was helping, but he was ruining it for himself and ensuring failure..

When you get the bag, if the sub is compacted and tight, then you massage it a little BEFORE hand.. Then when you inoculate, try and do 2 injections on each side, and most importantly, don't inject in the middle! Keep it right in between the sub and plastic wall.. This is how jars injected, and it's how you'll see results RIGHT when they 1st happen.. I've even heard someone say that an injecting right in the middle of the sub is as good as gone. 

The only other time you will ever massage the bag, is when it's 30-40% colonized.. You mix all the colonized parts up into the uncolonized parts.. The mycelium take a couple days to recover, but they do, they come back STRONG.. But this is the only time you're massaging the substrate - doing it in the days following inoculating is ENSURING failure.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: YonnyChimmpo]
    #9198216 - 11/06/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YonnyChimmpo said:
u think i might still be able to salvage it if i inject the remaining 6cc of spore solution i have to kind of 'water' it? also the room is kinda dry but from now on i'm going to run the humidifier right at it

It's tough to say.. If the substrate is FULLY colonized, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to dunk it overnight, then transfer back to the bag and tape it shut.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9199971 - 11/07/08 01:37 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9199974 - 11/07/08 01:38 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FooMan said:
Nice looking growth ya got there!

If I have this after just 6 days, how long you think I'm away from fruiting? I figure I gotta massage the bag in a couple more days, and after that growing should hopefully take off and finish quick.. I'm hoping for fruits in 3 wks - you think it's possible??

Day 6

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: YonnyChimmpo]
    #9200378 - 11/07/08 04:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

YonnyChimmpo said:
u think i might still be able to salvage it if i inject the remaining 6cc of spore solution i have to kind of 'water' it?

DON'T inject more spore solution to already colonizing substrates...

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

#9200467 - 11/07/08 06:05 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

bags took me a month to colonize 100%

OfflineYonnyChimmpo
Stranger
Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #9201318 - 11/07/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What could happen if i inject more spore solution into the colonized substrate?

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9201471 - 11/07/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
Quote:

FooMan said:
Nice looking growth ya got there!

If I have this after just 6 days, how long you think I'm away from fruiting? I figure I gotta massage the bag in a couple more days, and after that growing should hopefully take off and finish quick.. I'm hoping for fruits in 3 wks - you think it's possible??

Day 6

I would let the bag colonize at least twice that amount before mixing it up, if you mix at all. Personally, I only break up bags if they have stalled and that doesn't appear to be the case here. Like I've said in the past, trying to rush it along can end up slowing you down in the end.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9205419 - 11/08/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Day 6

Day 7

All this growth has occurred in the past 4 days, and at this rate, I can't see full colonization  taking any more than 2 wks.. I'm debating if I should even bother mixing it at 40-50%.. I'm inoculating the other 3 tomorrow, and I'm gonna keep 1 or 2 in a total room temperature environment.. I wanna see if colonization takes longer to appear and goes slower, compared to  2 bags right now in a warm box on top of stereo..

OfflineP.Menace
Contradicting the Status Quo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Let Me See Potato Salad!!...
Trusted Cultivator
    #9205800 - 11/08/08 03:49 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldnt mix it if it were me... but thats me

I have personally found that mixing just adds time to the whole schedule

--------------------

http://www.sporeworksgallery.com/Cubensae/Psilocybe_cubensis_Menace

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

Offlinehunter4321
Cultivator (Training)
 User Gallery

#9206279 - 11/08/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

beautiful mycelium.

--------------------

I have Golden Teacher prints for trade, 2nd generation of a very fast and dense strain,and PES Amazon prints, PM me if you are interested.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: P.Menace]
    #9207608 - 11/08/08 02:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

P.Menace said:
I wouldnt mix it if it were me... but thats me

I have personally found that mixing just adds time to the whole schedule

Yea the growth seems to be going pretty fast.. So I'm not mixing anything unless it stalls or something.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9211958 - 11/09/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

OK things are still going good on Day 9, but I'm wondering about something.. The Amazonian bag on the left, the plastic is "stuck" to the mycelium - that's why it's so easy to see.. The Ecuador bag on the right, the bag wasn't as neat when I knocked it, and it began to get a little puffy at the bottom - that's why it's tougher to see the mycelium in that bag.. Now I just tried to pull some air into the Amazonian bag, but I found that the myc really is stuck to the plastic.. When I tried doing it, it looked like the strands of rhizo's were gonna rip, so I just left it alone..

Now the other 3 bags I'm definitely knocking today.. Should I keep the bags the way the Amazonian bag is, so the myc will grow "stuck" to the plastic? Or should I do it like the Ecuador bag is, where I break the substrate up more and there's a lot more open space at the bottom?

Day 9, Amazon Left, Ecuador Right

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9213207 - 11/09/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

without air inside the bags they are guaranteed to stall and perhaps even die off due to anerobic conditions

so get air in the bags. its easy hold the bag by the top under the seal strip (cause they can tear off) and swing your arm and bag at the end of it for like 20 seconds smoothly, there will be plenty of air after that.

I do things like this:
keep compacted
dont massage, or mix unless you feel the need to at 50+%
inflate all bags prior to inoculation
use lots of LC

--------------------

roby000 said: thats true a shotgun is almost like a college degree in a sense that if you show it to the right person at the right time you could make a lot of money.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9213225 - 11/09/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Cool thanks.. That's how I'll my do my other 3 bags.. No LC, but these bags showed quick growth w/ spore solution..

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9213226 - 11/09/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

if you would have made LC at the same time as you knocked up the bags, it would be ready by now to use on the bags so you could save the precious spores

not that spores are the best way to start out an LC

--------------------

Offlineyoungblood
God of the Sea
Male

Loc: uhhh god of the sea...
    #9214179 - 11/09/08 08:12 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I too am doing the bags (almost the exact same as J3illy just a few fays behind) and I'm also getting really good/fast results. My question right now is: I have them incubating in a Closed tub with an average heat ~80. I occasionally open the tub to check the heat and what nots. But should I keep the lid off? I mean I'm seeing growth but I'm worried about reading this post that i may be suffocating them. Any recommendations?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: youngblood]
    #9214208 - 11/09/08 08:16 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

At least keep the lid cracked.. If it's closed there's pretty much zero gas exchange..

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9214213 - 11/09/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Id highly doubt that it would totally hamper off GE, cause afterall that tub is most likely no where near air tight.

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9214235 - 11/09/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yea there'd be enough air in it for a few days, but at least air it out here and there.. The CO2 level in there would have to be a bit higher than outside..

Offlineyoungblood
God of the Sea
Male

#9214240 - 11/09/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

so should i keep it closed or keep it crack?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9214245 - 11/09/08 08:22 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'd keep it cracked personally..

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9214257 - 11/09/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

STICK WITH CRACK!!  :meff:

Offlineyoungblood
God of the Sea
Male

#9214265 - 11/09/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

i just cracked it. My growth looks just like yours so i think its going good (im on day 5)

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9214274 - 11/09/08 08:27 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Good to hear.. What strain/bags are you growing?

Offlineyoungblood
God of the Sea
Male

#9214297 - 11/09/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

tms bags. and did the halloween special got 6 syringes for 30 bucks! so i knocked up 3 bags 1 with gold teacher and 2 with costa rica. the costa rica's are the ones growing fast, like the EQ. and the golden teacher is coming along. i'd say its about a little over a day behind in growth. i also made an LC when i did the bags and i think that is almost done. I need to post pics of it here soon so some one can tell me if its done

OfflineP.Menace
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #9214305 - 11/09/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It will fruit when its done

--------------------

OfflineMr.Winkie
Procrastinators unite
Male User Gallery

Loc: mad, oregon
    #9214429 - 11/09/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, i dont really know but. crack always sound good to me:eek:

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!!!!.......................................................tomorrow

OfflineJoker003
Lets put a Smile on that Face !
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: Mr.Winkie]
    #9214604 - 11/09/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

your bags look good. just keep them between 7o-80 temp and they should still keep growing. Hope everyhting goes well.

-=Joker=-

--------------------
Lets put a Smile on that Face !

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Awesome Mycobag Results? [Re: Joker003]
    #9214656 - 11/09/08 09:29 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

HEY!  HEY SHROOMERY!  I JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW SOMETHING!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order