Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: xswaveyx]
    #9214438 - 11/09/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

No, it's 4cc total - 1cc in 4 points.. And as I said, the needle only goes in once, and you move from site to site IN the bag.. This poses no higher contam risk since it's already in the bag, and I keep whatever portion of the needle that's outside covered w/ an alcohol wipe..

"One spot, waiting to grow, and mixing" just isn't good enough.. When you mix you're damaging the mycelium and it takes time to recover.. If you have 4 separate point coming in, it just makes total sense that it's gonna colonize quicker and better.. Why do you think you knock a jar 4x? This is the same exact concept..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

Loc: East
Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: J3illy]
    #9214719 - 11/09/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
No, it's 4cc total - 1cc in 4 points.. And as I said, the needle only goes in once, and you move from site to site IN the bag.. This poses no higher contam risk since it's already in the bag, and I keep whatever portion of the needle that's outside covered w/ an alcohol wipe..

"One spot, waiting to grow, and mixing" just isn't good enough.. When you mix you're damaging the mycelium and it takes time to recover.. If you have 4 separate point coming in, it just makes total sense that it's gonna colonize quicker and better.. Why do you think you knock a jar 4x? This is the same exact concept..

So then they should make bags with 4 injection holes, one on each side.

Do you not mix them up at all then?

Im asking because im knocking up my first bags tuesday.I planned on one spot,1.5cc .

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

My Growlog with Redboy,Amazon,and Brazilian

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9214743 - 11/09/08 09:45 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

xswaveyx said:
So then they should make bags with 4 injection holes, one on each side.

This is where the increased chance of contam would come into play.. Every time you take your needle out in between holes, you're giving it another chance to get contaminated.. With my method, you inject the needle only once - and then move it around inside the bag, with an alcohol wipe covering whatever needle is exposed outside..

With this method, you may not have to mix which would be good.. With the method on my current 2 bags - I most likely will have to mix, just cuz otherwise it's gonna take a while to reach the other side..

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9214759 - 11/09/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I dont see why you say mixing them hurts it. Your going to have to mix it at one point or another, it will all have to be mixed before you put it in your trays or whatever your using it for.

--------------------
Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol - or THC, the active chemical in weed - is in the same family of organic molecules as anandamide, a chemical found in the human brain that is associated with feelings of bliss such as those released during sex. So on a molecular level, getting laid and getting stoned aren't too different.

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9214779 - 11/09/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

No, you won't always have to mix it one way or another.. These bags fruit directly inside the bag [invitro].. They're good for about a 1/2 oz. dry over 3-4 flushes.. Yea, you could improve by spawning it, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a zero-maintenance Mycobag..

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9217838 - 11/10/08 12:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Well I just inoculated these last 3 bags with the 4 inoc. points each.. The 1st bag I forgot to alc. wipe the injection port, so I'll post about how that turns out.. The only thing is, the bags do seem to be dryer using them 10 days after they shipped, so I hope that doesn't turn out to be a problem.. I'm hoping that they'll colonize quickly w/ the additional inoc. points

My other 2 bags definitely benefited from getting some air into the bags, and they're doing great still.

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9218466 - 11/10/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
No, you won't always have to mix it one way or another.. These bags fruit directly inside the bag [invitro].. They're good for about a 1/2 oz. dry over 3-4 flushes.. Yea, you could improve by spawning it, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a zero-maintenance Mycobag..

So its like a big ass cake inside a bag. I understand that its nice that its zero maintenance but that bag could be used for way bigger/better things than spawning inside of it and pulling off a couple mushies.Do you plan on going invitro or spawning to a tub?

Put 6 qt of that spawn in a monotub and turn it into 5oz dry instead of 1oz invitro.

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9218477 - 11/10/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

There's more than just a 'couple mushies' inside the bag.. MadSeason bags are made to grow invitro, and produce 15-20 grams dry over a few flushes.. I fully understand that spawning to bulk would give greater yields, and that's something I plan on getting into later on.. But for now, these bags produce and I've seen the results to prove it.. There's tons of threads/pics on this site of what they're capable of..

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9218922 - 11/10/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Getting some air into these bags is definitely the best thing I could have done.. If you compare this to yesterday's pic, you can see the growth in just 1 day.. And this is with 2 inoc points on the front sides - can you imagine how good this bag would be doing if there were 2 other inoc points on the top rear of the bag? It'd be almost done I think.. That's how I'm doing my bags from now on.. I just did my 3 other ones like that, but I don't the bags are in too good of shape, not using them for 2 wks after they shipped..

Day 10

Offlinesparkplug
Stranger

#9219276 - 11/10/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldnt really worry a whole lot about the 10 day wait.  I think I waited something like 8 and mine are doing great.  Plenty of moisture.  Did you store yours in a fridge?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: sparkplug]
    #9219544 - 11/10/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

No, I just had them in a cabinet.. The substrate seems drier than it was, and in 2 of the bags there's little gel-like pieces of substrate that's caught in the folds of the bag..  I really hope it's not a conam..

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9219703 - 11/10/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Did you just sit your bags upright in the PC when you did them? Or did you fold them so the filter wasnt capable of taking in any water?

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9219743 - 11/10/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

These bags are already made up by the vendor, all ready to go.

Offlinexswaveyx
SwaveY
 User Gallery

#9220293 - 11/10/08 07:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
These bags are already made up by the vendor, all ready to go.

Sorry. i knew that. i dunno wtf i was thinkin. Im just stressin over my bags i guess.

--------------------

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9220355 - 11/10/08 07:52 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

What's going on with yours?

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

#9282890 - 11/21/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Here's the 3 bags in the 2nd batch - First 2 are Amazonian and last 1 Ecuador.  These are the ones I did that new inoculatoin plan with - and did 4 1cc points - 2 in the front [left/right of the port], 2 in the back [squirted in the corners].  Did them last Monday, so 10 days.  Some of the myc. looks dark cuz of condensation on the bags, little bits of substrate stuck to the walls, and glare - but when you shine a flashlight on it, it's BRIGHT white.  I've never seen a crisp detailed Mycobag pic, so it just proves how impossible it is to get a good pic of them, lol.  It's even worse w/ the bag I'm fruiting right now.  I can't even get a somewhat decent pic of it, whatsoever. 

Edit: And if you compare these bags at 10 days to my other bags at the top of the thread, at 9/10 days - you can see how using more inoc. points just works out so much better.  I'm not even sure if I'm gonna mix these, cuz the myc is spread out nicely instead of confined to the front.  Although mixing did work pretty nicely - recovered to 100% colonization in 4-5 days, when I did it at ~40%

Amazon 1

Amazon 2

Ecuador

Edited by J3illy (11/21/08 01:19 AM)

OfflineShaggy2Doped
Stranger

#9283030 - 11/21/08 01:42 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Do you plan on opening the bag when you go to fruit to let a little fresh air in? If so snap some pictures when they start pinning! :smile:
I'm sure they would love a little fresh air, bags can be re-closed with a paperclip.

Edited by Shaggy2Doped (11/21/08 01:49 AM)

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #9283090 - 11/21/08 01:58 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

J3illy said:
I've never seen a crisp detailed Mycobag pic, so it just proves how impossible it is to get a good pic of them, lol.  It's even worse w/ the bag I'm fruiting right now.  I can't even get a somewhat decent pic of it, whatsoever. 

To take nice pics, try to use some natural sunlight coming through a window or bright artificial light. Then shut off the flash on your camera and turn on your cameras macro feature if it has one. It usually looks like a picture of a tulip. Place the bag on a solid surface (don't hold it). If you have a tripod, place the camera on that, if not place it on the same solid surface as the bag. Make sure the camera is able to get a good focus on the bag and take the picture. Any shaking at all will distort the pic and the flash will cause glare. If you have a timer on your camera, use that and move your hand away so that the camera doesn't shake at all when it takes the pic.

That's how I get my nice shots like these:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleJ3illy
Trainee

Re: Just inoculated 2 TMS mycobags [Re: Shaggy2Doped]
    #9283119 - 11/21/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shaggy2Doped said:
Do you plan on opening the bag when you go to fruit to let a little fresh air in? If so snap some pictures when they start pinning! :smile:
I'm sure they would love a little fresh air, bags can be re-closed with a paperclip.

The 1 fruiting right now, I'm not touching before the 1st flush.  These other 3 tho, I'm gonna dunk 1 or 2 before the 1st flush, so I'll be able to give it some fresh air.  I don't think it's too big of a deal w/ Mycobags tho, but I'll compare results.  There's all sorts of rhizo's and crystalline-looking growths in my bag that's fruiting, but I tried getting a pic and it showed nothing.  I dunno why so shitty looking, it's a 6MP cam which isn't that bad.

And Fooman - those are some SICK pics!  I have the camera on Macro, but I bet the sunlight would definitely help.  I'm just using the flash w/ background light in my room - and there's really shitty glare.

OfflineShaggy2Doped
Stranger

#9283131 - 11/21/08 02:08 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, don't use flash. That will create a horrible glare. Best to use a bright artificial light with the flash off but don't have the light directly shining on the bag creating glare. Just turn the flash off and play around with putting the light in different positions and angles and such and I'm sure you will have some nice pics. :cool:

Do you have any pins on the one in fruiting conditions yet?

Edited by Shaggy2Doped (11/21/08 02:09 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom