Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblealices_poppies
cornchip
Female User Gallery

suboxone and clonazepam?
    #9060009 - 10/10/08 05:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

so...these are two of my options for tonight..
I've never really had a desire to take suboxone for any sort of recreational use, though..I have a feeling it would make me incredibly tired.
What are your experiences or suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: suboxone and clonazepam? [Re: alices_poppies]
    #9060051 - 10/10/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Klonopin will surely make you more tired than Suboxone, which is, in lower doses, an "uppity" pseudo-opiate.

I take Suboxone currently, and let me start by saying the most important thing: do NOT take it if you have taken an opiate in the last 24-48 hours.  You'll go into instant withdrawal, squirm around on the ground, writhing in pain, and hate your life for about an hour.

If you haven't taken an opiate in that period of time, you'll likely get a good nod and feel fairly good overall.  If you are looking for a regular opiate high, though, you won't find it in Suboxone.  It just makes a person in withdrawal feel normal, and a person who doesn't usually take opiates will feel maybe a bit of a high.  I don't "recommend" it by any means, and DEFINITELY do not take both of these drugs at the same time ... really bad news combo right there.

If you do decide to take it, remember that less is more ... if you take too much, you'll puke for a few hours, and hate your life, like I said before.  Suboxone is serious business.

With all that said, good luck with whatever you choose.

OfflineMrblazed
musher
Male User Gallery
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #9060061 - 10/10/08 05:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well i take suboxone 8/2 for heroin and oxycontin addiction i would say take a quarter of the suboxone it wont make you tired like other pain killers do but you do know you dissolve it under your tongue and spit out all your spit also they last about 12 to 16 hours the high at least does. i would say might as well try it also it tends to make people really sick. so just take a quarter.

OfflineMrblazed
musher
Male User Gallery
Re: suboxone and clonazepam? [Re: Mrblazed]
    #9060068 - 10/10/08 05:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

HB he cant go into with drawl he isn't addicted to pain killers like us it only does that if you are already addicted be for you take it if you had any thing like H or Oxys and took it your high would just go away not like us fucking shit got me bad how did you get into pain killers HB? how long were you on them , and what kind?

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#9060102 - 10/10/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mrblazed said:
HB he cant go into with drawl he isn't addicted to pain killers like us it only does that if you are already addicted be for you take it if you had any thing like H or Oxys and took it your high would just go away not like us fucking shit got me bad how did you get into pain killers HB? how long were you on them , and what kind?

Well we don't know he isn't addicted to pain killers (no offense, OP), he never said whether he was or wasn't in his post.  I can't be sure, but it COULD put a person into precipitated withdrawal (however minor/major) if they are currently on an opiate, even if they aren't addicted, because what it does is push any active opiates out of your opiate receptors and block them from working ... so a person who is already high will have their high taken away when it starts working, forcing them into a withdrawal.  Again I'm not positive, but better safe than sorry.  I've had the precipitated withdrawal once, and I'll never go through it again.  Scary shit.

I've been on painkillers for 7 years now.  I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 16 and not long after found myself dependent on opiates to kill the pain.  In the beginning I was addicted to Fentanyl and Dilaudid, and in recent years I changed over to less potent opiates like hydrocodone in Norco form.  Suboxone is a great drug, but it still has many side-effects that I fight with (like fatigue, pin-point pupils worse than any other opiate can produce, among other side-effects), so I have a fairly love/hate relationship with it.  For the moment though, I love it more than I hate it, because it's helping me not use.

OfflineMrblazed
musher
Male User Gallery
Re: suboxone and clonazepam? [Re: HB]
    #9060124 - 10/10/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i was addicted to H and oxys for about 2 years heavy doing 10 80's a day horrible stuff man everyday was hell Ive been on suboxone for a year now SAVED MY LIFE now I'm getting off of it yeah suboxone is quit a amazing drug the way it works on the receptors binds to them instead of just bouncing off like most do. does suboxone make you not shit as bad as it does to me hahaha always had that problem. cheers mate have a good one!

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#9060183 - 10/10/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mrblazed said:
yeah i was addicted to H and oxys for about 2 years heavy doing 10 80's a day horrible stuff man everyday was hell Ive been on suboxone for a year now SAVED MY LIFE now I'm getting off of it yeah suboxone is quit a amazing drug the way it works on the receptors binds to them instead of just bouncing off like most do. does suboxone make you not shit as bad as it does to me hahaha always had that problem. cheers mate have a good one!

damn dude, 10 80's a day?  I've taken 20 Norcos in a day, but that doesn't even compare.  That's wild, to say the least.  Good to hear the Sub is working out for you!  I've relapsed a few times for a day or two, but overall the Sub has been treating me well and taking care of most of the problems of not taking opiates, so I'm trying to stick to it as best I can.

Good luck with getting off Sub, you're definitely on the right track to be getting over opiates ... they're mean bastards.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #9060186 - 10/10/08 05:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HB said:
Klonopin will surely make you more tired than Suboxone, which is, in lower doses, an "uppity" pseudo-opiate.

I take Suboxone currently, and let me start by saying the most important thing: do NOT take it if you have taken an opiate in the last 24-48 hours.  You'll go into instant withdrawal, squirm around on the ground, writhing in pain, and hate your life for about an hour.

If you haven't taken an opiate in that period of time, you'll likely get a good nod and feel fairly good overall.  If you are looking for a regular opiate high, though, you won't find it in Suboxone.  It just makes a person in withdrawal feel normal, and a person who doesn't usually take opiates will feel maybe a bit of a high.  I don't "recommend" it by any means, and DEFINITELY do not take both of these drugs at the same time ... really bad news combo right there.

If you do decide to take it, remember that less is more ... if you take too much, you'll puke for a few hours, and hate your life, like I said before.  Suboxone is serious business.
I t
With all that said, good luck with whatever you choose.

Ive noticed everybody reacts different to suboxone, i take it at the moment to.

I take 8mg a day but dont even feel it anymore, i know some people who take 2mg a day but when they have taken 8mg they puked everywhere and couldn't get off the couch.

My buddy built up a tolerance to suboxone, he could still do dope and take it and get high on the dope.

He said if you take a certain amount of suboxone everyday for a couple month, and only the same amount the whole time, you'll build up a tolerance to it and the naloxone wont affect you enabling you to do dope.

Sorry this is really worthless information but i was born a ramblin man. :burnone:

Invisiblealices_poppies
cornchip
Female User Gallery

#9060197 - 10/10/08 06:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mrblazed said:

*she..(if you were referring to me) and I took 40mg oxy yesterday, and then 2 10mg percs later on that night. so I guess suboxone isn't the right choice for tonight. you've both been very helpful though, thanks. :grin::grin:
I have a friend who just started suboxone for heroin detox and she actually likes it better than methadone.
made me happy to hear that you're getting through your addiction by the way. :mushroom2:

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: suboxone and clonazepam? [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9060212 - 10/10/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
He said if you take a certain amount of suboxone everyday for a couple month, and only the same amount the whole time, you'll build up a tolerance to it and the naloxone wont affect you enabling you to do dope.

That's interesting, but I wonder how valid it is.  Naloxone is actually completely benign unless you inject it, it doesn't work orally (at least not in the 2mg dosage range in Suboxone).  My doctor and the makers of Suboxone said the same thing, it only exists in the pill so that you don't inject it, because then the Naloxone will be active and cause major discomfort.  But who knows, as you said, everybody does react to Suboxone very differently.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#9060233 - 10/10/08 06:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

alices_poppies said:
*she..(if you were referring to me) and I took 40mg oxy yesterday, and then 2 10mg percs later on that night. so I guess suboxone isn't the right choice for tonight. you've both been very helpful though, thanks. :grin::grin:
I have a friend who just started suboxone for heroin detox and she actually likes it better than methadone.
made me happy to hear that you're getting through your addiction by the way. :mushroom2:

Good call!  If you took oxy and percs yesterday, DEFINITELY not the best idea to take the Sub tonight ... but save it for like Saturday or Sunday, and you should enjoy it.

As far as Klonopin goes, I think it's nice if I'm kind of wound up or anxious, because then I feel noticeably more amazing ... but if I'm already "chill", I tend to just kind of get bored and feel too lazy to do anything, which I find quite dysphoric.

Whatever you end up doing, Happy Friday Night! :rockon:

Invisiblealices_poppies
cornchip
Female User Gallery

#9060289 - 10/10/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

eh.. who knows what will happen..I never plan things, and something always pops up for better or worse.
I was just curious to know if suboxone had any recreational effects and if spacing it out with kpins would be a bad idea(I had a gut feeling it would be..just like benzos and opiates are) Definitely answered my question.
And..being that I just stumbled on some morphine in the last ten minutes.. I now have more options! woohoo

Besides..a blunt of some headies is all I need at the moment. I'm feeling particularly relaxed as it is, which doesn't happen too often, so I think tonight is going to be a relatively good night regardless.

And you're right about kpins..I almost always prefer xannies because they don't make me as lazy and I love the intensely blissful feeling of calm they usually give me..unless I overdo it..then I can barely function.
but I've had my share of shit from benzos so I'm trying to avoid them right now..Kpins are okay, but they just make me want bars instead. In my opinion.
anyways..Happy friday also! what are your plans?

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#9060377 - 10/10/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Enjoy the morph :wink:

My Friday night plans are to babysit my little cousin ... I wish I would have picked up some bud or something earlier on to make it super chill (she just does her own thing anyway) but making 100 bucks for hanging out on a Friday night with my little cousin is way cool in itself.  Heading out in a minute!  Have fun :heart:

OfflineZexter
Seeker Of Knowledge
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA - Zone 6a Flag
    #16425170 - 06/23/12 11:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I know this is old, but I couldn't let misinformation be passed around.

The naloxone will NOT cancel out the Buprenorphine. It's there as a marketing scheme. Bupe has such a high affinity to the opiate receptors in the brain that the naloxone can't compete. It's literally only there as a marketing scheme. And yes, even when injecting (yes injecting pills be bad for ya's) the naloxone does nothing. Bupe has too high of an affinity. Add the naloxone, lie to the fda, and now you have a brand name drug that costs waaaay too much money. I hate to sound like a conspiracist, but it's true. Also, the ceiling effect is higher than 4 mg. it depends on the person, but most people cant tell the difference after 16mg.

Now on to the fun part. With suboxone, less is actually more. Between 2-4 (4 at the max) the buprenorphine is actually converted into it's lovely and full agonist cousin nor-buprenorphine.... giving you more of an opiate feeling. Not that I advice that of course. But if you do the research, and actually use your brain this info is straight forward. If naloxone blocked bupe... then suboxone wouldnt work. It was just a way to get the fda to be more "friendly"

--------------------
Life Is Only The Perception Of Being Alive ~Zexter

Edited by Zexter (06/23/12 11:17 AM)

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
Re: suboxone and clonazepam? [Re: Zexter]
    #16425191 - 06/23/12 11:20 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Zexter said:
I know this is old, but I couldn't let misinformation be passed around.

The naloxone will NOT cancel out the Buprenorphine. It's there as a marketing scheme. Bupe has such a high affinity to the opiate receptors in the brain that the naloxone can't compete. It's literally only there as a marketing scheme. And yes, even when injecting (yes injecting pills be bad for ya's) the naloxone does nothing. Bupe has too high of an affinity. Add the naloxone, lie to the fda, and now you have a brand name drug that costs waaaay too much money. I hate to sound like a conspiracist, but it's true. Also, the ceiling effect is higher than 4 mg. it depends on the person, but most people cant tell the difference after 16mg.

Now on to the fun part. With suboxone, less is actually more. Between 2-4 (4 at the max) the buprenorphine is actually converted into it's lovely and full agonist cousin nor-buprenorphine.... giving you more of an opiate feeling. Not that I advice that of course. But if you do the research, and actually use your brain this info is straight forward. If naloxone blocked bupe... then suboxone wouldnt work. It was just a way to get the fda to be more "friendly"

I was just telling a Fellow SHroomerite in a message earlier about how the new GEL TABS are easier to abuse than the old pill tablets.

THe Manufacturer made it easier to abuse.  And the biggest scam of all is that the BUPE has a far higher Binding Affinity to the MU, DELTA and KAPPA receptors in than brain than Naloxone can knock it off.  Especially if you dose an entire dose at one time. The Naloxone doesn't even have a fighting chance.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom