Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineleighking
Stranger

Golden Teacher Pins Growing
    #9073876 - 10/14/08 12:54 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

SWIM has asked me to post some pics of their first grow! The strain is Golden Teacher, the first two pics were taken about 12 hours apart and the third about 3 hours after that.

SWIM might try to take a new pic every few hours or so if you guys are interested in watching the cakes develop through to harvest.

SWIM is getting impatient though and is wondering how much longer you more experienced growers think it will be until the shrooms are ready for harvest?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGogol
Wait, what?
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Pins Growing [Re: leighking]
    #9074040 - 10/14/08 01:29 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Looks good.  Did you use the PF Tek method?  If so, how long did it take your jars to fully colonize?  I'm attempting to cultivate the Golden Teacher strain and just started seeing mycelium (it's been a week).

Offlineleighking
Stranger

Re: Golden Teacher Pins Growing [Re: Gogol]
    #9074167 - 10/14/08 01:58 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, the PF Tek method was used. The jars took about a week until SWIM started to see the mycelium and another two full weeks until two of the jars appeared fully colonized. These are the cakes that are now fruiting.

There are another three cakes in the fruiting chamber now that took a further half/week to be fully colonized and then I left these few cakes for another few days to ensure that it had colonized all the way through the substrate.

These cakes that were left in the jars for longer have started to pin already only a few days after birthing. It seems that leaving the jars for a little longer before birthing is the way to go to prevent possible contamination and to encourage a pin set shortly after birthing; although the first two cakes do seem to be fruiting fairly well.

If anyone else has any experience with the Golden Teachers are the first two cakes looking like they will yield well, and how long until they should be ready for harvest?

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Golden Teacher Pins Growing [Re: leighking]
    #9074684 - 10/14/08 06:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You should always wait 1 full week after your substrate appears fully colinised to allow the mycelium to consolidate its hold on the substrate.

Birthing at what looks like full colinisation usually results in cakes sitting in your terrarium for a week drying out before anything happens.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation