Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.W. West Virginia
Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: dickenz07]
    #9140385 - 10/27/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Decided to go out tonight down the street from my house and see how many muscaria I could find..some might be something else...what do you guys think??

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9140434 - 10/27/08 02:59 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

By the way..the top ones are the three I left in the video..which were more orange..but since I uncovered them, theyve opened up and got some more sun...so theyve changed color

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9140654 - 10/27/08 05:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Those also look like A. muscaria var. persicina..

OfflineChoking victim
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: HerbBaker]
    #9140825 - 10/27/08 08:08 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Are those edible? I ate one about 5 years ago and all it did was make me poop. and then fall asleep.

Offlinescyrusurcys

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9141385 - 10/27/08 11:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Wait, sorry...  You were out unicycling????

:rofl2:

Not picking fun, no, no. Just found it very random of an activity to start a sentence with. :laugh:

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: scyrusurcys]
    #9141419 - 10/27/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

yeah..I forget that its weird to some people..lol  check out this video I made of some of our riding

Quote:

scyrusurcys said:
Wait, sorry...  You were out unicycling????

:rofl2:

Not picking fun, no, no. Just found it very random of an activity to start a sentence with. :laugh:

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male

Loc: GA
    #9141482 - 10/27/08 11:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you and your buddies kick ass

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: HerbBaker]
    #9141484 - 10/27/08 11:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

thats a pretty good idea..some do look just like those.......

does anybody know a good way to macroscopically tell the difference in the variations??

and are there any chemical differences??

Quote:

warriorsoul said:
Those also look like A. muscaria var. persicina..

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9141652 - 10/27/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Hongos said:
:congrats:

Nice.  You have more ballz than I do.  :thumbup:

I could have told you that :gayflag:

:lol:

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#9141657 - 10/27/08 12:17 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Those were all found within 100ft of each other

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9141952 - 10/27/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Along with the melon colored cap of persicina, the concentric rings on the upper bulb are less pronounced and often absent with persicina, also the annulus is very weakly attached.
Usually associated with Oak and Pine in the SE.

There is some overlap between the varieties but for the most part each occupies a certain region of the country.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #9142414 - 10/27/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:congrats::grin: nice videos

i haven`t  had much fun , until know i really enjoy then .that about unicicling is terrific keep on doing it..

your mushrooms are safe to eat , but this is a territory not much have step on . apparently all this clade have a common origin and for our safe that clade have not step into the clade of the deadly toxic amanitas yet, so even some mushrooms that  appear like muscaria have that characteristic, like flavoconia can any one confirm this  i can`t locate the source, but i remember a few year reading about that and  amanita strobilomyces, that also had ibotenic acid , and some tricholoma ,in my area i found almost the same mushrooms in the forest of la primavera real close to my house and in this area they don't have the well form rings on the stems and they look sort of pinky not as intense red as in other forest like for example in sierra de quila , and in nevado de colima is the only place i have see the yellow forms, rod toullos  said that some species have a more  north  isolated area but maybe he need to study more Mexico and Guatemala and Nicaragua because i have seem many of the forms that are claim to be of the north part real south , even one time tullos tell Alan  that you can not judge an amanita  for is colors of the cap , not saying rod is wrong aim right no , is the opposite, what iam saying is how little we know about mushrooms and only by the work of those dedicates people, like rod, all mycologist and all member here we are steeping in new discovery's each day , for example, i bet we have eat more , rare species that what true mycologist claim that can be eat, that for sure is to open and push the wall of knowledge the scientific knowledge weather you want it or not, in mushrooms we  are all important all. as individual make a great contribution to the knowledge that is universal,  it was until a few month that i pay to attention to all the different features of muscaria that i realize that , i consider all the same later on , all where muscaria and that is , but then i begging to see the variety . flavivolvata, almost every where,other resemble persicina. and few are the yellow form and only grow in different and high elevation forest. in other part of Mexico some ever withe form appear that resemble muscaria ,

in the beggining of the seasom is one of the firt mushrooms to apear, in high and low forest , in high a diferent variety apear a yellow form, and flavoconia dominate low forest,

i guees amanita  may be what micologist may be looking for for long time a mushrooms with some many specifid variatns . depending of genetic and enviromental factors, or isolate areas, i mean this in future can be look as rosetta stone, where we can elucidate , what happend in the evolution of many other mushrooms , like for example the weilli-caerulescens conecction , you can put more than 5 species in that conecction (weilli,villarealae, caerulescens,laurae,all caerulecnes variant)

so i guees all variant of amanita muscaria are safe to eat since that clade originate long time ago ,and  until know there is no register of a deadly toxic lookalike, and it most be one of the most old use mushrooms
it was only about a month ago that i try muscaria and gaing lot of interest in the experience, and now i can not find any only in certaing areas very rare right now , and i used to see hundret in the begging of the seasom , how fool? i should have same a ton or two?.only my two cent so you dont fell like me later. i still have 4 more , i guees i gonna dosse 3 next time,

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

OfflineChoking victim
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: cactu]
    #9146899 - 10/28/08 07:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

OK. So are these edible from n.GA? I thought it had to be from up north to be red caps and the further south you get the closer to orage yellow you got. some fill me in, I am lost.

OfflineChoking victim
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: Choking victim]
    #9181357 - 11/04/08 07:27 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I see how it is, Once I talk, everyone runs away! "don't talk to the stinky kid, Hes weird!"

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: Choking victim]
    #9864624 - 02/25/09 05:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I didnt think the red caps grew in the US..Either way, I believe the same principles apply for these as far as edibility are concerned..I was told to dry out the caps to moke, but dont quote me on any of this..Do some research i guess..sorry these are still muscaria, just a variation of the muscaria

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

#9872399 - 02/26/09 08:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Evidently A. muscarias can be turned into good edibles by removing the active/toxic substances through repeated boiling and changes of water. They can taste very good without such preparation, which can lead folks to eat too many before the effects hammer them into submission.

Unfortunately deadly Amanitas won't necessarily taste bad, either.

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: N2loma]
    #9872733 - 02/26/09 08:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

"the sunshine blunt"
5 grams of a. muscaria skins rolled in a blunt.....?

i got a good laugh when i heard it.

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Offlinescyrusurcys

#9886636 - 02/28/09 08:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Nice finds! I live about 60 miles directly west of Cobb County and have found Amanita formosa growing in pine straw, just like you find the muscaria. I've never had the luck of finding red caps, though. I just troll through the woods and look for little "hills" of pine straw poking up - I usually find some kind of fungus growing under them :smile:

And as for Amanita muscaria growing in the US, they are ALL OVER the state of Washington and Oregon. They like very moist and cool environments and those 2 states are a perfect match. It rains almost every other day around Seattle and they pop up uuurrvreywhere there's a tree and grass.

More about smoking, though!! ---> What kind of effect can be achieved with a thumbnail-sized cap (and only amanita muscaria)? Is the onset immediate? Is it any better than eating caps? Someone please answer!

Edited by scyrusurcys (02/28/09 08:22 PM)

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: AMANITA MUSCARIA EVERYWHERE IN GA [Re: scyrusurcys]
    #9887254 - 02/28/09 10:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ive tried it a couple times but not much effects..just an enhanced weed buzz..i only smoked a small portion finger tip sized in a bowl...from what i was told you have to smoke a lot..but dont take my word for it as these are somewhat dangerous mushrooms. try a search on here...
or read this thread from the beginning and there are some tips from weiliiiii
and links on page 2. of this thread...hope that helps

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Invisibletrigger
non-trusted identifier
 User Gallery

#9887429 - 02/28/09 10:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

a. muscaria v. formosa
fried and served like pancakes!

--------------------
If you want to under stand me more better, use a hillbilly redneck voice while trans posing my words 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates