Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Smoking and cold sores?
    #9008827 - 09/30/08 05:23 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

So I get cold sores occasionally (got 'em from my mother when I was little).  I was wondering, though; is there any correlation between smoking cigarettes and occurrence of outbreaks?  I've read that a lot of smokers who quit cold turkey get lots of cold sores in the weeks after stopping, but is this due to the stress of withdrawal, or does the nicotine in the cigarettes decrease frequency of outbreaks while you're on a steady smoking schedule?  What if I only smoke on the weekends?  Would this infrequent jarring of my body's natural rhythm (as opposed to constantly smoking or constantly not smoking) cause me to get more cold sores?

And just out of curiosity, have you noticed any correlation between smoking weed and getting 'em?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLbDub
Male

Re: Smoking and cold sores? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9021920 - 10/03/08 03:39 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm, I smoke weed & to a lesser extent cigarettes(few a day). I haven't gotten a cold sore for a long time, before I started smoking(couple years).

I had to quit weed for a month or two and didn't get any cold sores, but I was still smoking cig's.

I would not let cold sores stop you from smoking cigarettes dude. It might be the stress from withdrawal, or that they eat foods they wouldn't regularly eat during the first couple weeks of quitting.

Some foods trigger them too. I know that if I eat a lot of salt and vinegar chips I'm almost guaranteed to get one or two.

Anonymous #1

Re: Smoking and cold sores? [Re: LbDub]
    #9023744 - 10/03/08 03:45 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, sounds good.  I've been experimenting lately and smoking cigs seems not to affect them too much.  I tend to get them when I eat a lot of dairy, as I'm allergic to it.

Offlinewarrku
Stranger
Re: Smoking and cold sores? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #10405668 - 05/27/09 03:04 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

There are a lot of problems associated with smoking which people face like problem with respiratory system, heart and many more. Chantix helps you to get over this smoking habit and it works on the body by giving you the same feel good effect as smoking and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. Along with having this medicine, you should also have will power and feeling that you want to get over this habit. There is one thing which I would like to share and which helped me a lot initially, try having a glass of water when you feel craving the most. It a tough road but it's worth so best luck to all those who want to give up smoking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being