Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Reality Is Alive
    #895832 - 09/20/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I believe that Reality is alive.  Reality is everything that can be and is experienced, and in saying that it is obvious that reality is alive, because humans are part of reality, and humans are alive.  I am not just talking about people, I am talking about everything.  Everything is alive!

Reality, in our universe, as we are discovering, is made of concepts that our brains can understand.  Space, time, physics, math, particles, what have you.  I believe that all of these fundamental things, interacting with each other, produces life and is life.  A molecule isn't very alive, and neither are two molecules, but when a whole bunch of molecules are bonded together in a pattern, they become very alive.

The Earth is a grouping of units of matter, energy, time, space.  Looking at the Earth, and looking at Mars, I conclude that the Earth is more alive than Mars.  This is simply how I define what alive is.  Earth is also more alive than Venus, but I might say Mars is more alive than Venus because it exhibits more signs of being alive.  Venus is more alive than an asteroid, and an asteroid is more alive than a void in space.  A void in space may be more alive than "nothing".

The environments that we live in on Earth, our homes, our gardens, forests and all of nature, are alive.  Technology is mans attempt to evolve nature to suit his needs, and therefore technology and nature coexist together.  Yet technology is a product of nature and so the paradox is that technology is a recombination of natural processes: it is an evolution of nature.  It is not a replacement nor a successor.  Technology compliments nature.  Nature, being alive, and technology being narrow-minded, will become more alive with the creation of artificial intelligence.

God is the realization that Reality is alive.  "God Exists" is the proclamation by humanity that we recognize the life of the universe!  Reality, as manifested by physics and the behaviour of matter, is the personality of God.  In a way, the holistic process that gives rise to the functioning of the universe, is the essence of God.  Reality is God and God is Reality.  Everything that we have experienced shows that the laws of the universe play out not only in the vacuum of space, but in the center of our own brains.  Our beings, the combination of body and brain, as defined as a soul, is made of the same substances as anything else: time, energy, matter.

If reality is alive, and there was a Big Bang, where did reality come from?  I propose that reality didn't come from anything.  Our universe is a product of something - not nothing.  Nihilistic physicists may tell you the universe came from nothing, but I for one think that is bullshit.  Nothing just magically became something?  Nah.  How about this: there was always something, and there always  will be something, because there IS something.  Do you see nothing?  I don't, I see something.  Always have, always will.  Even in the void of space, something can always be found.

Science proclaims that a Big Bang occured, and this is based on good evidence.  Before the Big Bang, there is only one reasonable belief: something existed.  I believe that no physicist alive today can confirm that something came from nothing, simply because they weren't alive billions of years ago.  They weren't there to witness something coming from nothing, their whole story is in fact full of fairy tales.  Scientists may have the higher ground on these issues, but why let credentials bully your thoughts?

My point is: any entity is to some degree alive.  Only some things are more alive than others.  It is as if some things have more life concentrated into one space than other things.  What is this "substance" that is life?  I propose that time is this substance.  Time, as a fuel for reality, is the indivisible, multidimensional, prismatic and fluid ether that is life.  Without time, there is no life, no energy.  Humans have time, our brains achieve ways to get more time to think, more time to feel and express emotions.  The mushroom gives us more time; ancestral apes, eating shrooms, increased their access to time.  Humans are more alive than any other animal in nature, and this is precisely because we are evolved to use the most time.

:grin: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: pattern]
    #895849 - 09/20/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well put.  :smile:
One might even say that reality is God. All realities are just different layers and levels of perception in this infinite reality. All these different realities collect experience and interact with each other, creating a huge web of experiences.. this experience coming from all the realities of the Universe forms into one being, Creation, which then uses the knowledge of experience to Evolve, in order to never stagnate...always improve.. always learning..always flowing. 

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: Shroomism]
    #895918 - 09/20/02 12:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> which then uses the knowledge of experience to Evolve, in order to never
> stagnate...always improve.. always learning..always flowing

... and the whole time, if it's learning, it's alive, it's evolving ... :smile:

At least reality isn't boring! Maybe that's the whole point of evolution? hehe

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #895938 - 09/20/02 01:15 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

very, very good post...

Quote:

At least reality isn't boring! Maybe that's the whole point of evolution? hehe

heh... i agree with you there... in fact i think that is the reason why we are here... the reason why we incarnate to begin with... this is the only game in town  :grin: ... and the good thing is, we cannot lose... the outcome of life is not in doubt... 

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #895953 - 09/20/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah..exactly.. we are constantly experiencing new things and learning so it is never boring.. that is the whole point of reality and evolution.. to constantly grow..adapt...change...

--------------------

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: Shroomism]
    #896014 - 09/20/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

3 cheers for novelty!!
Now i understand why McKenna was always dropping that word in his rants.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #896183 - 09/20/02 08:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The Big Bang was God's ultimate orgasm.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: Adamist]
    #896287 - 09/20/02 09:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

good post man, i agree, when i am walking home from work it appears that everything is watching me, especially the trees. God is a proton.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #896323 - 09/20/02 09:54 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

. A molecule isn't very alive, and neither are two molecules, but when a whole bunch of molecules are bonded together in a pattern, they become very alive.

I consider molecules to be alive.
how can a molecule be distinguished from a grouping of molecules?
both respond to different types of stimuli

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#896328 - 09/20/02 09:57 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nihilistic physicists may tell you the universe came from nothing, but I for one think that is bullshit. Nothing just magically became something? 

actually,  physicists don't think the universe  came from anything, because to them, time is just a dimension of our universe and the universe simply  exists.

so they agree with you  :grin:

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#896330 - 09/20/02 09:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> The Big Bang was God's ultimate orgasm.

rofl  must've felt great!!! :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #896332 - 09/20/02 09:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>good post man, i agree, when i am walking home from work it appears that
>everything is watching me, especially the trees.

Its as tho the trees are a representation of our protection; alive, flowing, and we exist only if they do, so they are literally a part of our life

> God is a proton.

I say a proton is a piece of God :smile:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #896582 - 09/21/02 12:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

> I consider molecules to be alive.
> how can a molecule be distinguished from a grouping of molecules?
> both respond to different types of stimuli

you can only distinguish by looking at the overall pattern, right... if you just look at one, and it moves funny, and you dont know why... well its because there are other molecules around it causing it to move funny. so we have to step back and see the bigger picture.

> actually, physicists don't think the universe came from anything, because to
> them, time is just a dimension of our universe and the universe simply exists.
> so they agree with you

i covered my ass tho: i said nihilistic physicists :P

but you are right, some say that one cant say anything about "before" the universe, because time didnt exist, it would be meaningless...

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

#896597 - 09/21/02 12:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

you can only distinguish by looking at the overall pattern, right... if you just look at one, and it moves funny, and you dont know why... well its because there are other molecules around it causing it to move funny. so we have to step back and see the bigger picture.

if you feed a cow grass, and it poops, is that not simply one molecule triggering another and another and another in a complex chain reaction?

if you pour acid on a wooden table, and it melts a hole through it and leaves a pile of goop on your floor is that not the same thing?

if you shade a tree from light for many months, isn't the resulting death and decomposition just a kind of complex molecular chain reaction?
if you put the tree in 24-hour light and it thrives, is that not also the same thing?

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#898760 - 09/22/02 04:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

good points.  hmm!  as of now, multiple molecules are simulatenously moving. i dont accept that there was a first molecule that moved them all, because that implies there were alot of molecules just sitting around waiting for the first one to move. 

instead i think that there are underlying processes (atomic forces) and things (atoms) that created the first molecule, and since these underlying processes move, so the first molecule was always moving in the first place.  early molecular reality was caused to exist by the result of a combination of atoms and atomic forces.  after a while there were alot of identical molecules, then what?

then new molecules are born in an environment that is safe for that molecule.  this happens because earlier molecules create a protective shield.  i predict that macro-evolution happens most in the middle of a group, not on the outskirts.  the environment is orderly yet allows a bit of chaos in so it can change.  if the new molecules benefit their elders, then its all good.  controlled enxtropy! 

a perceived paradox from of the second law of thermodynamics: all open systems rise in extropy yet still maintain the order of existence.  because the system has evolved a way to control its intake of chaos.  extropy is caused on a fundamental level by time.  i conclude: it takes time to build new things!  :smirk: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #899102 - 09/22/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have read someplace on the Big Bang theory. Maybe you guys have more info on it then i do. I have read that this theory could easily be true. It was when all these gases and what not were combining.. It is simple it was the formation of our solar system. Anyone have info on the creation of a solar system? I know ive read about it before but recently i couldn't find what i was looking for. I will go look more though.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: Droz]
    #899684 - 09/22/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Life is intelligence, evolving, out of life the universe was created and into life will it one day recede, the bliss of eternity.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #899836 - 09/22/02 05:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, I have often made the same equation that 'God=Reality,' and the Good Book refers to the transcendence of human life into God as "Eternal Life." The outpouring of space-time, and all that it includes, from a 'Divine Singularity,' is the Western doctrine of Creation ex Nihilo - Creation out of Nothing. However, it should be rendered 'no thing,' rather than nothing. God is the former, not the latter. Jewish Kabbalism says that God willed a Void within His Infinite Essence - a point in which He retracted the fullness of His Being. That point, that singularity, was our Big Bang. The Divine Ideas, the archetypes of all creation, of all worlds past, present and future, flashed into manifestation at 10 to the minus 43rd second.

And lest the awesome display of creation cause doubt that Almighty God is not aware of the seeming insignificance of a human being compared to the size and duration of 100 billion galaxies, we should remember the paradox that God is fully present in the infinitely small as well as the infinitely large. The qualifiers small and large disappear entirely when compared to Infinity. From the center of every point in space-time, from the metacenter of every atom, and as a 'Jewel in the Lotus of the Heart', God can be found in his fullness.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Re: Reality Is Alive [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #899882 - 09/22/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

it should be rendered 'no thing,' rather than nothing

lolololol
um
don't you realize those two are exactly the same?
if it's not a thing, it's nothing.

--------------------
-Ralph Nader

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #900268 - 09/22/02 08:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry bud, I guess the distinction is a bit too subtle for ya. God is 'no-thing', which means that God is not 'an' object among objects. God is the 'a priori,' the 'infra-structure' so-to-speak of existence. It is from God that all else derives. This is NOT equivalent to saying 'nothing' in the sense of non-existent.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract