Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomaker
Stranger
Low dose psilocybin for anxiety and/or depression?
    #9195061 - 11/06/08 02:08 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

There have now been quite a few tests done showing the benefit in a large percentage of people with OCD, anxiety, and depression to psilocybin (just do a google etc.). Most of these tests were done with fairly strong doses, but I have also read a few anecdotal reports where a few folks have tried a relatively benign dose (did not cause functional effects) over time and claimed relief from some of the conditions mentioned. Perhaps this is a serotonin effect?

I read some of these on the web, and I think a couple were on erowid. Anyhow, has anyone here tried this approach (or would you be willing to try and report?). This is something I am personally interested in (because I have anxiety), but currently have no availability for trying this etc.

--------------------
Worm Composting Made Easy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Low dose psilocybin for anxiety and/or depression? [Re: shroomaker]
    #9196022 - 11/06/08 04:48 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

What exactly did they do? Take like .5g daily or something? D'you have a link?

If I regularly dose mushies (every 2-4 weeks) I notice a big decrease in my anxiety/depression/ocd. I don't consider myself to be OCD though, but we all have OCD (and almost every other mental 'illness' to an extent) and I notice the symptoms diminish after/during a trip. This will often persist for at least a week or 2, often for months, but it fades quickly after that first week or so.

--------------------
If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.
  - Hermann Hesse

Marketplace Thread - Looking for edibles/medicinals in trade for a Mazatapec P. Cubensis print.

Offlinetoday mylove
Male

#9196050 - 11/06/08 04:54 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

mmm not so much for anxiety in my experience, but then again my natural level of anxiety isn't that bad.

for depression a low dose of lsd or shrooms will do wonders for elevating your mood while it is in your system. take enough for a threshold dose. if you take more than that you will start tripping and that could put a dent in your day if you're not expecting it.

for the most part you will feel the same the next day- so it's not exactly a reliable solution for depression, but every now and then it can make you feel really good!

i love low doses- of acid especially. once you get a handle on how it affects you it can be very versatile. i've done low doses in many many different settings.. many settings i would never trip in either, so it is very controllable.

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: Low dose psilocybin for anxiety and/or depression? [Re: today mylove]
    #9197032 - 11/06/08 07:45 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

There is a guy on here doing a similar experiment. I'll try to find that tread for you.

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

InvisibleGreen_T
Getting to the chopper
 User Gallery

Re: Low dose psilocybin for anxiety and/or depression? [Re: maysrome]
    #9197794 - 11/06/08 09:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I think it all depends on what you think about when you shroom. If you make it really introspective and come to discover what is causing it, then thats the way to go I think.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Their vial of acid, which is on the table over there, tastes vile because they're incompetent chemists.

Invisiblefireduck
I registered before you
Re: Low dose psilocybin for anxiety and/or depression? [Re: Green_T]
    #9198814 - 11/07/08 12:03 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Let me just warn you, I've seen a lot of people have bad trips.  Almost without exception, the people I've seen have bad trips are depressed and being treated for it.  I think you can probably make a breakthrough on shrooms that will help you heal, but it is a good idea to keep the doses low (like you state you intend to) to make sure you do not have a bad experience.  Try higher doses with care, or else at least make sure you are in a safe place where you won't end up in jail if you make a loud disruptive scene.

I completely believe in the ability of psychedelics to help you "heal" and cope with whatever is causing you to be depressed.  Just try and stay positive on your trip unless you are working with small (under 1g) doses, in which case directly confronting your problems might be particularly helpful.  At high doses, you are likely to come up with some bad conclusions about what is the problem if you take a heavy dose - and you can very well make things worse.

Edited by fireduck (11/07/08 12:03 AM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest Flag
Re: Low dose psilocybin for anxiety and/or depression? [Re: shroomaker] * 1
    #9199172 - 11/07/08 12:53 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Low dose, high dose.  Both of them help me with day to day anxiety.  They let you feel more comfortable of being alive.... for me at least.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineStokeGnar
Stranger
    #18039522 - 03/31/13 10:52 PM (1 year, 5 months ago)

Hello everybody. I just joined after stumbling across this particular thread during some research I've recently decided to embark upon concerning using shrooms as a therapeutic mental tool, and a way to explore spirituality, and basically the fabric of reality (whether that means anything or not, it sounds right to me) I've always Been a fan of mushrooms, as I've  had some really good trips and have felt the oneness......only recently have I began to delve a little deeper into my interest of the effects of psilocybon, and their ability to heal, and unveil different frequencies and planes of existence. Naturally this coincides with me coming across a decent supply of some pretty good ones. Anyway I have a long history intertwined with so much depression and constant anxiety and sever panic attacks, it was hell........here I am now a few years later in such a better mental state, after conquering those mental obstacles......however i still live in my head quite a bit and am very interested in the idea of psilocybon therapy as a means to become even more grounded and in tune with the universe.......so I'm just trying to get my foot in the door, I think ill like this place, not sure if there's an introduction protocol here like on ATS or what.....well I ate prbly a gram earlier, time to relax, sorry is the was a confusing, incoherent wall of text....

Offlineralf
The Joker

Re: Low dose psilocybin for anxiety and/or depression? [Re: StokeGnar]
    #18040114 - 04/01/13 12:39 AM (1 year, 5 months ago)

you want to search for the keyword 'microdosing' ... yes, microdosing is good for depressions ... and by the way:  don't revive 4-year-old threads like this ...  welcome

Edited by ralf (04/01/13 12:45 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience