Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
My plan for my first bulk grow. (Progress report - Updated) (completed)
    #9126692 - 10/24/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Edit / Update
It's been awhile since I updated so I thought I'd share some pics.

It took me awhile and some trial & error but I finally got some results :-D

I had one big long flush out of this tub - about a week of harvesting then the trich kicked it to the curb.  I got 1000-1200 grams wet though so I'm not complaining.

I got various amounts from my smaller tubs. 

I did some experimenting and got some interesting results.

And my next two tubs (15-17 quarts substrate + 6 quarts spawn each) are on the way!

Out of my original 7 tubs - 1 contamed early on. I dumped it out and refilled with a bunch of pf cakes and cased.  It's on it's second flush now.  Two more contam'd after the first flush. 

I realize now that using a frosting layer was a bad idea so my newest batch is just being mixed up well with a layer of plain substrate on top to cover all grains/cake pieces.  I'm also resisting the urge to take the lid off. I still peek in through the view port but that's it.

I'm not really sure what to do with my big tubs after the first flush.

Should I rehydrate then leave alone? or re-case or what?

----
original post:
----
Ive been reading and reading and reading and watching videos as much as I can.  Based on what Ive seen and read Ive come up with a plan for a small scale bulk grow.  Im going to outline it here and then hopefully you guys can give me some feedback / useful criticism.

1. Liquid Culture. (using this tek, except quart jar instead of baby bottle)
1.1 - Grain LC

2. WBS Quart Jars.  (this tek, but with gypsum added)

Rinsed, Soaked for 24 hours then simmered. Rinsed Again. Drained and Towel Dried. PCd @ 15 psi for 70 minutes.
Gypsum added to grain while drying so it can mix evenly.
inoculate 3ccs of LC per quart.
Incubate @ ~75F.
Shake some @ 40% colonization.
Shake some immediately after inoculation.
Shook again if uneven growth.

3. Monotubs.
Variety of Tubs prepared to test out.

4. Bulk Substrate. (Pasteurized) (using this tek, but with gypsum added)
8 Quarts Coco Coir (1, 1/2LB brick)
1 Quart used Coffee Grounds
1 Quart Vermiculite
1 Quart Gypsum
(this is just a rough guideline for me now, since I'm doing more tubs of difference sizes but I'll keep the ratios as close to this as I can)

5. Prepare Casing Layer. (Pasteurized)
1 Quart Peat Moss
1 Quart Vermiculite
4 Teaspoons Hydrated Lime
Little less then 1/2 cup of Gypsum

Misc:

Will be using ~4 quarts of  WBS spawn to 10 quarts of per tub - layered evenly.  2 quarts for the casing layer. 

Ill be using a clean room to fruit in.  Each tub will go on a shelf approximately 4 feet off the ground.

Temperature will be set at 75F -/+ 3f. 

A simple oscillating stand fan with a 1 hour on, 1 hour off timer will be pointed at the monotubs. (fae via holes in the tubs)
Fanning will not be provided - if it appears they're suffering from a lack of FAE - extra air holes will be made and/or the polyfill will be adjusted.

A humidifier on low will keep the whole room at a decent humidity level.
(gets dry in the winter)

I don't anticipate needing to mist, but will keep an eye on it)

(the bulk of my ideas came from this and this.)

(edit/update)

I've been a busy busy boy.

First I started a few different types of jars via MS inoculation.
WBS, Rye and LC.

While that was colonizing I started preparing my other jars, monotub prototypes and my supplies.

Here's what I started with:

(top shelf = test jars) the rest was not inoculated yet.
There's a mixture of WBS, Rye and BRF/Verm there in various sizes/shapes.

Supplies:

Monotubs:

Then I ran into some problems.  My LC stalled out and my WBS jar got hit with some sort of mold contam. 

My rye jar continued to grow though and did not contam.
Here he is at day 10.

I eventually used that jar to perform Agar's Grain LC Tek.

I built an alcohol lamp out of a jelly jar.

Got all my supplies and jars ready.

Then pulled 131cc's of nice milky mycelium water out of there.  I underestimated how much sterile water I would need so I had to 'steal' some water out of my LC jar.  I don't know if that contributed or not but the rye jar recovered beautifully and quickly.  It's fully colonized now and starting to show rhizo growth all over it.

Here we have the happily recovered rye jar.

Now let me get back to my Stalled LC project.

At first all seemed well.
Within 18 hours I saw signs of life - within 6 days I had a dozen little fluff balls that liked to all clump together at the bottom.

But then it stopped growing

After a few hours of searching 'stalled lc' I determined that my problem lie in a lack of gas exchange.  My jar had no air holes.    So the first thing I did was injected 10cc's of air and suck out what little mycelium had grown.

I managed to get 6 cc's out of clumpy mycelium.

I injected this into a few jars to see if it was viable or not.

Here they are about 12 days later:

(the one on the right is going to be my next grain lc victim, so I left it low to make it easy)

The 10 cc's of air seemed to provoke a little growth and the growth seemed healthy so I left it be for awhile.

When I had to steal some of the water out for my Grain LC  I had to inject alot of air; 90ccs or so all flame sterilized of course in order to balance the pressure.  The very next day I had a clump of mycelium the size of a quarter when the day before all I had was a few micro fluff balls.

I waited another day and sucked all the mycelium I could catch out and gave it some more air.  I used that 12 or so cc's of clump to start another batch of jars.

Here they are, 3 days later:

The next day, I used the LC again (2 days ago)
Here's the LC today:

So, remember, your LC NEEDS GAS EXCHANGE!

Now back to the Grain LC project.

36 hours after inoculating I saw the first specks of life:

Here's my BRF jars (day 6)

Notice this fella - 16 ounce plastic ziplock twist n loc container.

The entire top of the jar is colonized with thick, fluffy cottony mycelium around 1/2 inch thick.  It's snaking its way down the sides pretty quick too. I did not use a dry verm layer on that jar since I had to cook it sideways.
Note: to anybody else who uses these jars. MELT holes in the lid - don't drill or hammer.  Glass jars are better but in a pinch these will work.

Shelf 1 - Day 6

Shelf 2 - Day 6

The jars on the left are actually more colonized then the jars on the right but they were not colonizing evenly so I gave them a good shake.

After inoculating I shook them all pretty well.  Most are colonizing evenly but the ones that didn't I shook again around 40% colonization.

I've lost a few jars to contams (10% rate or so).  I attribute this to 3 factors (in order).

1. Shitty filters - was just using micropore tape (getting tyvek for the next round).  I noticed most of my contams started growing directly under where my filters where. 
2. Contam source - After identifying and reading up on my contams I realized the source - I left the half full bag of WBS sitting next to my damn jars this whole time!  Never even thought about it being a source of contams.  It's moved now and a room sterilization is due shortly.
3. Lack of Flow Hood / Glovebox use. 

I did *most* of my inoculations  open air. I did however, clean the room and neighboring rooms with hospital grade disenfectant. Sprayed Oust before and occasionally during procedures.
Took a shower, mouth washed, put on freshly washed long sleeve clothes.  Red hot flame singed + alcohol wipe downs between jars and changed needles/syringes between sets.
I also made sure never to touch the needle or jar lids etc. and I tried to keep my hands from being over top of anything important.

So thats all for now.  I'll update this again in a week or two.  I hope some noobs can learn a thing or two from my trials and tribulations and I'd like to thank everybody who has helped me out so far  :-D

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

Edited by Spongiform (01/06/09 05:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNorton
Semi-Newbie
Female
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: Spongiform]
    #9126730 - 10/24/08 12:36 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I thought that monotubs are not meant to be opened unless you are applying your casing layer, or harvesting. Isn't it supposed to maintain proper humidity and FAE without misting or fanning?

Offlinealtered reality
Stranger

#9126747 - 10/24/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think that using your entire room to contain 90+ humidity that may cause you a lot of problems. If you have dry wall you'll probably end up doing some significant damage to your place.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: altered reality]
    #9126754 - 10/24/08 12:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

According to RR 80% humidity (in the tub) is optimal so I figure 60-70% in the room will be sufficient.

And I choose the monotub method because you don't have to or need to do much to it once it is set up.  I don't think I'll need to mist or fan often or at all but I'll be ready to incase it needs it.

Edited by Spongiform (10/24/08 02:32 PM)

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9132346 - 10/25/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Here's my 'grow room' as of now.  Got some more work to do but it's a start. 

So, is there anything fundamentally wrong with my plan?  My recipes out of whack or anything I change to make it better or easier?

Offlinedob
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9132378 - 10/25/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This just makes me more excited for my long-awaited first grow.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: dob]
    #9132398 - 10/25/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I can just picture in my head, that entire white shelf loaded with  jars in various stages of colonization one day. :-D

Offlinedob
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9132418 - 10/25/08 03:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

The idea of myself having bulk grows turns me on.:)

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9158620 - 10/30/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Will be using 4 quarts of  WBS spawn to 10 quarts of spawn per tub - layered evenly.  2 quarts for the casing layer.

I don't know if I am reading this incorrectly but do you want to put spawn in your casing layer? Your casing layer only provides humidity to the mycelium inside the substrate, it should not contain mycelium, which is why we make it non nutritious.

Quote:

A 3.2 gallon cool mist humidifier will keep the whole room at a decent humidity level.

Why? What is your reason for doing this? (ps, your ideas links don't work, they send back to this post)

You seem to have done a lot of research and it looks like you understand the processes. The problem though is that this isn't like chemistry, where if you follow instructions it will always work. It's more like cooking, where you may mix all your cake ingredients perfectly but it may still go wrong.
Until you get a feel of what your dough/cake mix should look like you won't get the cake right every single time: Maybe you have to add less eggs or water because the mix doesn't look right. The same happens with this hobby.
Until you get a feel for what things should really look like you won't be able to correct them in time, before they mean a complete failure of your grow.

What I mean to say by this is that if you are lucky and get everything right you will have an amazing experience under your belt but there is a considerable risk of you judging something wrong out of lack of experience, and it all turning out catastrophically.

You are trying to make a wedding cake before you have even learnt to bake a loaf of white bread.

You should be prepared mentally for the fact it might not turn out great first time. Maybe practicing first on smaller scale grows would give you valuable experience. If even so you intend to go ahead make sure you follow instructions very very exactly and ask questions along the way. 

After each step, ask on here: Does this look OK? because you won't know yourself, out of previous experience, what it should look like, and you'd go on to the next step with bad base materials (= disaster)

Each extra step that is unknown to you increases risk. For example, if you have never done a LC before, maybe it would be better to just inject your WBS jars directly with spores. It will give you the same result but you will have one less thing that can go wrong (all you'll need is a bit more spores, but the cost, especially in time, is nothing compared to having to chuck out pounds of grain and coir because your LC got contaminated at the start).

But the procedure you describe is basically ok. I like the incubating at lower temps than most people use, as higher temps mean higher risk of contamination. With using your temps you will colonize a bit slower but with less risk, and you also have a bit of a buffer if your temps  suddenly increase 5F for some reason.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

OfflineAmbience
Ex-Consumer/Producer
Male

Loc: USA
    #9158759 - 10/30/08 11:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
Ive been reading and reading and reading and watching videos as much as I can.  Based on what Ive seen and read Ive come up with a plan for a small scale bulk grow.  Im going to outline it here and then hopefully you guys can give me some feedback / useful criticism.

1. Liquid Culture. (using this tek, except quart jar instead of baby bottle)

2. WBS Quart Jars.  (this tek, but with gypsum added)

Rinsed, Soaked for 24 hours then simmered. Rinsed Again. Drained and Towel Dried. PCd @ 15 psi for 70 minutes.
1 Pinch of gypsum added to each jar prior PC.
inoculate 2ccs of LC each.
Incubate @ 65 - 75F.
Shake once at 20-25% colonzation.

3. Monotubs.
40 Quart plastic tubs /w lids.  1.5 inch holes drilled slightly around halfway up approximately every 10 inches.  Covered with 2" micropore tape.

4. Bulk Substrate. (Pasteurized) (using this tek, but with gypsum added)
8 Quarts Coco Coir (1, 1.5lb brick)
1 Quart used Coffee Grounds
1 Quart Vermiculite
1 Quart Gypsum

5. Prepare Casing Layer. (Pasteurized)
1 Quart Peat Moss
1 Quart Vermiculite
4 Teaspoons Hydrated Lime
Little less then 1/2 cup of Gypsum

Misc:

Will be using 4 quarts of  WBS spawn to 10 quarts of spawn per tub - layered evenly.  2 quarts for the casing layer. 

Ill be using a clean room to fruit in.  Each tub will go on a shelf approximately 4 feet off the ground.

Temperature will be set at 65-70f. 

A simple oscillating stand fan with a 1 hour on, 1 hour off timer will be pointed at the monotubs. (fae via holes in the tubs)
Fanning will be provided once a day in addition to the automatic fan.

A 3.2 gallon cool mist humidifier will keep the whole room at a decent humidity level. 

I dont anticipate needing to mist, but if the humidity isnt high enough then I will. 

So how's my plan look? I plan on doing 2 or 3 tubs my first time around.

(the bulk of my ideas came from this and this.)

1. From my experience, liquid cultures are not prime for quart jars. It could take weeks to find out if your liquid culture contaminated. Then you'd have to start over again.

2. Keep the room around 78 degrees, jars grow best around 80. I shake my jars at 33-40%. I used to shake them at 20% and I got a lot of stalled jars.

3. That's fine but I make small holes all over the tub and mist/fan daily instead of using a humidifier and a fan.

4. I've only done straw as a substrate so I don't know about this one.

5. Never done a casing.

Everything else looks good to me.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: Nibin]
    #9161540 - 10/30/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Now this is exactly why I posted this here.  I'm quite aware that I'm new at this and have ALOT to learn. That being said I'm ready to dive right in and get started :-D

Quote:

Nibin:
I don't know if I am reading this incorrectly but do you want to put spawn in your casing layer? Your casing layer only provides humidity to the mycelium inside the substrate, it should not contain mycelium, which is why we make it non nutritious.

That was a typo. I meant that I plan on using 4 Quarts of WBS to spawn into around 10 Quarts of spawn.  That ratio isn't set in stone by any means, I'm considering using a higher ratio (more WBS)  so it colonizes faster. 

---------

Quote:

Why? What is your reason for doing this? (ps, your ideas links don't work, they send back to this post)

By the time I'm ready to fruit (if all goes well) It'll be mid winter here and VERY dry.  RH in my house will be around 30%. 
I decided to go with monotubs because they have the least amount of maintenance.  The TEK I'm using for inspiration only used a small fan + monotubs for air flow and seemed to have good results.  However, since it'll be dry as a desert in here by then, I figured I better put a humidifier in the room so it doesn't get too dry. 

I have no idea what happened to the links, they worked fine when I posted it but they're fixed now.

----------

Quote:

What I mean to say by this is that if you are lucky and get everything right you will have an amazing experience under your belt but there is a considerable risk of you judging something wrong out of lack of experience, and it all turning out catastrophically.

You are trying to make a wedding cake before you have even learnt to bake a loaf of white bread.

You should be prepared mentally for the fact it might not turn out great first time. Maybe practicing first on smaller scale grows would give you valuable experience. If even so you intend to go ahead make sure you follow instructions very very exactly and ask questions along the way.

That's the main reason I posted this to begin with - to help ensure this goes smoothly as possible.

I've also purchased enough materials to repeat this  process several times if something goes wrong (or even if it doesn't :laugh:)

--------
Quote:

But the procedure you describe is basically ok. I like the incubating at lower temps than most people use, as higher temps mean higher risk of contamination. With using your temps you will colonize a bit slower but with less risk, and you also have a bit of a buffer if your temps  suddenly increase 5F for some reason.

The mushroom room as I call it has been holding steady in the 67-72 range.  I'll be monitoring it daily to make sure it can hold steady.

-----

Quote:

Each extra step that is unknown to you increases risk. For example, if you have never done a LC before, maybe it would be better to just inject your WBS jars directly with spores. It will give you the same result but you will have one less thing that can go wrong (all you'll need is a bit more spores, but the cost, especially in time, is nothing compared to having to chuck out pounds of grain and coir because your LC got contaminated at the start).

LC's are very new to me.  Based on what you've said.  I'll prepare 2 LC's (separately) and also innoc a jar or two.  This way I can use LC or G-2-G (or practice doing both).  I believe I've got it down though.  4% sugar solution, PC'd for 10 mins. Any longer and it caramelizes.  (see the quart jar of LC in my pics down below)

I'll have a bunch of extra jars soon I can use to experiment with and plenty of WBS. 

--

Ok, here's an update on my progress.

I spent a few days  practicing doing WBS jars and initially had trouble with the moisture but now I believe I have it down pat.

I've got all or most the supplies I need on hand and ready to go.  I've also got my 'clean' room about as clean as it's going to get (scrubbed every last inch, twice.) and have everything nice and organized.

However, I made the mistake of purchasing my syringe from the sporestore and nothing I've inoculated (2 BRF, 2 LC, 1 Rye, 1 WBS) has done SQUAT :-(
Doesn't look like anything got contaim'd but just the spores don't seem like they want to germinate.

Judging by all the negative feedback on them I went ahead and ordered a new syringe (surprise me strain!) from sporeworks so I'm just waiting on that. 

Here's some pics of my setup.

Prepared monotubs:

5 1 - 1.5 inch holes on each side plus one on each end.  Covered with micropore tape and secured via packing tape.

Mushroom room

And here's my glove box ->

Have to settle with 'food service' gloves for now, all I could get ahold of :-D

Now, please don't stop now..  If anything I'm doing is wrong let me know why!

The Tek/grow log I'm using as inspiration didn't mist at all and only fanned occasionally (every other day at best).  FAE was achieved via a regular old fan + air holes.

Is there any reason why that won't work for me?  I'm prepared to fan/mist of course but only if it's needed.

~
Spongiform

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
    #9161841 - 10/30/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
That was a typo. I meant that I plan on using 4 Quarts of WBS to spawn into around 10 Quarts of spawn.  That ratio isn't set in stone by any means, I'm considering using a higher ratio (more WBS)  so it colonizes faster.

Still doesn't make sense. I think you mean 4 qts of wbs to spawn 10 qts of substrate. I wouldn't go any higher. Personally I think more than 1:3 is a waste. That should fully colonise in 10 days tops. How much faster d'you want?

Quote:

Spongiform said:
By the time I'm ready to fruit (if all goes well) It'll be mid winter here and VERY dry.  RH in my house will be around 30%. 
I decided to go with monotubs because they have the least amount of maintenance.  The TEK I'm using for inspiration only used a small fan + monotubs for air flow and seemed to have good results.  However, since it'll be dry as a desert in here by then, I figured I better put a humidifier in the room so it doesn't get too dry.

Ambient RH is unrelated to RH inside the monotubs. There's no point trying to increase the humidity in your mushroom room.

Don't let people put you off LC. My first successful grow was with LC. As long as you do a test jar and always flame sterilise before aspirating more LC, there's not reason for it to get infected. I haven't read your tek but I recommend a silicone injection point and no filter. With a sporeworks syringe to inoculate the LC you almost can't go wrong.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: roquet]
    #9162418 - 10/31/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Still doesn't make sense. I think you mean 4 qts of wbs to spawn 10 qts of substrate. I wouldn't go any higher. Personally I think more than 1:3 is a waste. That should fully colonise in 10 days tops. How much faster d'you want?

You're right, that's exactly what I meant.  Still getting used to the terms and abbreviations here.

I hadn't really decided on that, still need to research it and and ponder it.  I'm thinking no less then 1:4 and no more then 1:1.

I'm not sure how much difference it'll make it colonization time / risk of contaim but I've got a couple weeks to read up on that :-D

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: roquet]
    #9163081 - 10/31/08 06:12 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

roquet said:
Ambient RH is unrelated to RH inside the monotubs. There's no point trying to increase the humidity in your mushroom room.

It will tend to dry his substrate a bit quiquer as more water will have to evaporate to keep up that humidity.

As long as he is using the humidifier to keep the humidity up in the 50-60 s I don't see why he shouldn't do it. I wouldn't try and keep my room in the 90s though, you'd be promoting lots of mold growth etc.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: Nibin]
    #9163090 - 10/31/08 06:17 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Definatly dont get the rooms humidity above 60%. My flat has some dampness problems, bedroom rh is above 70, combines with the outside wall being cold, condensation, bloody mould.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9165046 - 10/31/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

In the spring/summer/early fall I have to run two dehumidifiers 24/7 and a third on 'medium' to keep moisture under control in this house.  Otherwise all the closets/corners will mold.

In the winter, it's dry as a bone and you have to run humidifiers to keep it comfortable.

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9205943 - 11/08/08 06:37 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm behind schedule - I made the noob mistake of ordering a syringe from a non-sponsor and nothing I inoculated turned out good.

So I (awhile ago) reordered from a sponsor and got back on track.

Here's a closeup WBS jar 36 hours after inoculation.
I put about 1/3 cc on 4 sides of the jar.  I'm seeing a little growth at each point and took pics of the best 2.

PS: I wanted to leave this at full zoom so I didn't upload to the forum, sorry if it mangles your bandwidth :-D

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9324427 - 11/27/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Updated! I've been busy :-D

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central, Oregon {represen...
    #9324701 - 11/27/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

good post cant wait to see what ya do.:shemalegremlin:

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Blurring the line between reality and dreams
Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: 4 ho cultivar]
    #9324820 - 11/27/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Not trying to shit on your parade, but I am... :lol: You have pictures of USPS (Government supplies) being misappropriationaly used. I'm sure the government REALLY doesn't like there supplies being used to cultivate shrooms... Stuff like what your demonstrating can even have this very sight in trouble...

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: Boris]
    #9324875 - 11/27/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think the packing tape qualifies.  Only reason I got ahold of it was because it got wet in a flood so they threw it out.  I picked it up and once it dried out, still worked fine, so meh :-D

Offlinefermopagus
Mind Melder
 User Gallery

#9324925 - 11/27/08 11:10 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

on your first post when you talk about contams, is that cobweb mold in the picture of the rye berries?  i thought cobweb mold occurred on casings...?  i'm a newbie so i don't really know...

--------------------

Why didn't anybody tell me tasty things tasted so good?!?!?  -Bender

Shine on you crazy diamond... -Pink Floyd

***All posts, pictures, and references are fictional***

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: fermopagus]
    #9325063 - 11/27/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

It looks alot like cobweb mold but it's hard to say for sure. I've gotten a couple different types of contams so far.

Some green mold, black bread mold, some crazy species of Aspergillus and I still don't know what that grey fuzzy mold is.  I've got it taped up and ziplocked waiting to see if it'll sporulate for an ID.

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9326864 - 11/28/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spongiform said:
I don't think the packing tape qualifies.  Only reason I got ahold of it was because it got wet in a flood so they threw it out.  I picked it up and once it dried out, still worked fine, so meh :-D

I once posted a pic of a tyvek envelope, just a picture, nothings was being done with the envelope... and RR got pissed and closed the post. He said that:

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
I have repeatedly shut down threads that publicize the misuse of US government property on the website.  Such can get the shroomery shut down. There are federal agents that frequent this site. You even posted a picture of the envelopes.

The majority of members here are highly educated professionals who have an interest in exploring our minds, not getting high.

Sorry to be so tough.  I felt bad later, but I've shut down so many of those posts, that you have to have seen them.
RR

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9327868 - 11/28/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

I'll edit my pictures to remove anything incriminating then, I doubt anybody but you noticed it though :-D

--------------------

OfflineBoris
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9328623 - 11/28/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Could possibly pull them up on MS paint and like,... use the spray paint can to edit/cover up the logos. :shrug:

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9331254 - 11/29/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Ms paint?! No way, photoshop ftw :-D

Quick n Dirty ->

--------------------

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #9558910 - 01/06/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Updated and finalized.

I hit alot of road bumps, but I didn't give up and things worked out pretty well considering I didn't have an f'ing clue what I was doing when I started :-D

--------------------

Offlinexbrutalx233
Learner
Male

Loc: Planet X
    #9559452 - 01/06/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Good Job man,  I was wondering how the tubs with the vent things in them would turn out. good job man

--------------------
:mushroom2:

I do not grow anything that is illegal... Everything is of the legal variety... if someone mentions any illegal activity it isn't me...

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My plan for my first bulk grow. [Re: xbrutalx233]
    #9559571 - 01/06/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm testing out the 2" vents now.  I think I came up with a good setup.  2" vent + polyfill (with 2 slivers of tape to hold the polyfill in) once it's ready to fruit remove the polyfill.

I know you could just skip the vents and just use polyfill, but they look nice!

--------------------

Offlinexbrutalx233
Learner
Male

Loc: Planet X
    #9562677 - 01/07/09 05:58 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeh, I like the vents plus I always find a way to knock the polyfil out. So if it's locked in the inside, that wouldn't happen.

--------------------

I do not grow anything that is illegal... Everything is of the legal variety... if someone mentions any illegal activity it isn't me...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds